Join Early Retirement Today

Old 07-24-2018, 04:18 PM   #81
Recycles dryer sheets

I wear a Pebble Time Steel with a watchface that shows the day of the week in BOLD letters. I always seem to forget what day of the week it is
COHgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-24-2018, 04:27 PM   #82
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by COHgirl View Post
I always seem to forget what day of the week it is
The only thing I know for sure is that it's 1968.

The Winter's Tale, William Shakespeare
Nemo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 05:26 PM   #83
Dryer sheet wannabe

I’ve always worn a watch. Although I’m retired, time management is still important to me so having a watch is an absolute necessity; and I don’t always carry my cellphone with me.

I sometimes think I’m a dinosaur with my preference for analog watches. At my local public swimming pool, they’ve always had four big analog wall clocks. Last week, they replaced them all with digital clocks. I asked why and the pool manager said that the school kids who use the pool complained that they didn’t know how to read the analog clocks so they didn’t know when it was time to leave.
SojoMojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Selling well
Old 07-24-2018, 06:42 PM   #84
Confused about dryer sheets

Selling well

I work as a merchandiser at my local Target and i can say that watches sell. We carry Timex type watches that range from $19.99 to $42.99 and they all move.
Scott_Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 08:28 PM   #85
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by street View Post
The thread about who wears a wedding ring got me wanting to ask about wearing a watch.

I never have wore a watch in my life either. Not that I didn't need to know the time for schedules and all that but seems like vehicles, phones and every place you go has a clock or time shown some place. I never needed one and I sure don't now while not working any more.

I have had some time pieces but I disliked them hanging on the wrist.
I wouldn't be without mine. I like digital. My wife prefers a face.
morriss003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 08:43 PM   #86
Recycles dryer sheets

I horse-traded computer consulting work for a pair of 18K Rolex President watches about 30 years ago, & shocked the hell out of my wife for her birthday! We both still wear them, along with our wedding bands.

Sad thing is that when I asked our son if he'd like it when I'm dead & gone, he said that he depends on his phone, & would never wear it. So he said to just sell it, & go on another cruise. That's what I plan to do!
catii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 09:24 PM   #87
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bestwifeever View Post
Me too re never wearing watches, but I didn't get an Apple watch until this spring, to replace a fitbit that did not show the time. I am shocked at how much I love it (pale gray band, the smaller case)
Same here - so incredibly useful!
Old 07-25-2018, 02:12 AM   #88
Give me a forum ...

Haven’t worn a watch in years. I usually have my smartphone with me, and there are clocks almost everywhere I go. When I don’t have my phone and there are no clocks around, I’m probably somewhere where exactly what time it is isn’t important...

Target AA: 50% equity funds / 45% bonds / 5% cash
Target WR: Approx 1.5% Approx 20% SI (secure income, SS only)
Midpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 03:00 AM   #89
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I just duct-tape my microwave oven to my wrist, as it has a clock on it. As does my TV, my car, my phone, my refrigerator, and just about everything else I own.
HadEnuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 05:10 AM   #90
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by COHgirl View Post
I wear a Pebble Time Steel with a watchface that shows the day of the week in BOLD letters. I always seem to forget what day of the week it is
Maybe that's what I need! The other day, I wondered why both cars of our neighbor were gone since they have 2 small kids and , I assume, they would travel as a unit during the weekend. I also wondered why our newspaper hadn't been delivered yet......only take the Sunday paper.

Finally as I was about to call the newspaper at 9AM and chew them out,
I solved the mystery. .......the 2 cars were gone because both of the neighbors had gone to work..........and the newspaper wasn't here because it wasn't Sunday.

If I have a busy wk w/ appointments, it's usually ok since there are reference pts like yesterday or tomorrow. In an empty week,the old brain loses sight sometimes...............and the simple watch w/o day of wk doesn't cut it.
kaneohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 06:30 AM   #91
Recycles dryer sheets

I do. A 1969 Omega Seamaster Automatic in stainless steel, on a black leather strap.
Old 07-26-2018, 05:36 PM   #92
Give me a forum ...

Always wear a watch. I buy the cheapest one I can find. $8 to $12 max. The battery lasts 1 to 2 years and then I pitch and buy another. Feel naked without one. YMMV

Anything which can be used can be misused. Anything which can be misused will be.
Koolau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 05:54 PM   #93
Recycles dryer sheets

It's difficult enough to lug a cell phone around... I haven't worn a watch since grade school.
“It's a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you're ready. I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything. There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now. And you may as well do it now. Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.” - Hugh Laurie
mistermike40 is offline   Reply With Quote