Join Early Retirement Today

Favorite Bluetooth speakers
Old 08-21-2019, 04:24 PM   #1
Recycles dryer sheets

Favorite Bluetooth speakers

Huge fan of my little JBL Flip 4 and Xtreme. Huge deep sound.

IMG_0570.JPG

Retired January 2019, age 63
35/65 AA
0.00 WR
Floridatennisplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-21-2019, 06:01 PM   #2
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

I have an Ultimate Ears Megaboom 3...I tried more than a dozen before deciding. The Extreme was on my short list.
Music Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 06:14 PM   #3
Give me a forum ...

This was so good I bought 2 of them.
RobbieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 06:19 PM   #4
Give me a forum ...

I use a JBL Extreme on the patio, but our TV sound bar is Bluetooth enabled so we just connect to it off our iPad and we have our music in surround sound. Sounds better than the smaller portables.
COcheesehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 06:42 PM   #5
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Maybe this is too far off-topic, but I started with Bluetooth speakers, and transitioned to smart speakers, that stream music from the internet.

I have a Yamaha MusicCast 20 smart speaker at the office, two Denon HEOS 1 HS2 and HS5 smart speakers at home, and a Denon AVRX4300H HEOS-enabled audio-video receiver at home. All units can stream music via Pandora or any music services directly from the internet (ethernet or wi-fi), or can stream music via bluetooth from my phone. I keep all of my purchased music on a Sandisk Ultrafit 128GB USB drive, which is installed in one of my HEOS smart speakers. That speaker, the other HEOS speaker, and the HEOS receiver can all stream music from the one USB drive. With smart speakers, Pandora, and Amazon Music, I never listen to the radio anymore, but my wife does. Sonos makes similar speakers to the HEOS line, which most folks seem to prefer over HEOS.

I also have a small JBL Clip bluetooth speaker that I use only for travel.