What new series are you watching? *No Spoilers, Please*

Sounds interesting, but I don't have Apple TV. I might have to drop something (Netflix) and add that in. I've been wanting to watch Ted Lasso. I've seen everything on Netflix, plus they've pissed me off with their new password sharing rules.

Apple TV has good content. .

Agree. We've obtained free 3 month trials of AppleTV twice now (I forget how the first time, the second time was when we bought a Roku Fire Stick). I am so happy with the content thus far! In addition to Acapulco, we loved Pachinko and Ted Lasso. We also enjoyed Shrinking, Slow Horses, Severance, Dear Edward, Prehistoric Planet, and The Last Thing He Told Me.

Finishing up 1st season of House of the Dragon.
Interesting storyline describing the early descendents of House Targaryen.
I will recommend though slow moving at times, but it kept me interested in the details.
Hope there will be a season 2.

Really enjoying PBS series, Seaside Hotel. Nine seasons spanning 1930’s through WW 2. Danish series, subtitled in English. Am learning a lot about Denmark’s WW2 history. Led me to reading up on it to learn more.

Interesting characters, multiple story threads, beautiful scenery.

Agree. We've obtained free 3 month trials of AppleTV twice now (I forget how the first time, the second time was when we bought a Roku Fire Stick). I am so happy with the content thus far! In addition to Acapulco, we loved Pachinko and Ted Lasso. We also enjoyed Shrinking, Slow Horses, Severance, Dear Edward, Prehistoric Planet, and The Last Thing He Told Me.

Also if you have a nice TV such as OLED, all of the shows and movies are in 4K with Dolby Vision.

Also if you have a nice TV such as OLED, all of the shows and movies are in 4K with Dolby Vision.

Yes, indeed we do have nice new TV, and with our new internet service we finally can enjoy the incredible picture! (Our old cable service was somehow limiting our tv picture quality.)

Really enjoying PBS series, Seaside Hotel. Nine seasons spanning 1930’s through WW 2. Danish series, subtitled in English. Am learning a lot about Denmark’s WW2 history. Led me to reading up on it to learn more.

Interesting characters, multiple story threads, beautiful scenery.

This sounds like one we would love, as we really enjoy historical fiction. Adding it to our PBS Passport "watchlist". Thanks!

Just finished White House Plumbers on Prime. Woody Harrelson plays Watergate break in participant E. Howard Hunt but Justin Theroux steals the show as G. Gordon Liddy. Spoiler alert: Everyone goes to prison.

I’ve been watching Recipes for Love and Murder which another person recommended a few weeks back. So far I am enjoying it very much. It takes place in a small town in South Africa. How refreshing it is to not be the typical American or British murder mystery. The towns people remind of the town folk in Doc Martin. That is they are a quirky, eccentric and everybody is a bit off from normal. I am about 1/3 the way through it and the mystery is still developing.

The show is probably on Acorn. I ordered the DVD disks from my local public library.

Watching Season 2 of Almost Paradise, we find it entertaining, not at the same level as Magnum PI (2018) but just as entertaining.

Watching Gotham Knights, a little "Teenie" but for those DC Comic fans, it is quite watchable. Basically a story about Batman's adopted son.

Last of Us -
This TV episode has my full attention as I am in the middle of season 1 and recommend it on HBO.
It is an emotional storytelling and the unforgettable characters will keep you looking for more.

Just started Foundation on Apple TV. Three episode into season One and I am not impressed. They have really gutted the story to the point I find myself doubting my own memory. I hope Season 2 is better.

Has anybody seen Dark Winds? I would enjoy seeing Jimmy Chee, Joe Leaphorn and Officer Manuelito brought to the screen if it’s true to the books.

Has anybody seen Dark Winds? I would enjoy seeing Jimmy Chee, Joe Leaphorn and Officer Manuelito brought to the screen if it’s true to the books.

I've seen it. I hadn't realized it was based on the Hillerman book but got a clue really quickly. Not sure how closely it adheres to the book in little details since I read the book so many years ago - but the characters remain true to how he wrote them.

We recently finished Season 1 of Silo on AppleTV and really enjoyed it. I wasn't so sure about it at first, but we became hooked in really quickly. Looking forward to Season 2 when it is out.

Just started Foundation on Apple TV. Three episode into season One and I am not impressed. They have really gutted the story to the point I find myself doubting my own memory. I hope Season 2 is better.

Glad it wasn't just me. I read the books about 30 years ago and also doubted my memory after struggling through the Apple TV series. I think the name Foundation was the same.

Back
Top Bottom