Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

Old 01-31-2018, 04:45 AM   #61
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom56 View Post
Black Mirror on Netflix - By far one of the best series on TV. It streams in 4K HDR which is also a plus.
Different strokes, I guess. I hated Black Mirror. I only watched about 3 episodes, but that one about the PM having to screw a pig to release hostages was just stupid. The others I saw all had "messages" or comment on current behavior but they were as subtle as getting hit by a bus.
garyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-31-2018, 07:02 AM   #62
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Some recommendations for Homeland. Can’t seem to find it on Netflix or Amazon Prime. Where do I find it? Thanks.
Old 01-31-2018, 07:15 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuirWannabe View Post
Some recommendations for Homeland. Can’t seem to find it on Netflix or Amazon Prime. Where do I find it? Thanks.
Seasons 1-5 are now on Hulu. For any newer episodes you need Showtime.
Very good series.
Old 01-31-2018, 07:28 AM   #64

I just started 'Justified' yesterday - so far so good. If you like Western movie, you like this 'modern day western' :-)
neihn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 07:29 AM   #65

It occurred to me binge watching involves hours of sitting on tush. I can easily watch 4 episodes, this sitting is equal to 8-noon at a desk job. Thinking about getting a treadmill in front of the TV. Anyone else thought of this?

Ralph Waldo Emerson
Rianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 07:33 AM   #66
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuirWannabe View Post
It's on Netflix. I've just checked...? Sorry, I was checking the Canada Netfilx.

Here's a website you can see who is streaming what shows. I'm sure there are other websites that do the same thing, but this came up on top. This website shows the only sites that are streaming Homeland in the US for free are SHO and Hulu (Free if you subscribe to these services.)

https://www.justwatch.com/us

The first season was the best of the best.
tmm99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 07:44 AM   #67

Not on Netflix streaming, only on their DVDs. I just checked also
Old 01-31-2018, 08:02 AM   #68
Give me a forum ...

Send a message via Skype™ to kcowan
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyt View Post
I love Ray Donovan. Great acting, John Voight is terrific. There's some things I'm not crazy about. Why does every show have a "troubled teen" angle? But all in all a great show and not boring at all, imo.
I just started season 3. Some episodes are better than others. But I agree that Voight really does a good job. Kind of a California-based Supranos!
Old 01-31-2018, 11:04 AM   #69
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot2013 View Post
Going through season 2 of Justified. Pretty good show.

No, Great show.
Hamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 06:13 PM   #70

OMG!!! This looks INCREDIBLE!

https://youtu.be/dhFM8akm9a4
Old 02-01-2018, 06:36 PM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIREmenow View Post

Looks way cool and it starts tomorrow!
Old 02-01-2018, 07:52 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIREmenow View Post

Thanks, that looks great.

We recently finished Black Mirror on Netflix. It has some really great episodes and some so so ones.

We are currently loving Vikings streamed on Amazon Prime. I watched the first two seasons a year or two ago, and finally convinced DW to watch after GOT and Black Mirror.

"All models are wrong, some are useful." - George Box
There is always a well-known solution to every human problem: neat, plausible, and wrong.” - H.L. Mencken
USGrant1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 08:02 PM   #73
Give me a forum ...

Just watched the last episode of Godless on Netflix. Great ending and very good series.
Old 02-01-2018, 08:23 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rianne View Post
... Thinking about getting a treadmill in front of the TV. Anyone else thought of this?
Not only did I have the thought but, have been doing it for years. Got to watch a bunch of good Netflix shows both on disc and streaming--including Justified. I've been injured for the last few months so no treadmill for me. I miss it--but couldn't do the treadmill without Netflix.
Old 02-01-2018, 09:23 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rianne View Post
It occurred to me binge watching involves hours of sitting on tush. I can easily watch 4 episodes, this sitting is equal to 8-noon at a desk job. Thinking about getting a treadmill in front of the TV. Anyone else thought of this?
I have a small TV set up in front of my treadmill. That’s about the only place I watch TV.
Old 02-01-2018, 10:57 PM   #76
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by REWahoo View Post
Vikings on the History Channel. https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/vikings_2013
So how come these waves of blond-haired blue-eyed people kept invading the rest of Europe? There were plenty of tribes from Scandinavia that spread out across Europe well before the Viking age of 700-1100AD. Like the Vandals who moved out in 2nd century BC, ended up sacking Rome, and spreading out to invade Spain and even take North Africa by the early 400s. And you have the Angles, Jutes and Saxons invading England shortly after 400 AD before being in turn invaded by “the Danes” - Vikings around 700 AD.

You might enjoy “The Last Kingdom” which covers the Danes versus the various Saxon kingdoms early in the conflict. It’s been on Netflix.
Old 02-01-2018, 11:38 PM   #77
Recycles dryer sheets

I'm surprise no one mentioned Mindhunters on Netflix. I binge watched the first season I liked it so much. It's about how the FBI began using profiling to solve murders.

Agree that Altered Carbon looks like it will be good.
LauAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 03:42 AM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmm99 View Post
It's on Netflix. I've just checked...? Sorry, I was checking the Canada Netfilx.

Here's a website you can see who is streaming what shows. I'm sure there are other websites that do the same thing, but this came up on top. This website shows the only sites that are streaming Homeland in the US for free are SHO and Hulu (Free if you subscribe to these services.)

https://www.justwatch.com/us

The first season was the best of the best.
Yea, Homeland got a little silly after awhile, as they all do. A show starts off kind of reality based, then as seasons go on things get more and more unreasonable.
garyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 10:11 AM   #79
Recycles dryer sheets

Loved many of the shows listed so far. I'd add "Doc Martin" to the list of favorites. You can't help but love the characters! It's almost like comfort food to the brain.
DAYDREAMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 10:23 AM   #80

Another vote for Justified. Very good. And just watched the first 3 episodes of Ozark. Loved it. The first episode will stress you out but keep you glued to your seat, assuming you don't mind a bit of violence and rough language.
Carpediem is offline   Reply With Quote