media com plus phone

frank

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I have centurylink for internet and phone service and just recieved a great offer from mediacom. I am not familiar with cable internet or voip phone. does anyone here have it? how does it compare to dsl, satellite or other providers? is the voip a good service or does it have some glitches I should know about? thanks

frank

Both cable internet and VOIP are well established services. I don't think you have anything to fear there.

Is this "deal" a teaser rate? 12 months for only $69.99. Then "regular" rates apply.

The teaser rate is great. The regular rate blows your socks off. Throw a DVR in there and extra boxes for each of your TVs, some HD channels and you have yourself a $200 cable/internet/phone bill. Welcome to Merica!

Those $200 bills are what people try to get out of. "Cutting the cord".

1. Dump your home phone. If you want to keep the number, transfer your home number to a cell phone. Dump your cell phone number if hardly used.

2. Secure fast enough internet with no or a large data cap (1 TB or something)

3. Now you have amazing streaming options. Sony (Playstation) Vue, DirecTVNow, Sling, You Tube TV, Hulu Live, Philo.

Each TV requires some type of box (Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast, Apple TV)

That is how you keep your bill in that $100 range. Add Netflix for additional content. Use something like Cricket Wireless for your cell phone plan. Pound the costs into the ground. You still have a TON to watch.

We have been on Sony (Playtation) Vue with Amazon Fire TV for 2.5 years. A Few price increases, but our internet is $50 and Vue is $50. No contract on either.

mediacom offered internet and home phone for 45. mo. first year 55. second year and 65. the third. no contract, no tv, cancel whenever you like. they said the internet was one thousand megabytes of data. I never had a data plan before so I don't know what that means or if I would run out. where are you getting your internet for 50? everyone around here is in the 100. range for medium speed.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom