Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

Old 09-17-2021, 08:11 AM   #2821
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonBoyd View Post
I was wrong. <blush> I don't pay for it directly because:

Where can I watch Paramount Network?
You can watch Paramount Network through any of the following streaming services: Philo, Hulu Live TV, Sling TV, fuboTV, YouTube TV, Vidgo, and DIRECTV Stream. These streaming services allow you to watch Paramount Network on streaming devices, mobile devices, and online just as if you had cable.

I subscribe to three of them.
Not sure if this is close to the same thing as I do not follow the network, but there is a paramount + picks on Pluto TV that is available for free streaming.

The first rule of compounding: Never interupt it unnecessarily. Charlie Munger
UnrealizedPotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-17-2021, 08:32 AM   #2822
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

We recently subscribed to Apple+TV streaming using our Firestick.... $5/month.

DW and I are enjoying For All Mankind. She goes to bed and them I am hooked on Ted Lasso.... the fact that Rebecca is hot doesn't hurt either.

Retired Jan 2012 at age 56
pb4uski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 07:42 AM   #2823
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by friar1610 View Post
“Guilt” on Masterpiece Mystery. Four episodes (45 or so min each) that were broadcast 2 at a time on live TV (so 2 hour-and-a-half segments). Two brothers driving home from a boozy wedding hit and kill an old man and attempt to cover it up. Many twists and turns follow. Set in Scotland so some may prefer subtitles until they get used to the burr. Grade of A- (I.e. 4 1/2 stars) from me.
Thanks for this suggestion. Watched the first episode and loved it. Great dialogue, made me laugh. Looking forward to the rest of the episodes.
SecretlyFI is offline   Reply With Quote
New to me
Old 09-20-2021, 03:21 PM   #2824
Full time employment: Posting here.

New to me

MR IN BETWEEN

3 seasons--
I am on season 2

On HULU

An Australian hitman navigates the life between his work and his family/private life--
sort of like The Sopranos, but following the life of one of the button men instead of the boss.
Each episode generally less than 30 minutes also makes it fly by...
WARNING- VIOLENT
urn2bfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 03:26 PM   #2825

I had literally never heard of HACKS before the Emmy awards last night. It cleaned up in its category including best writer and now its on my short list to start watching.

For once, I was happy to see many winners in shows I've watched and enjoyed including Queens Gambit, Ted Lasso and The Crown, which has to be one of the best shows on TV...entertaining and historically so enlightening.
Luvtoride is offline   Reply With Quote
Blue Bloods
Old 09-20-2021, 04:14 PM   #2826
Full time employment: Posting here.

Blue Bloods

We always bypassed Blue Bloods in the past.

Now hooked. With over a decade of episodes, hope it will see us out of the pandemic ; - )
Kroeran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 07:57 PM   #2827
Give me a forum ...

^^^ One of my favorites.

Old 09-20-2021, 08:29 PM   #2828

Watching Squid Game on Netflix.

It's definitely unique. I like it but Harlee wouldn't.
Mr. Tightwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 08:40 PM   #2829

Quote:
Originally Posted by harllee
I am watching for All Mankind on Apple plus and really enjoying it. It is TV series about astronauts and a fictionalized space race with the Russians. It does it a very good job of developing the characters of the astronauts and their families. I have finished the first season and am starting the second season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koogie View Post
The second season is... different. To the point where I didn't bother finishing it.

Be interested on your take.

I've watched through season 1, episode 7. I'm kind of disappointed. Gone are the thrilling, nail biting space missions and coverage of astronauts in training. The show has now turned into a soap opera with an overt political slant to it. I do not welcome this development.

Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Qs Laptop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 01:20 AM   #2830

I’ve been watching Ted Lasso and I love it. I tried to get my husband to watch and he hated it. He couldn’t even get through the first episode.

All the British shows like Line of Duty, Vera, Shetland, Law and Order UK, and George Gently we watch.
Ally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 01:51 AM   #2831

Endeavour, on Amazon Prime.

