Join Early Retirement Today

Old 05-10-2021, 06:45 PM   #61
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestUniversity View Post
All of our floors are either wood or tile and we have some area rugs in various places. Will one of these robots be able to navigate the rugs and the transition strips between the tile and the wood?
My inexpensive Eufy does fine going from hardwoods to my plush oriental rugs and back. The only problem is the long fringe on one rug and I have just turned that under the rug and left it like that.
harllee is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-14-2021, 03:49 PM   #62
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathy63 View Post
It seems like lots of us name our robotic helpers some variation of Rosie. Mine is Rosey after the Jetson's maid. I talk to her too, usually along the lines of "Rosey, what are you doing? You know you always get stuck under there!" Our Rosey is definitely not the smartest, but she does a very good job cleaning.
I call mine The Kraken. And yes, I push the button and I say “release the kraken!” And off it goes.

And it makes me laugh every time I do it. So in my opinion it’s well worth it.
Cerys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 03:55 PM   #63
Recycles dryer sheets

Managing "Eufy" has been more trouble than it's worth. And we still have to sweep and mop, so who am I kidding? Not a believer, sorry to all the Robo-fans
Montclairbobbyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 05:01 PM   #64
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montclairbobbyb View Post
Managing "Eufy" has been more trouble than it's worth. And we still have to sweep and mop, so who am I kidding? Not a believer, sorry to all the Robo-fans
Do you have carpets? If so do you still vacuum the carpets with a vacuum cleaner? Where I find my Eufy to be outstanding is on carpets and rugs and under things I find hard to reach like under the bed and under the coach.
Old 05-14-2021, 05:41 PM   #65
Recycles dryer sheets

Yeah, we have a few area rugs, and a white Samoyed dog who's a sweet dog, but sheds big time. No match for poor little Eufy...
Montclairbobbyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 09:11 PM   #66
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

The Eufy's are on Amazon Deal of the Day for a couple more hours. Cheapest one is the 15C at $140. Several more expensive models as well.
Another Reader is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 05:44 AM   #67

I hate vacuuming but I feel that I need to keep doing my own cleaning as much as possible to keep my body moving. We have no pets so just me and my husband in a little cottage. I also am very neat and keep the house pretty streamlined so not a lot of things around.

It's like with the golf carts. So many people here in our community have them to bring the garbage down to the dumpster or to go get their mail at the clubhouse or to visit friends here. I refuse to get one because once we do we would not be walking.

As it is we have downsized into a tiny, new construction home with a tiny lot and have a lot less to do/maintain and we get bored because we are so used to doing stuff around the house and yard!

If the time comes that we we can no longer walk or clean the house- then we will reconsider options like the golf cart or robo vacuum. We do have one 81 year old here who walks everywhere and even rides a bike like for 25 miles. No golf cart for him.
meleana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 06:17 AM   #68
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by meleana View Post
I hate vacuuming but I feel that I need to keep doing my own cleaning as much as possible to keep my body moving. We have no pets so just me and my husband in a little cottage. I also am very neat and keep the house pretty streamlined so not a lot of things around.

It's like with the golf carts. So many people here in our community have them to bring the garbage down to the dumpster or to go get their mail at the clubhouse or to visit friends here. I refuse to get one because once we do we would not be walking.

As it is we have downsized into a tiny, new construction home with a tiny lot and have a lot less to do/maintain and we get bored because we are so used to doing stuff around the house and yard!

If the time comes that we we can no longer walk or clean the house- then we will reconsider options like the golf cart or robo vacuum. We do have one 81 year old here who walks everywhere and even rides a bike like for 25 miles. No golf cart for him.
I am having back issues. I still walk, ride my bike and do yoga almost every day but I just cannot do the being and twisting necessary to vacuum, especially to get under the coach and beds. So for me my Rosie Robotvac has been a real help.
Old 05-15-2021, 02:07 PM   #69
Dryer sheet wannabe

my DW named ours Mr Magoo. he bumps into a few things making his rounds.
Old 05-16-2021, 06:11 AM   #70
Confused about dryer sheets

We call ours “Hazel”

This little thing is simply amazing. We thought that our house was pretty clean, well after a week of her doing her thing, it was obvious we had missed a lot of dirt/dust.
The problem is we have to constantly empty her!!! Well, I suppose that is not to bad since she is doing most of the work. Yes, she get stuck under the chair or couch now and then, and yes she hangs up and the rug/register vent once in a while, but overall, we love her to pieces and may even get another one for the up stairs so I don’t have to carry her up there. These things are worth every penny.
Mike.Va is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 06:08 PM   #71

My cat is not alarmed by my robot vac unless it goes near his food dish. He does not want to share!
badatmath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 06:53 PM   #72
Give me a forum ...

We took off and forgot to pause Rosie while we've been gone.

She's hung up under a chair and she has emailed us saying her bin is full.

Poor thing's battery has now run down. Momma will be home in 2 days to rescue her gal.
Bamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 05:24 PM   #73

Picked up a Roborock S5 Max recently and really like it, use it on mostly wood and tile floors. Only got stuck once (loose cable) so far, schedule it to run while I'm out of the house golfing, no problem going over floor thresholds. It also has a mop feature that I use occasionally, not the main reason why I got it but seems to work ok. Won't remove heavy spots on floor but looking at the mop pad after it's done it's definitely picking up grime off the floor.
zinger1457 is offline   Reply With Quote