Join Early Retirement Today

Old 05-21-2020, 11:43 AM   #1321
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelB View Post
We just finished “Beforeigners” on HBO. It’s a Norwegian production with English subtitles, takes place in Oslo, when people from the past suddenly begin appearing, in substantial numbers. The name means “foreigners from before”. It’s not sci-fi but drama with a novel approach. Season 1 was 6 one hour episodes, and it was entertaining.
Do you mean "dead" people? Or ghosts from the past?

Ralph Waldo Emerson
Rianne is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-21-2020, 11:51 AM   #1322
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rianne View Post
Do you mean "dead" people? Or ghosts from the past?
People, alive in the past, suddenly appearing in the present. Some type of unexplained time portal. They lived primarily in three ages, Stone Age, Viking, and
Victoria, offering a nice contrast.

The show is not about time travel and makes no attempt to the explain the phenomenon. It is more a police drama with multiple storylines, one being the cultural and social shock.
MichaelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 11:58 AM   #1323
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Quote:
People, alive in the past, suddenly appearing in the present.
Phffft. That's happened several times on this forum...
Old 05-21-2020, 12:03 PM   #1324

Quote:
People, alive in the past, suddenly appearing in the present. Some type of unexplained time portal. They lived primarily in three ages, Stone Age, Viking, and
Victoria, offering a nice contrast.

The show is not about time travel and makes no attempt to the explain the phenomenon. It is more a police drama with multiple storylines, one being the cultural and social shock.
Oh, a bit like Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure. Kidding. I'll tune in, I like that kind of story line.

Ralph Waldo Emerson
Old 05-21-2020, 02:32 PM   #1325

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset View Post
You might want to log in and check your account.
CBS has a habit of removing your second free month, and reportedly even charging your CC a few days before the billing date they list on free trials.

I checked my and sure enough, they removed the 2nd free month, so I have to binge watch big time
They lied.

They removed the 2nd month on me. My credit card was charged $10.71 on May 6.
sengsational is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 01:25 PM   #1326

Quote:
We just finished “Beforeigners” on HBO. It’s a Norwegian production with English subtitles, takes place in Oslo, when people from the past suddenly begin appearing, in substantial numbers. The name means “foreigners from before”. It’s not sci-fi but drama with a novel approach. Season 1 was 6 one hour episodes, and it was entertaining.
Sounds interesting.

Along these same lines, there was a show on ABC a couple of years ago called "The Crossing" where about a hundred people washed up on shore near a small town in Oregon, some of them dead, some alive. The government put the survivors in a campground for observation and it turns out they are from 180 years in the future.

Started strong and lost some steam, but it kept me intrigued so I watched the whole thing.

Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Qs Laptop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 01:47 PM   #1327
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qs Laptop View Post
Sounds interesting.

Along these same lines, there was a show on ABC a couple of years ago called "The Crossing" where about a hundred people washed up on shore near a small town in Oregon, some of them dead, some alive. The government put the survivors in a campground for observation and it turns out they are from 180 years in the future.

Started strong and lost some steam, but it kept me intrigued so I watched the whole thing.
Thanks, I’ll keep that show on my prospect list.

― Rudiger Dornbusch
MichaelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 02:26 PM   #1328
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Just finished season 5 of Outlander on Starz. Really enjoyed the series. Suppose to be a 6th season but who knows when they or anything series can start filming again.....
Old 05-22-2020, 02:56 PM   #1329

thru the first four episodes of The Plot Against America on HBO.
Dispatcher, then shift supv, then administrator for a regional 9-1-1 call center
rk911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 06:39 PM   #1330
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by folivier View Post
Started watching Hart of Dixie on netflix. Kinda silly but fun to watch. Helps to be from the south.
Yeah, that was a show that should have never been canceled.
RonBoyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 06:40 PM   #1331
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by REWahoo View Post
Phffft. That's happened several times on this forum...
RonBoyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 06:46 PM   #1332
Dryer sheet wannabe

I had a 2 month trial with CBS and had the same issue ... they charged my card a few days before one month was over. If you call them and tell them that this is an error, they will refund the charge. I did that and got a 10.81 refund.
fromtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 07:03 PM   #1333
Give me a forum ...

I am enjoying "The Last Dance" documentary on Michael Jordan and the Chicago Bulls. I did not watch it when broadcast, but waited until all episodes were available to stream before I started. I enjoy how they have edited it, going not purely linear, and the interviews/commentary by participants that span 35+ years. Youngest DS, for whom Kobe Bryant and LeBron James are more current memories, is fascinated by seeing how good Jordan was during those years.
Old 05-23-2020, 05:41 PM   #1334

Quote:
Originally Posted by fromtx View Post
I had a 2 month trial with CBS and had the same issue ... they charged my card a few days before one month was over. If you call them and tell them that this is an error, they will refund the charge. I did that and got a 10.81 refund.
It cost me 7 1/2 minutes, but I was waiting for a zoom meeting to start, so no big deal.

The rep said "our system didn't accept the additional 30 day promo code" (that I typed into the account field after signing up).

But the rep agreed to the refund "as a one-time courtesy".

Then, by alluding to the fact that "so many of you guys" run into this, she basically admitted that this is pretty much how it's designed to work. In other words, they designed it so you think you get 60 and you really get 30. Makes me really want to do more business with them
sengsational is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 06:36 PM   #1335
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jollystomper View Post
I am enjoying "The Last Dance" documentary on Michael Jordan and the Chicago Bulls. I did not watch it when broadcast, but waited until all episodes were available to stream before I started. I enjoy how they have edited it, going not purely linear, and the interviews/commentary by participants that span 35+ years. Youngest DS, for whom Kobe Bryant and LeBron James are more current memories, is fascinated by seeing how good Jordan was during those years.
I love it too. Am all caught up except for Episode 10. Only thing I don't like is the skipping around, but everything else is great. Jordan was a self-driven, take-no-prisoners beast. I gotta admire that, even if he left some relationship carnage in his wake.
Trooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 08:38 PM   #1336
Give me a forum ...

Sunday ESPN will do a two-part 4 hour documentary on Lance Armstrong.

Sounds like he will try to tell his side of the doping.
explanade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 08:47 PM   #1337

Quote:
Originally Posted by explanade View Post
Sunday ESPN will do a two-part 4 hour documentary on Lance Armstrong.

Sounds like he will try to tell his side of the doping.
i’ll sum it up...not his fault. pass.
rk911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 08:29 AM   #1338

Medici on Netflix. We started with Season 1 back in 2017. Just found season 2 and 3. It's quite impressive to see how the Vatican literally ruled half the world in the 14-1500's. I realize how grateful I am for the Medici influence and what it took to manipulate power, money, religion to make the world a better place centuries into the future.

Ralph Waldo Emerson
Old 05-25-2020, 08:16 AM   #1339
Full time employment: Posting here.

DW pulled me into Dead To Me on Netflix. Dark comedy about two grieving women who meet up under strange circumstances. Season 1 kept my attention; starting Season 2 now. Filled a void after Ozark.
Trooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 08:57 AM   #1340
Recycles dryer sheets

Really enjoying The Good Fight, Bosch and All Rise. All LA based.
Sanstar is offline   Reply With Quote