no more wall rotary dimmer switches for lights

Light is darker than it used to be...

You joke, but I swear I don't see as well under LEDs as I do under incandescents. There's just something missing in the spectrum. It's gotten better in the last few years, but it's still noticeable.

For our bathroom, I do have a dimmer switch, but I bought an LED bulb (for efficiency) and I just leave it on at the dimmest setting all night. That’s enough light to find what I need and not bother my eyes at night. In a dark house, a little light is more than enough.

For our bathroom, I do have a dimmer switch, but I bought an LED bulb (for efficiency) and I just leave it on at the dimmest setting all night. That’s enough light to find what I need and not bother my eyes at night. In a dark house, a little light is more than enough.

I put one of those photoelectric LED nightlights in my elderly mother's bathroom. Like you say, it was enough light to see your way around at night.

I put one of those photoelectric LED nightlights in my elderly mother's bathroom. Like you say, it was enough light to see your way around at night.
Yup we use those in the bathrooms and the hallway. They provide enough light at night and turn off during the day or when the main light is used, plus they last forever.

We have one of those in the ensuite...just enough light to see your way around but not so bright as to be a distraction. $3 at the "dollar" store.

Back
Top Bottom