FYI, Google Voice Issues.

RetiredAndLovingIt

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
In the past few days, usually overnight, I've been getting messages from Obitalk that my Google Voice is down and then a couple of hours later another message saying it has reconnected. Today it's been down all day, I found this post on Reddit.

Google Voice "Token error" message on Poly OBiTALK devices
Howdy:
This is just a heads-up that many OBiTALK device users who have been using their Google Voice numbers on the devices are currently experiencing outbound call completion failures, and, when looking at their OBiTALK dashboards, will see a status of "Token error".
This a known problem that is now being actively worked by Google Voice and Poly staff. There is no action you can take at this time to resolve it. I don't have an estimated time to resolve, but I am confident it will be fixed (no, Google is not killing OBiTALK devices).

Ugh!

For several weeks Google Voice has not been forwarding messages to my T-Mobile iPhone. Apparently GV no longer offers this feature. What a shame. That really reduces its usefulness to me. Apparently it has something to do with the major cell carriers methods of fighting Spam calls. GV is not compatible with them any more.

First world problems.

You can solve that by installing the Google Voice app on your Iphone.
You can also now make calls or send texts using either your carrier number or your Google Voice number.

You can solve that by installing the Google Voice app on your Iphone.
You can also now make calls or send texts using either your carrier number or your Google Voice number.

I have that app already. And have properly set up GV. The problem seems to be that the carriers, in order to reduce spam, have made changes that do not work with the message forwarding system of Google Voice. So I am told.

In any case this is the 3rd time in the last few years I have had to issues with Google Voice suddenly not forwarding calls and/or messages. It just stops working without notice. I'm done.

Ugh!

For several weeks Google Voice has not been forwarding messages to my T-Mobile iPhone. Apparently GV no longer offers this feature. What a shame. That really reduces its usefulness to me. Apparently it has something to do with the major cell carriers methods of fighting Spam calls. GV is not compatible with them any more.

Is this voice messages, or text messages that you are referring to ?

Does it forward actual phone calls to ring on your other phones ?

Back
Top Bottom