Covid in the House (I'm negative)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tested positive last night. First run-in with it. Head is incredibly stuffy and I have a sore throat, but I'm feeling well enough to have taken a shower and washed a load of clothes. Pulse ox is 98%.

My wife is negative so far, but we spent 8 hours in a car together on Sunday, so it seems likely that she will get it.

Most of the people I've seen getting Covid lately (husband, son, friend) have had congestion and cold like symptoms. DH and friend had coughing although DS did not. I think that does make it harder here to know whether something is likely to be Covid. I insisted that DH test when he just thought he had a cold...

As far as your wife, it wouldn't be surprising if she got it. That said, I was around DH a lot (and DS was in this house as well) but I never tested positive and was fine. Maybe the fact I was vaccinated and double boosted helped. Or, maybe I just got lucky....

I tested positive last night. First run-in with it. Head is incredibly stuffy and I have a sore throat, but I'm feeling well enough to have taken a shower and washed a load of clothes. Pulse ox is 98%.

My wife is negative so far, but we spent 8 hours in a car together on Sunday, so it seems likely that she will get it.

Sunday was many days ago. You may not have had much viral load. You can hope!

I wonder at these similar symptoms - sore throat, stuffy. I suppose typical for the latest variants BA4/5? ETA: Well, not likely as together they only accounted for 7% of infections as of June 6.

Wishing all of you quick and complete recoveries.

Last edited:
Day 5 from exposure, negative home tests, had a PCR test at Drs, still Negative, thankfully!
DH still has sore throat and I have headache.
I expect one of these days, we will test Positive. So many have.

I guess it’s our turn. DS and DGS are staying with us as DS and DIL proceed with their divorce. 4 y.o. DGS had fever/chills yesterday. Took him to local pedi urgent care yesterday evening. He’s much better today. His MD called this AM to let us know DGS COVID test was positive.

Today, I’ve had mild stomach ache, no appetite, mild headache, nasal congestion, cough and mild wheeze. I’m vaccinated and double boosted. DH and DS are symptom free🤞that continues.

I’ll test later today, shelter in place, drink lots of water, monitor temp, rest as much as DGS allows and hope for the best.

I guess the universe has decided this will be our bad luck summer.

I wonder at these similar symptoms - sore throat, stuffy. I suppose typical for the latest variants BA4/5? ETA: Well, not likely as together they only accounted for 7% of infections as of June 6.

Re: Bold above

I am guessing that is 7% of the people that went for the PCR test (how else would they know the variant?). I would bet that most people now are testing at home. If they have mild symptoms they would not bother going for a PCR test (like DW and me and many folks here). Just follow the protocol.

No data, just a rational explanation.

Today, back to Urgent Care for me, still no Covid, but that doesn't make me feel any better. I have a deep, hacking cough so I did get a RX for cough medicine. I have not had a cough like this since my working days. It is weird to be sick with something other than Covid, as that is what I have worried most about these past years. So far, DH is good and I have stayed away from everyone else.

A few weeks back had a mild stuffy nose. Didn't think much about it as it went away in a few days. Then I broke out in bad hives, hives that not only cause redness but swelling. I have never had hives before in my life. No new foods, no new soaps or detergents, no new medications so I was at a loss as to the cause.

Found out that hives can be a symptom of covid (sometimes the only symptom) and many times hives show up just as covid is resolving. Rapid tests turned up negative but as my respiratory symptoms were very mild, those negatives cant rule covid out.

This virus can show up in many different ways.

Found out that hives can be a symptom of covid (sometimes the only symptom) and many times hives show up just as covid is resolving.

Huh! That is a nice one that I hadn't heard before.

Thank you!

Feeling a little better, especially after two nights of fairly normal sleep. The lawn is well overdue for mowing, but I'm trying to follow my daughter's advice to rest and talk myself out of starting it for one more day.

Thank you!

Feeling a little better, especially after two nights of fairly normal sleep. The lawn is well overdue for mowing, but I'm trying to follow my daughter's advice to rest and talk myself out of starting it for one more day.

From what I read, taking plenty of rest and not taxing oneself is important to reduce chances of longer recovery. People who push themselves before they are completely recovered tend to get sick again.

Thank you!

3 of us still have Covid going on 5 to 8 days. I wonder how much longer.
My mulching is overdue, but will let it sit plus heat index is 105 each day now.

From what I read, taking plenty of rest and not taxing oneself is important to reduce chances of longer recovery. People who push themselves before they are completely recovered tend to get sick again.
I did about 45 minutes of work outside the house just now. Weeding in the garden was OK, getting on and off a stepladder, not so much.

Mowing the lawn is at least a couple of days away :sick:

3 of us still have Covid going on 5 to 8 days. I wonder how much longer.
My mulching is overdue, but will let it sit plus heat index is 105 each day now.
Frustrating to look at those things and not be able to start on them, in my case not being able to take much advantage of a mild day. Hope you're all feeling better soon!

Frustrating to look at those things and not be able to start on them, in my case not being able to take much advantage of a mild day. Hope you're all feeling better soon!

Same to you, plus I have 2 Pickleball tournaments in the next month and want to be ready for them.

We are officially the house of COVID. 4/4 with symptoms ranging from high fever, head cold and less energy. DGS is well down the recovery road. He’s almost 4, the only one unvaccinated and was hit the hardest with fever and chills for 2 days.

The rest of us are managing symptoms. No plans to get Paxlovid. I’ve had worse colds and flu. Still taking early AM walks and sheltering inside vs sweltering outside in the afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom