Starting Search and DD for a 70" 4k, True 120hz TV - Any Recommendations

I'm betting you'll love it. I'm curious what mount did you use, I'm look at them now to wall mount my set.

My Mount is way overkill. It could hold a [-]tank[/-] Big 80" plasma if they were still available. I just got one from eBay about 10 years ago and am using the same thing.

Here is a link to an example, mine is older and a little more solid, I just ordered the one for the biggest TV at the time..

Not expensive at all, not like $150 at Best Buy, and do the job well.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Full-Motio...hash=item2a878ae867:m:myYyJeeUHKtQNlVad8-AJ-g

Last edited:
All done! Just put the "Old" TV back while we wait for the Post Virus Sales... :)

Attachments

• IMG_9537.jpg
    IMG_9537.jpg
    527.1 KB · Views: 24
You will probably find some good deals soon. If not in the store....online.
Assuming the source of the TVs will have them available for shipping any time soon. We may be looking at low inventory of electronics items for a while.

I don't like higher up TV's either. I want the middle of the screen at eye level when sitting down. If I was to move and the only location for a TV in a house we were looking at was above a fireplace that would be a deal breaker.

Agree - above-the-mantle tv mounts are usually not ideal. The only exception is if you have recliners (for all viewers) that can give you a direct angle without any neck strain. That's why I prefer an eye level screen or even a tiny bit below.

Incidentally, that's how your computer monitors should also be set up according to ergonomic standards.

Agree - above-the-mantle tv mounts are usually not ideal. The only exception is if you have recliners (for all viewers) that can give you a direct angle without any neck strain. That's why I prefer an eye level screen or even a tiny bit below.

Incidentally, that's how your computer monitors should also be set up according to ergonomic standards.

I use my TV as the computer monitor so it's also at a good height.

I also agree. I had a Samsung 55 inch LED over my fireplace and it was just OK but it was 30 inches higher than eye level. I replaced it with a 82 inch Samsung QN82Q80R QLED TV and relocated it at precisely at eye level on another wall. This made a HUGE difference with my eyes looking level and not slightly up. I liked OLED TVs but a 77 inch OLED cost about $5000 and was smaller that my $3200 82 inch QLED. Black levels and contrast levels for the OLED were only slightly better than my Q80 QLED but my larger size, brighter picture and lower price won me over.

My only issue is that my 82 inch TV is so wide that I did not have space for my high end Polk Lsim703 speakers to be located on each side. I solved that problem by placing them below the TV but angled the speakers up toward my ears. With the TV at eye level and speakers pointing toward my ears, I am in pure entertainment narvana.

I ordered my LGOLED65C9PUA from Costco On Line today, $100 Rebate, 2% Back and 4 Years Warranty. It gets delivered Next Thursday.

AND ......…. we have not even got our stimulus payment yet, all we get is "Status Unavailable" when we look on the "Get My Payment" Web site

All Done at Last!

One last Heave Ho for me and DW, and it is in!

Attachments

• IMG_9568 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_9568 (Medium).JPG
    84.9 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_9573 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_9573 (Medium).JPG
    91 KB · Views: 13
Back
Top Bottom