3/31 is World Backup Day

easysurfer

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I was going do my normal monthly and quarterly backups today. But since Tuesday is World Backup Day (guess there's a day for everything), I might as well join the party then:popcorn:.

Tuesday is World Backup Day, a made-up holiday that encourages the the sale of more products like hard drives and USB thumb drives.
That said, when's the last time you actually backed up your phone? Or computer? All of those precious photos sitting on the phone and not backed up could end up as distant memories if you lost the device or had it stolen.

And having your pictures posted on Facebook doesn't count as a backup. The social network greatly lowers the resolution after you've uploaded it, making it unsuitable as a second copy.
We're all at home now. Why not take a few minutes this weekend to back up our media.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech...ackup-data-and-easily-save-photos/2926826001/

I backup my computer nightly. I usually swap my backup drive with a second drive in our safe deposit box about once a month. Unfortunately, my bank branch is closed due to COVID, so I won't be swapping backup drives any time soon.

Right on schedule for me, I do quarterly full backups and monthly incremental backups.

I back up every weekend, alternating between two external hard drives. Weekly backups are a habit I have had ever since a catastrophic and very traumatic hard drive crash back in 1985.

It's not a case of "more virtuous than thou", but a case of "I never want to feel that awful and upset again in my life!"

Decided to just go ahead and do my system and data backups one day before National Backup Day. The backups are running as I type :popcorn:.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom