A personal Covid Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best news! I am so happy that he is being discharged and will be going to your house. Enjoy your time together and I hope that he continues to recover rapidly. Thanks for keeping us updated.

We have him at home now :dance:

Hopefully being home will help with his recovery. He is extremely alert and chatty!!

His digestive system seems to be back to normal and we’ll never know if it was the liver or the drugs that he was on that upset his stomach.

Hopefully being home will help with his recovery. He is extremely alert and chatty!!
+1 :dance:
His digestive system seems to be back to normal and we’ll never know if it was the liver or the drugs that he was on that upset his stomach.

Is hospital food that good over there?

I bet a little cannabis would help with the appetite. Recreational use isn’t legal there, is it?

This has been an absolutely incredible story from beginning to end. It was scary how hard this hit him, but amazing how fast he bounced back once he turned the corner. So very happy for you and I echo the sentiment of others, that this will be used as a cautionary tale for our younger family members and to get that vaccine! Congratulations!

I’ve been following this every day and saying a prayer every evening. So very happy for your family that Jeffery is finally home!!

Alan, just add me to the list of those elated by the news that Jeffrey is home with you!

Today my husband and I drive an hour and a half to a pharmacy where he will get his second Moderna shot. I think he's the last one on our street to get vaccinated fully, young whippersnapper that he is. Early next month, I'm guessing we'll get together with our neighbors for the first time in more than a year! We are already planning a trip to see his family in San Diego before Memorial Day. Life is resuming!

YAY!!! This is so good to hear. We have a card on the way to Jeffrey.

We are doing the happy dance!

+1 :dance:

Is hospital food that good over there?

I bet a little cannabis would help with the appetite. Recreational use isn’t legal there, is it?

My last stay in the hospital, the food was quite good. Perhaps it's the same as the camping effect. Bacon, eggs, sausage, toast, even canned pears, taste better when served while camping in the great outdoors.

I hope Alan is ready to beef up his food budget. A hungry young man cannot be taken lightly. ;)

Great news. Your whole internet family is thrilled for you.

:dance::dance::dance:

This is wonderful news. I have been reading your updates all day today, and each one made me happier than the last one!

Here's hoping Jeffrey, you, and Drill Sergeant Mama all get a wonderful night's sleep tonight.

Thanks everyone :greetings10:

He has just gone to bed at 09:30pm. First indication of his ailment is that he was out of breath climbing the stairs but he managed them perfectly well. He has a pretty detailed set of exercises to do and diary to report on his twice a day walks and his 3 times a day blood oxygen measurements. Drill sergeant Mom will make sure he does them.

According to Jeffrey, Hospital food was either excellent or terrible. The roast beef and Yorkshire pudding was a big hit yesterday as were the 2 meals of lasagne he chose.

Medicinal cannabis is not a thing over here.

In addition to Dexamethasone he was also given tocilizumab, a monoclonal antibody.

https://www.recoverytrial.net/news/tocilizumab-reduces-deaths-in-patients-hospitalised-with-covid-19

The data suggest that in COVID-19 patients with hypoxia (requiring oxygen) and significant inflammation, treatment with the combination of a systemic corticosteroid (such as dexamethasone) plus tocilizumab reduces mortality by about one third for patients requiring simple oxygen and nearly one half for those requiring invasive mechanical ventilation.

I couldn't be happier for all of you! What a great outcome! And now in great hands with the grill sergeant!

Just 12 days ago, Jeffrey was slated to go on a ventilator for 2 weeks and instead he is now climbing stairs. Looks like a full recovery is well on the way.

So glad for this happy ending. :dance:

Alan,
I am so happy and relieved for your family. I know it happens, but the thought if losing a son or daughter is just beyond brutal. I didn’t want any part of that for you, your family, or even your ER extended family. That Jeffrey got better so quickly (relatively speaking) after being on a ventilator is just exceptionally great news. Dare I say a miracle. His medical team deserves major props for the work they did and do for many others. Jeffrey deserves credit for staying strong. That journey he was just on couldn’t have been easy.

All in all, just a great moment for me to open this thread and read that he’s home. So good! Thanks for sharing a bit of your life with us.

Last edited:
Great news!

Don't want to sid a sour note but I've heard of cases of relapses from covid patients released from hospital

Doctors may give him some things to be vigilant about?

I am so glad to read this news. I'm sure his mom will keep him on track and on the path to full recovery. So glad he has his taste and smell back.

You and Irene will probably sleep better, also, knowing he's just down the hall and not in the hospital.

So happy for you all!!!

Great news!

Don't want to sid a sour note but I've heard of cases of relapses from covid patients released from hospital

Doctors may give him some things to be vigilant about?
I suspect that's why he has to take regular blood oxygen measurements among other things.

It's ok to tiptoe into his room and check on him during the night, just like the first time you brought him home from the hospital 30+ years ago ;)

This is fantastic news for all of you, Alan! I'm so happy for you.

Wow! Wow! Wow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom