how to carry cell phone

My husband is seriously thinking about getting a smartphone. Somehow we've been getting by with a flip phone from 2007, no data. It's time for us to cave. His concern relates to how to carry it - many of his pant pockets are shallow, and he certainly doesn't want to have to worry about the 5"- 6" phone falling out. What do men do in this case? Thanks.
not complicated. get a belt case.

I always had a work "smart phone" (Blackberry, Nokia Windows Phone because the company didn't support iPhones at the time). Then as soon as I retired I got an iPhone 6 (latest model in 2015). I've had it with me in my pocket of various shorts, jeans, pants, coats, etc. and could not see how anyone could live without a pocket guide to life no matter where you are.

How many square feet to an acre? Easy answer with smart phone. Nearest place for delicious fried clams, bam 1/2 dozen options with directions. Need to find stainless deck screws in Home Depot and no workers nearby, it tells you the aisle and bin location.

Funny thing was at 4 years of age mine was having problems charging as the connection didn't seem to work when I plugged it in unless I fussed with it. Sometimes at night when I placed it on my nightstand the connection would go loose and it wouldn't charge. I started shopping for new iPhones when I decided to Google the issue (yes on my SmartPhone) and found a YouTube video that solved the problem. Evidently men who use their pockets tend to then collect pocket lint in that connector. I cleaned mine out with small eyeglass screwdriver set I had and bingo it works like new. So that is the only thing to "stress" about after 4 years of pocket use in dozens of states, Mexico, Canada.

I always had a work "smart phone" (Blackberry, Nokia Windows Phone because the company didn't support iPhones at the time). Then as soon as I retired I got an iPhone 6 (latest model in 2015). I've had it with me in my pocket of various shorts, jeans, pants, coats, etc. and could not see how anyone could live without a pocket guide to life no matter where you are.

How many square feet to an acre? Easy answer with smart phone. Nearest place for delicious fried clams, bam 1/2 dozen options with directions. Need to find stainless deck screws in Home Depot and no workers nearby, it tells you the aisle and bin location.

Funny thing was at 4 years of age mine was having problems charging as the connection didn't seem to work when I plugged it in unless I fussed with it. Sometimes at night when I placed it on my nightstand the connection would go loose and it wouldn't charge. I started shopping for new iPhones when I decided to Google the issue (yes on my SmartPhone) and found a YouTube video that solved the problem. Evidently men who use their pockets tend to then collect pocket lint in that connector. I cleaned mine out with small eyeglass screwdriver set I had and bingo it works like new. So that is the only thing to "stress" about after 4 years of pocket use in dozens of states, Mexico, Canada.

had the same thing happen with my IP7. cleaned it out and i now carry it in my pocket upside down or in a belt holster.

I have used this holster for years. Has a very strong steel spring clip that fits over my belt.
The flap has a magnet that keeps the phone held in place.
Do recommend.
Hz4nUs4m.png

OP here. DH bought a Pixel 3A and it's fitting well in his cargo shorts pockets. So far so good. He is happy. Thanks, all.

My preferred case is made by CLC (Model 5127) and I found it at probably the last place you'd think to look: Northern Tool - either your local store or northerntool.com. It's a cloth case with both a spring clip (belt, waistband, pocket) and a belt loop. I frequently wear suspenders and the belt loop works well on a suspender strap. It holds my phone with a 5" screen with no problem.
https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200493558_200493558
Other buyers have also left good reviews. $15 or $11 during the current sale.
nice looking case but they are available at many other places:

CLC (Model 5127 - Google Search

my buddy does not use a case. instead he hangs it on a lanyard around his neck.

keep it in a front pocket

I keep it in a front pocket, it has a very thin rubberized case and a screen protector. It never falls out and I've never broken it. The downside--I keep nothing else in that pocket, so now my keys, wallet, coins, pens, etc are in the other front pocket. It's crowded in there. I don't like keeping much in the back pockets--a comb, some notes, etc.

+1
Galaxy S10e fits in my pocked nicely & clear back rubberized sides case stops me from dropping it.

I have a bigger phone, it fits in my pants pocket just fine. In fact, often times I carry two large smart phones in my pocket and that also fits.

Evidently men who use their pockets tend to then collect pocket lint in that connector. I cleaned mine out with small eyeglass screwdriver set I had and bingo it works like new. So that is the only thing to "stress" about after 4 years of pocket use in dozens of states, Mexico, Canada.
I'm a girl and use my pocket or the handy money/cell shoulder pocket for traveling to walk and listen to podcasts. I never carry a purse.
The bold print in quote brings up another question. My iMac bluetooth mouse sticks sometimes. Goes really slow other times. I went to "library" and deleted that part apple says to and I put the speed to highest in system preferences. I wonder if it's dust over time accumulating in the mouse.

I have an iPhone and use a Speck grip case. Very grippy so it doesn't slip out of my hand or my pocket
Same for me. Grippy but slim. And I do keep it with me pretty much at all times. I always have a pocket either in shorts or jeans.

DW has same phone (android) and brand of case. But her phone is in her purse so she never hears it ring, can't feel it vibrate, etc. But she often does not have pockets so it is different.

If my phone was too big for my pocket, I would probably get a smaller phone as I don't love the look of wearing a phone on belt or similar. Maybe that is just me.

Back
Top Bottom