Netflix movie or show suggestion

Get Low (film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Get Low is a 2009 drama film directed by Aaron Schneider, written by Chris Provenzano and C. Gaby Mitchell, and starring Robert Duvall, Bill Murray, Sissy Spacek, Lucas Black, Gerald McRaney, Bill Cobbs, Arin Logan, Lori Beth Edgeman, Andrea Powell, Rebecca Grant, Scott Cooper and Chandler Riggs.

Gave it 5 stars. Duvall is one amazing actor.

Get Low (film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Get Low is a 2009 drama film directed by Aaron Schneider, written by Chris Provenzano and C. Gaby Mitchell, and starring Robert Duvall, Bill Murray, Sissy Spacek, Lucas Black, Gerald McRaney, Bill Cobbs, Arin Logan, Lori Beth Edgeman, Andrea Powell, Rebecca Grant, Scott Cooper and Chandler Riggs.

Gave it 5 stars. Duvall is one amazing actor.

+1

We enjoyed it as well.

watched this last night. It was beautifully done, and the ending actually made me cry, which movies rarely do.

I've started watching and enjoying The White Queen, available on streaming.

Docudrama focused on Elizabeth Woodville who was England's first King's consort to be made queen since 1066. She went on to become the grandmother of Henry VIII and great grandmother of Edward VI, Mary I and Elizabeth I. In fact she is the ancestor of every English monarch since Henry VIII and every Scottish monarch since James V.

History aside it is a ripping story of love, lust, politics and war set in the 15th century. (She is also the mother of the "Princes in the Tower")

I've started watching and enjoying The White Queen, available on streaming.

Docudrama focused on Elizabeth Woodville who was England's first King's consort to be made queen since 1066. She went on to become the grandmother of Henry VIII and great grandmother of Edward VI, Mary I and Elizabeth I. In fact she is the ancestor of every English monarch since Henry VIII and every Scottish monarch since James V.

History aside it is a ripping story of love, lust, politics and war set in the 15th century. (She is also the mother of the "Princes in the Tower")

Sounds right up my alley! Thanks!

I already know exactly who Elizabeth Woodville was.

Rats!! I'm watching The White Queen on Amazon Prime streaming, not Netflix. Sorry folks :facepalm:

The madness of King Alan, mutter, mutter, mutter....

watched this last night. It was beautifully done, and the ending actually made me cry, which movies rarely do.

Not finding it even using Roku's search all function- on DVD? kinda a favorite movie animator of ours....

Rats!! I'm watching The White Queen on Amazon Prime streaming, not Netflix. Sorry folks :facepalm:

The madness of King Alan, mutter, mutter, mutter....

No worries. That works for me too. But I thought I saw it listed on Netflix recently.

Then I'm sure you will enjoy it.

A couple of years ago I got about halfway through "the Kingmaker's Daughter" by Philippa Gregory, historical fiction about the life of Anne Neville, wife of Richard III. Before that the wife of Edward, the son of Henry VI. I'm sure I'll go back and finish it. Fascinating stuff.

Last edited:
A couple of years ago I got about halfway through "the Kingmaker's Daughter" by Philippa Gregory, historical fiction about the life of Anne Neville, wife of Richard III. Before that the wife of Edward, the son of Edward IV. I'm sure I'll go back and finish it. Fascinating stuff.

She certainly did a great job writing "The White Queen", I'm hard pressed not to do a marathon watching of this serialized drama of her book. I recently finished watching a drama series on Netflix of Ken Follett's book World Without End set about a hundred years earlier right after Isabella defeated and imprisoned her husband Edward II, setting her son on the English throne. (Edward III)

She certainly did a great job writing "The White Queen", I'm hard pressed not to do a marathon watching of this serialized drama of her book. I recently finished watching a drama series on Netflix of Ken Follett's book World Without End set about a hundred years earlier right after Isabella defeated and imprisoned her husband Edward II, setting her son on the English throne. (Edward III)

Oh, did Phillipa Gregory write The White Queen? Oh wow!

Should I read the book first?

We watched The Trip to Italy

Gorgeous scenery, dining to die for, thoughtfully hilarious costars. Here they are doing Batman actors:

We watched The Trip to Italy

Gorgeous scenery, dining to die for, thoughtfully hilarious costars. Here they are doing Batman actors:

Looks good, I've added it to my watch list

FWIW... A current New York Times article discusses the growing competition in the streaming industry.
Lots of information about the direction of the industry, the names and details of the new contenders,and some statistics that were surprising... ie. 40% of homes are now streaming.

Instead of posting the link, which could lead to the NYT paywall, try Googling the headline, which should lead to an approved link.

"Netflix, Amazon and Hulu No Longer Find Themselves Upstarts in Online Streaming"

We are watching Lilyhammer right now and it is awesome! Very funny show about a mobster who decides to move to Norway under the witness protection plan. Steven Van Zant (musician with the E Street band) is the main character, and as expected, the music is also great!

We are watching Lilyhammer right now and it is awesome! Very funny show about a mobster who decides to move to Norway under the witness protection plan. Steven Van Zant (musician with the E Street band) is the main character, and as expected, the music is also great!

+1. Some episodes are a tad dark humor. Van Zant also played the mobster that owned the "Bada Bing" club in the "Soprano's".;)

Back
Top Bottom