Covid Vaccine Distribution

Status
Not open for further replies.
After my second Pfizer shot, the next few days I felt fatigued and "punky." Naturally I assumed it was due to the shot, but it turned out to be the run-up to a middle ear infection.

And how will that do anything other than increase vaccine hesitancy among the public? Walgreens discovered their own error and I suspect they have already reported themselves to VARS.

I agree calling the TV station isn't worth it.

VARS is a national system for vaccine events, right?

Well, I'd still report it to the state pharmacy board. Vaccine or not, it is a failure to "dispense" the proper drug.

After my second Pfizer shot, the next few days I felt fatigued and "punky." Naturally I assumed it was due to the shot, but it turned out to be the run-up to a middle ear infection.

I wonder? I have sinus trouble but had a bad spell with plugged up and hurting ears for a few days after my second dose..I had Moderna.

Another problem that we've seen quite a bit is folks who get their first vaccine and then develop flu-like symptoms a day or two after and turn out to have COVID. They were already infected at the time of the vaccination. They just didn't know it yet. The vaccine won't help you if you already have the virus.

The giveaway seems to be that vaccination-related symptoms generally last 24-36 hours. If it goes longer than that, it may be something else, including COVID.

In my case, it is related to acid reflux.

I wonder? I have sinus trouble but had a bad spell with plugged up and hurting ears for a few days after my second dose..I had Moderna.

I learned to cut my bangs pretty well. And got quite good at cutting DH’s hair. But the rest of my hair is at least 6 inches longer than I like.

This just makes no sense at all. Especially with her verbally confirming with the technician.

Usually there is a line of folks getting the COVID shot.

It would seem a separate access for the shingles shot. Were they mixing up the line?

Last Fall (before Covid vaccines) we called ahead to our local Osco Drug to verify they had the Fluzone Qudarivalent High Dose version for us. Yep, come on in and get it.

When we got there, I again asked if we would be getting the Fluzone Quadrivalent High Dose version, they said Yes. So we spent 10 minutes filling out a mountain of permission forms and other paperwork. Finally a woman tells us to step into the booth for the injection, and I ask one more time which version we would be getting. She said we were about to get the Fluad version. When I said WTF?, that's not what we've been told twice today. She said they hadn't gotten any of the Fluzone version this year and didn't know any drug stores in the area who had it and they were just giving everyone the Fluad. We told her to pound sand and drove to the CVS Pharmacy a block away who had the Fluzone we wanted, and they even showed us the vial before injecting us.

I think Osco crossed the line from Ordinary Mistake to Deliberate Deception, and we don't plan to ever go back.

Alternatively, it sounds like the first 2 you spoke to were ignorant, and everything starting with "Flu" sounded alike to them. I have encountered this kind of thing, usually on the phone with customer service.

Either way, such incompetence is unforgivable; I wouldn't go back either.

L
When we got there, I again asked if we would be getting the Fluzone Quadrivalent High Dose version, they said Yes. So we spent 10 minutes filling out a mountain of permission forms and other paperwork. Finally a woman tells us to step into the booth for the injection, and I ask one more time which version we would be getting. She said we were about to get the Fluad version. When I said WTF?, that's not what we've been told twice today. She said they hadn't gotten any of the Fluzone version this year...

I think Osco crossed the line from Ordinary Mistake to Deliberate Deception, and we don't plan to ever go back.

Last Fall (before Covid vaccines) we called ahead to our local Osco Drug to verify they had the Fluzone Qudarivalent High Dose version for us. Yep, come on in and get it.

When we got there, I again asked if we would be getting the Fluzone Quadrivalent High Dose version, they said Yes. So we spent 10 minutes filling out a mountain of permission forms and other paperwork. Finally a woman tells us to step into the booth for the injection, and I ask one more time which version we would be getting. She said we were about to get the Fluad version. When I said WTF?, that's not what we've been told twice today. She said they hadn't gotten any of the Fluzone version this year and didn't know any drug stores in the area who had it and they were just giving everyone the Fluad. We told her to pound sand and drove to the CVS Pharmacy a block away who had the Fluzone we wanted, and they even showed us the vial before injecting us.

From this thread: https://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f38/flu-shots-2020-a-105119-13.html Post #253:

Called CVS, yup, c'mon in. Nobody else there. After I left, I was a bit concerned if I indeed got the high-dose that I requested, as it did not say it in the name. A few minutes on net proved that what I got, FLUAD QUAD 2020-2021, is indeed a high-dose for age 65 and over. Made by Seqirus, better known outside of the US. It is an adjuvant-boosted vaccine, instead of the four times the antigen level Flu-Zone High Dose.

Somewhere, way back in the beginning of this thread, I think a forum member in Australia mentioned it.

