Join Early Retirement Today

Old 09-27-2021, 12:11 PM   #61
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by W2R View Post
Sleeping half the hours each day, feeling better (but of course this is not instant! ) . We are not up to actually DOING anything fascinating yet, but we'll get there. Frank has been wonderful, doing my laundry and dishes as I doze. This afternoon he plans to make a nice lunch sandwich for me out of fresh tomatos and swiss cheese. Then, more sleep!
Thank you for the update. Keep getting better and hope you can get back to your daily routine soon enough.

P.S. Franks sounds wonderful and he has company too, as I am in charge of all laundry.
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-27-2021, 12:22 PM   #62
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Sleeping half the hours each day, feeling better (but of course this is not instant! ) . We are not up to actually DOING anything fascinating yet, but we'll get there. Frank has been wonderful, doing my laundry and dishes as I doze. This afternoon he plans to make a nice lunch sandwich for me out of fresh tomatos and swiss cheese. Then, more sleep!
So good to hear from you! Rest certainly does the body good and fresh tomatoes...mmm, so yummy!
Old 09-27-2021, 12:26 PM   #63
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Best wishes for a speedy recovery, W2R! Looking forward to hearing more about this whole ordeal when you feel up to sharing it with us.
Sojourner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 12:43 PM   #64
Give me a forum ...

Sounds like kindness, love, and healing are going on. Keep going

Quote:
Amethyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 12:50 PM   #65
Give me a forum ...

Thank you for taking time to give us an update. You have many folks here who have been worried and care for you!
Rest and recover. Give Frank a hug for taking such good care of you, he sounds like a gem.
Old 09-27-2021, 03:18 PM   #66

Nice to hear from you. Take it easy and get better.

I'm so glad you are HOME!
Old 09-27-2021, 05:33 PM   #67

Ditto on everyone's thoughts. Frank's a keeper for sure. It's great that he appreciates you and demonstrates his love.
Old 09-27-2021, 05:39 PM   #68
Give me a forum ...

Thanks for the update. Hope you are feeling better soon!
Even clouds seem bright and breezy, 'Cause the livin' is free and easy, See the rat race in a new way, Like you're wakin' up to a new day (Dr. Tarr and Professor Fether lyrics, Alan Parsons Project, based on an EA Poe story)
daylatedollarshort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 06:22 PM   #69

Sleep is so important to healing. Enjoy doing nothing... Maybe you'll feel up to playing animal crossing (or whichever game is your current fave) in a few days. In the meantime, sleep, then take a nap, then go to bed early. LOL
Old 09-27-2021, 06:30 PM   #70
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Sleeping is healing so that's good news!

Retired Jan 2012 at age 56
pb4uski is offline   Reply With Quote
Good morning!
Old 09-28-2021, 12:54 AM   #71
Moderator Emeritus

Good morning!

I awakened an hour or two ago, for no particular reason, and thought, "Hey! I wonder if I lost any weight while in the hospital fighting off this dreadful illness! I mean why not, it could happen, right?"

So, I got up and weighed myself, and was amazed to find out that I lost over 18 pounds without even knowing it! Pretty cool! OK, back to bed

Happily retired since 2009, at age 61. Best years of my life by far!
W2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 01:33 AM   #72
Administrator

Quote:
I awakened an hour or two ago, for no particular reason, and thought, "Hey! I wonder if I lost any weight while in the hospital fighting off this dreadful illness! I mean why not, it could happen, right?"

So, I got up and weighed myself, and was amazed to find out that I lost over 18 pounds without even knowing it! Pretty cool! OK, back to bed
Our son had a similar experience. At least you won’t have to worry about ill-fitting clothes when you go back to work
Old 09-28-2021, 06:29 AM   #73

Quote:

Wow! Eighteen pounds is a lot!

Glad Frank is taking such good care of you, and hope you feel all better soon.
Scuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 07:08 AM   #74
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:

DH was “disappointed” he didn’t lose weight when he caught COVID. But mostly he was grateful he didn’t get too sick. You sound like you are slowly on the mend, thank goodness. Sleep well!
Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 07:11 AM   #75
Give me a forum ...

Not a good way to lost weight, but it could be worse! At least you felt good enough to think about it...
ivinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 07:35 AM   #76
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:

Well I may have found about 1/2 those pounds since I went to my Dr. yesterday for my follow up to my "breakthrough" co** case & the scales told on me. I'm so glad you are improving as well!
Venturer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 07:38 AM   #77
Give me a forum ...

W2R, so glad you are mending. One time I lost a bunch of weight due to the flu but once I felt better I put it all back on (plus some!). I am so glad that Frank was not sick (or at least not very sick) and is able to help you. The time I was so sick with the flu DH had the flu too and was even sicker than me. We had no one to help us (although some friend left food on the porch) and it was awful. By the way, when we were so sick with the flu we had been vaccinated but we had gotten the vaccine the last week of Sept and we got the flu the last week of Feb and our doctor told us we probably got the flu shot too early and its effectiveness expired. So now we always wait until October to get the flu shot.
harllee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 08:09 AM   #78

Glad you found a silver lining from all your trials over the past few weeks, W2R. Sleep and good food will be the best medicine for your full recovery.
MBAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 08:16 AM   #79
Give me a forum ...

Yeah, that's a tough way to lose weight. Glad you are able to check in with us. Best wishes yet again!

Anything which can be used can be misused. Anything which can be misused will be.
Koolau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 08:30 AM   #80
Give me a forum ...

Glad to hear you are improving bit by bit.
What an ordeal you have been through.
Thank you for giving another update.