Apple Watch Screen Protector

Jerry1

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
Do you use a screen protector on your Apple Watch? If so, is there a particular one that you like/recommend? They all look pretty much the same but as I read some of the reviews, they seem to create issues with the ability to swipe and control the watch. Still, I don’t want it all scratched up after a year either so looking for advice. Thanks.

No, neither of us has ever used an Apple Watch screen protector. DH has a higher end Apple Watch that has the sapphire glass which is more scratch resistant. I probably have some small scratches on my watch but they aren’t noticeable and don’t interfere with the operation. I’ve never considered a screen protector. This is my 4th Apple Watch and it’s never been an issue.

I've been wearing an Apple Watch since 2016, and never noticed a scratch.

Just looked, and I actually have a small scratch on my current one, but can't see it unless I look carefully and the light is exactly right, so it's really not noticeable.

I'm not at all careful with it, and bang it against things all the time. I would not recommend a screen protector.

Just looked, and I actually have a small scratch on my current one, but can't see it unless I look carefully and the light is exactly right, so it's really not noticeable.

I'm not at all careful with it, and bang it against things all the time. I would not recommend a screen protector.
Precisely. They are usually very difficult to see. And the watch usually has to be off to see them at all, so they aren’t noticeable during normal operation.

I’ve also never used a screen cover for my watch. I’ve worn my current model for 3 or 4 years I guess. I’ve just noticed my first “scratches” in the last couple months. But they do not bother anything. I don’t even notice them unless I go looking for them.

Do you use a screen protector on your Apple Watch? If so, is there a particular one that you like/recommend? They all look pretty much the same but as I read some of the reviews, they seem to create issues with the ability to swipe and control the watch. Still, I don’t want it all scratched up after a year either so looking for advice. Thanks.

If you are doing certain kinds of work you could scratch the face. I scratched my first watch on a stone while gardening.

Now for such tasks I put on a wrist sweat band: https://smile.amazon.com/s?k=wrist+sweat+bands+for+men&crid=2SPAB4XGUHZLP&sprefix=wrist+sw%2Caps%2C161&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-doa-p_1_8

I generally use gardening gloves while working outdoors.

If I’m doing something really messy in the kitchen I take my watch off. The kitchen stuff won’t scratch the watch face, but it sure can get the watch band yucky.

If you are doing certain kinds of work you could scratch the face. I scratched my first watch on a stone while gardening.

Now for such tasks I put on a wrist sweat band: https://smile.amazon.com/s?k=wrist+sweat+bands+for+men&crid=2SPAB4XGUHZLP&sprefix=wrist+sw%2Caps%2C161&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-doa-p_1_8

I also use those bands when gardening unless I'm wearing my rose gloves to protect against dust getting in the watch. That's how I ruined my fitbit. No watch screen protector for me.

Thanks everyone. Looks like I can pass on the screen protector. I'd do the same for my phone, but I have dropped it a number of times so the case and a screen protector are required. Even then, I use the most minimalist designed case I can find.

I am on my second watch. Very active, wear it all the time - never scratched the face.

We don't have screen protectors on ours. DH does take his watch off when he is working outside. He can be pretty hard on things at times.

Thanks everyone. Looks like I can pass on the screen protector. I'd do the same for my phone, but I have dropped it a number of times so the case and a screen protector are required. Even then, I use the most minimalist designed case I can find.

Well since the watch is buckled to your arm, much less chance of dropping it.

Back
Top Bottom