motion pictures from 312 miles up

If you still believe the earth is round I have a bridge to sell you. #woke

This is a huge advance. I doubt I'll be able to afford to order videos from them, but maybe some day it'll be possible to have real-time satellite view on Google Maps.

In the late 80s I worked on design concepts for very small satellites and they presented some very complex mathematical issues with managing the solar panels while maintaining proper pointing as well as complex issues with communications. It looks like they have moved from those concepts to systems that are working some 30 years later. Progress is being made!

In the late 80s I worked on design concepts for very small satellites and they presented some very complex mathematical issues with managing the solar panels while maintaining proper pointing as well as complex issues with communications. It looks like they have moved from those concepts to systems that are working some 30 years later. Progress is being made!
I recall reading an article (maybe in the late 60's or early 70's) that at that time, you could place a pack of cigarettes on the hood of a car, and an orbiting military photo satellite could take a picture and tell you what brand it was. Not surprised what they could do now.

I recall reading an article (maybe in the late 60's or early 70's) that at that time, you could place a pack of cigarettes on the hood of a car, and an orbiting military photo satellite could take a picture and tell you what brand it was. Not surprised what they could do now.

I can neither confirm nor deny anything about a [-]spy[/-] scientific satellite in that time frame. :LOL::LOL:

Back
Top Bottom