Here is a short easy-reading USA Today article from late last year that's pretty decent, about the 65-and-over boosted Flu shot concept and choices:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...er/4178418002/

Yesterday at Walgreen's was interesting. We used vaccinespotter.org to check availability by filtering down to Moderna, 2nd shot. Walgreen's was closest, so we signed up with them online and scheduled 10:05 and 10:20am time slots.

When we arrived we waited in line a bit, filled out forms, turned them in. They seemed to be training one or two people in some procedures, getting things logged, etc. Then someone asked us the standard COVID-screening questions, which we had JUST FILLED OUT on the paper forms. So we were thoroughly vetted. Then I had to use the card reader pin pad to verify our phone numbers. The numbers they had on file were old (Google Voice actually) but are still working and I happened to remember the last four digits of both. Then they printed up a receipt and 'prescription' forms detailing our vaccines which they stapled together. I'm surprised they didn't give us an empty paper bag! (old habits/systems die hard, evidently) The information they had on file for us were two different addresses, one of which was an address we left 11 years ago. Oh well.

The pharmacist then filled two syringes and delivered them to what I guess is an aide or pharmacy trainee. Not sure. The young man who gave us our shots was at least competent, if not expert. Both of us felt mildly more pain/sting than our previous shots, but the soreness a day later is *much* less than the first shot. We also got Walgreen's standard "Flu fighter" bandaids.

We walked out at 10:40am, and we were the only people scheduled for the 10-11am hour, evidently. Good thing, because they couldn't handle more people yet.

Gosh, that’s a lot of paperwork once you get there.

CVS had me fill absolutely everything out online including consent. So no paperwork for me upon arrival. All that had to be done was someone verify appointment and ID and fill out the CD card. Then wait in line for shot. While in line someone came by to double check appointment and first or second dose.

They were vaccinating several people an hour. Line was super short when I arrived for second dose, but it filled up behind me.

Last edited:
Talk of paperwork - We got all our COVID shots from the health dept. at the county fairgrounds, as pharmacy appointments just couldn't be gotten at that point.

The paperwork was minimal, but still managed to be inefficient. They hand you a form to fill out in line in the car. Have no idea why this couldn't be printed and filled out in advance.

Talk of paperwork - We got all our COVID shots from the health dept. at the county fairgrounds, as pharmacy appointments just couldn't be gotten at that point.

The paperwork was minimal, but still managed to be inefficient. They hand you a form to fill out in line in the car. Have no idea why this couldn't be printed and filled out in advance.

Our little pharmacy had an online PDF that you could fill in. They implored everyone to use it. Yet, most people in line were filling them by hand.

Here's the nice thing: as a reward, when I arrived with a filled-in form that is very legible since it is computer generated, they sent me to the front of the line ahead of those still filling them out.

We got our vaccines from the Yale-New Haven Health system, and did everything on-line in advance. Since our primary care physicians are associated with YNHH, we already had electronic medical records in the system and merely had to fill out the COIVD specific stuff and pick the appointment times. When we arrived at their mass vaccination site, they just checked our IDs and that was it. Easy-peasy lemon squeezy.

To get the appointment slot confirmed at CVS you had to give them all the info in advance online including insurance info. Fortunately they gave you 30 mins to do it.

They emailed and texted me for the second dose and I had to reconfirm some things online again. You even checked in online from a text message letting them know you’d arrived. Just had to stop at a little table to show id and the CDC card updated.

Overall I was very impressed. I went to a CVS in a much smaller outlying town that was still only 11 miles north of home, so quite convenient.

The first time I waited in line about 20 mins for the shot - that was the only inconvenience.

The second time they told me I didn’t have to wait 15 mins afterwards again because I didn’t have a reaction to the first shot. So we were in and out fast.

Last edited:
Almost no paperwork for us when we signed up for shots at what I can best describe as a "satellite" health care site to the local hospital. Took personal and contact info, and name pf primary physician, over the phone and got appointment. For first appointment, we strolled in, they had our names in their system, just show ID and insurance card, good to go. Received email confirmation and reminders about appoint for 2nd shot. For 2nd shot, walked just had to show ID, 2 minutes later received the shot. Waited 15 minutes primary because I hit an interesting section of the book I brought to read :).

My local vaccination site (in WA state) is offering walk up shots for anyone 60+ and, as part of a "Good Neighbor" plan, a shot without an appointment for a person who brings a senior in.

Pfizer #2 yesterday morning and I feel perfectly fine. No side effect whatsoever from shot #1, either. The HealthPartners clinic is a veritable assembly line with so many people getting vaccinated smoothly.

Sad story. A friend went to the pharmacy today for her second shingles shot and they gave her a covid shot by mistake. She had already had two covid shots.

Anyway, she is tired and has some minor flu like symptoms.

Well, she could probably get a nice gift card for a few thousand dollars. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom