Join Early Retirement Today

Using a Universal Remote with an LG OLED65C9PUA or ???
Old 03-22-2020, 01:34 PM   #1
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Using a Universal Remote with an LG OLED65C9PUA or ???

We exclusively use URC Remote control units, I have about 10 of the things. I noticed tat the TV I want to get LG OLED65C9PUA uses something called a Magic Remote. I want to use my URC Remotes with Standard IR but cannot find any onformation.

My remote says in the software for programming it that it supports ythe OLED65B8 aso I am sure it is the same as the C9.

I gues the main question is does the C9 have a IR sensor or IR Input jack?
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-23-2020, 09:25 AM   #2
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I have an older LG OLED model and yes it does have an IR sensor, bottom center. It was a little bit of a problem when I had the TV on the provided stand and a soundbar in front of it, the soundbar would partially block the IR sensor. Moved the TV to a wall mount so not an issue now. I use a Harmony universal remote and it works fine with the TV.
zinger1457 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 01:05 PM   #3
Recycles dryer sheets

I have the 2018 version of the tv and use Harmony remotes without any problem. The picture on these OLED tvís is addicting. ENJOY!
Old 03-28-2020, 01:37 PM   #4
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdL3 View Post
I have the 2018 version of the tv and use Harmony remotes without any problem. The picture on these OLED tvís is addicting. ENJOY!
Where is the IR Sensor on the TV? Is it obvious? They also come with their Magic Remote" which appears to be RF. I am not sure though.
Old 05-18-2020, 01:34 PM   #5
Recycles dryer sheets

I donít know where the infra-red is on the screen, we just point the Harmony One at the creek and it works.

EdL3
Old 05-19-2020, 12:01 PM   #6
Give me a forum ...

Not that related to the original post, but my goal today is to transfer the codes from my crappy media player's remote to my old time clunky but effective Marantz learning remote.

Kind of a tedious process, but I will thank myself when all done.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg remotes.JPG (397.9 KB, 3 views)
Old 05-19-2020, 12:51 PM   #7
Give me a forum ...

Way easier to do with software and MX-880 style remote from URC. I gave up using that one you have probably 15 to 20 years ago, you really need to upgrade.

PS, I had no issues setting up our new LG OLED TV to our URC remotes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg #Delete.JPG (19.5 KB, 22 views)