Friends have been recommending it to me for some time, but I was never interested.

I really enjoyed the original Inspector Morse series many, many years ago, and in more recent years I enjoyed the Inspector Lewis series. I just never thought a "prequel" to Inspector Morse would live up to the same standards. To be honest, I've never been a fan of "prequels" of any kind.

I was so wrong! I watched the pilot for Endeavour last night, and it blew me away.
Old 09-21-2021, 10:23 AM   #2832

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qs Laptop View Post
I've watched through season 1, episode 7. I'm kind of disappointed. Gone are the thrilling, nail biting space missions and coverage of astronauts in training. The show has now turned into a soap opera with an overt political slant to it. I do not welcome this development.
More or less what I was getting at. It gets worse in Season 2.

There are still some very thrilling scenes in Season 2 but they get far fewer and far more spread out. Disappointing for something with so much promise and such obvious care put in to its making (from a technical point of view).
Old 09-21-2021, 10:37 AM   #2833
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico View Post
Endeavour, on Amazon Prime.

Friends have been recommending it to me for some time, but I was never interested.

I really enjoyed the original Inspector Morse series many, many years ago, and in more recent years I enjoyed the Inspector Lewis series. I just never thought a "prequel" to Inspector Morse would live up to the same standards. To be honest, I've never been a fan of "prequels" of any kind.

I was so wrong! I watched the pilot for Endeavour last night, and it blew me away.
I think this prequel series is so intriguing as it gradually sets up the back story for why curmudgeonly confirmed bachelor Morse was the way he was as he solves crimes as the smartest man in the room.

PS If Shaun Evans and Freddie Highmore ever appear together in a BBC series, my heart will explode from joy.
Old 09-21-2021, 10:38 AM   #2834
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by harllee View Post
I am watching for All Mankind on Apple plus and really enjoying it. It is TV series about astronauts and a fictionalized space race with the Russians. It does it a very good job of developing the characters of the astronauts and their families. I have finished the first season and am starting the second season.
Highly recommended!

We are waiting for the next season.
Kabowest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 10:48 AM   #2835
Give me a forum ...

I started watching Endeavour, but it had a very old drama feel to it (because it is!) (the way music and camera angles used, sharpness of the screen, dialogue spacing, etc - all of which bug me), and I stopped, but maybe I should go back.
tmm99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 10:59 AM   #2836
Give me a forum ...

Binging Series 2 and 3 of Magnum (2019). Good as a break from the serious stuff. We enjoy it.
Old 09-21-2021, 02:25 PM   #2837

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bestwifeever View Post
I think this prequel series is so intriguing as it gradually sets up the back story for why curmudgeonly confirmed bachelor Morse was the way he was as he solves crimes as the smartest man in the room.

PS If Shaun Evans and Freddie Highmore ever appear together in a BBC series, my heart will explode from joy.
I agree about the back story - it's very interesting.

I can't argue with your second statement!
Old 09-21-2021, 02:34 PM   #2838
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by urn2bfree View Post
MR IN BETWEEN

3 seasons--
I am on season 2

On HULU

We finished it up and are hoping for another season. It's quirky and different with intriguing stories.
Pointby2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 02:40 PM   #2839
Recycles dryer sheets

We're watching the new season of SEX EDUCATION on Netflix. Great cast with Emma Mackey (who reminds everyone of Margo Robbie), Aimee Lou Wood and Gillian Anderson.

A teenage boy with a sex therapist mother teams up with a high school classmate to set up an underground sex therapy clinic at a British High School.
Pointby2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 03:51 PM   #2840
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qs Laptop View Post
I have watched through season 1, episode 8.... while it is different and less thrilling... I don't see it as an "overt political slant"... and certainly not enough to object to.

What is ironic is that I think you are referring to the FBI investigation... and who was the head of the FBI at the time? Strange, eh?