WiFi router range extenders , recommendations ?

I'll let you if this resolves it in a couple days.

The access point arrived late yesterday afternoon. I had it installed before dinner. Needed to make a few tweaks to the set up after dinner and now it’s working fairly well.

DS reports speed test results of 65+Mbps and 50+Mbps for his phone and laptop, respectively. This compares to <5Mbps before. The RSSI is now -40 dBm, was -82 dBm.

He said he had a late zoom thing with a bunch of friends last night and it worked flawlessly.

... DS reports speed test results of 65+Mbps and 50+Mbps for his phone and laptop, respectively. This compares to <5Mbps before.
Nice. Try the same tests with the laptop physically very near the router and with the laptop connected with a cable. Also try wired connection using the fastest computer you have, which should read pretty close to the speed you are paying for. Those three numbers will tell you whether the WiFi is limiting speed, or whether the laptop is limiting speed. WiFi connect and test the fast computer with a wire to get a fourth test number.

...The RSSI is now -40 dBm, was -82 dBm.
Almost unbelievable numbers - 10,000 times more signal! My new router gave me about 10db more signal and I thought that was an amazing deal.

Back
Top Bottom