Netflix movie or show suggestion

PBS also has streaming. The only difference with them is shows are available for about a month shortly after the show has been broadcast.

Still, someone can catch up on a series that has already started as long as they do it within a few weeks.

We enjoyed Indian Summers.

There were several historical series we missed on PBS this year: Wolf Hall, Poldark. How long before shows like this become available on Netflix? Two years?

PBS also has streaming. The only difference with them is shows are available for about a month shortly after the show has been broadcast.

Still, someone can catch up on a series that has already started as long as they do it within a few weeks.

We enjoyed Indian Summers.

There were several historical series we missed on PBS this year: Wolf Hall, Poldark. How long before shows like this become available on Netflix? Two years?

I watched all three of those series and enjoyed them.

I have Amazon Prime, but in Canada that does not include video streaming.
This one is on both streaming and DVD: Muriel's Wedding
Misfit Muriel (Toni Collette) has always escaped life by listening to ABBA ditties and dreaming about marriage. When she and her flighty friend Rhoda (Rachel Griffiths) leave small-town Porpoise Spit, Australia, behind them, her fantasy starts to come to life. That comes along in the form of a hunky swimmer (Daniel Lapaine) looking for Aussie citizenship. At long last, her storybook dreams have come true, but is Muriel ready for this reality?
This is a 1994 vintage film but we enjoyed it anyway.

This one is on both streaming and DVD: Muriel's Wedding
This is a 1994 vintage film but we enjoyed it anyway.

I saw that about 20 years ago and enjoyed it, though I am not a fan of rom-com.

I am watching 'man in the castle' ESP 4, so far so good. It does bring back memory of Arpil 1975 when I lost my country.

So will there be an episode 2 of Man in the High Castle?

This is one we liked in DVD: Blue Murder
Detective Chief Inspector Janine Lewis heads up an elite squad of homicide investigators in Manchester, where she balances the perils of her job with the demands of being a single mother raising four children.
Have just watched Season 1 and there are 4 seasons. This is a British TV series that is classified as "Exciting, Gritty". Well it is fun we think, not that sure about gritty.

This is one we liked in DVD: Blue Murder

Have just watched Season 1 and there are 4 seasons. This is a British TV series that is classified as "Exciting, Gritty". Well it is fun we think, not that sure about gritty.

I also enjoyed Blue Murder and I agree that it is more funny and witty than gritty.

Mississippi Grind - Don't waste your time... It had a few interesting moments but overall not worth it.

If you are a serious gambler, you will probably be able to relate to many aspects of the movie. Very few aspects of gambling are good.....

Last edited:
Coming soon to Netflix? I just saw Time Out of Mind with Richard Gere. Interesting movie. Well done, I thought. Sets up the typical Hollywood formula path, then rejects it. Pretty Noir. Gere is a homeless guy who bops around NYC looking for freebies and his estranged daughter. Not sure why I liked it, actually. Maybe the cinematography and music. Well acted and well cast.

Coming soon to Netflix? I just saw Time Out of Mind with Richard Gere. Interesting movie. Well done, I thought. Sets up the typical Hollywood formula path, then rejects it. Pretty Noir. Gere is a homeless guy who bops around NYC looking for freebies and his estranged daughter. Not sure why I liked it, actually. Maybe the cinematography and music. Well acted and well cast.

Richard Gere. 'Nuff said.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

About a week ago, I called Netflix to let them know I did not like the latest changes to their website; specifically the "at home" list being moved from the top of the queue to the bottom of the queue. The other thing we discussed was now having no option: if you wanted to move only one disc of a series, you couldn't--all the discs of that series automatically moved as well. I liked it better when I could just move one disc in a series at a time.

Anyhow, I see that the "at home" list is back to the top of the queue and once again, I can move a disc in a series one at a time, instead of being forced to move them all.:)

We watched the first show in this streaming series: Death in Paradise
It is a light police procedural. Looking forward to more of this.

Quartet (2012) is a sweet and gently humorous British movie about a rather elegant retirement home for aging musicians. The four quartet members are Maggie Smith, Pauline Collins, Billy Connolly and Tom Courtenay, all excellent actors. Most of the minor characters are played by actual retired musicians.

Got *Lucy* from the library. It was OK. Worth watching if you can accept the sci-fi unbelievability of it all. Then got *Elysium*. Fairly interesting futuristic sci fi plot, but way too much time devoted to explosions and chase scenes.

You can watch Glen Campbell's "I'll be Me" on Netflix. It was very interesting and thought-provoking. I couldn't believe how well he could still sing and play the guitar while he could hardly remember his kids' names or what he did the day before. I really liked him as a person.

tmm, I really liked that documentary as well. The song he recorded for it was a heartbreaker. Very interesting, as I didn't know much about him. I did get the sense that there was a big gap between his current wife and children and his children from former marriages.

Got *Lucy* from the library. It was OK. Worth watching if you can accept the sci-fi unbelievability of it all. Then got *Elysium*. Fairly interesting futuristic sci fi plot, but way too much time devoted to explosions and chase scenes.

I thought both of those were really good...

Haven't watched yet, but gets very high ratings. German.

#5 Phoenix (2014): Nina Hoss, Ronald Zehrfeld, Nina Kunzendorf, Trystan Pütter, Michael Maertens #netflix tinyurl.com/pd4c852

Twinster (2015) - This is a great documentary to watch. It is about two identical twin Korean sisters who were separated at birth and put up for adoption. One was raised in France and the other in the US. They had no idea they were twins until one of their friends saw a Youtube video of the other twin and thought they looked similar.

The documentary is about their reuniting and exploring their past.

Back
Top Bottom