Join Early Retirement Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2021, 02:32 PM   #2961
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

We got our 2nd Moderna shot Sunday (Easter!). Arm was sore and warm for 24 hours but no other issues. We've been told, full immunity could be as long as 4 more weeks. We'll maintain our Covid Vigil (masks and distancing) in any case - belt and suspenders plus elastic waist band. :cool smiley: YMMV

Anything which can be used can be misused. Anything which can be misused will be.
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-06-2021, 02:37 PM   #2962

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolau View Post
We got our 2nd Moderna shot Sunday (Easter!). Arm was sore and warm for 24 hours but no other issues. We've been told, full immunity could be as long as 4 more weeks.
Three weeks after my second Moderna shot I suddenly felt far better, completely back to normal. No more fatigue, no worries at all. They always say that two weeks is the standard, so maybe it took me an extra week but that's hardly significant. It has been six weeks now and I've never felt better. My state and the neighboring state still have mask mandates so that helps me psychologically as well.
Old 04-06-2021, 02:57 PM   #2963
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amethyst View Post
Great! I was relieved to see that the sushi place, where we normally go for celebrations, is still in business. That's where we are headed, once I've had my 2 shots + 2 weeks.
My stimulus money came via a Debit Card this time. I gave most to my two children as I have done in the past. But this time, I left a bit for myself. That last bit I put on my account at the local coffee-house/watering-hole near me which has somehow managed to survive and is now in the process of reopening their inside service. And with the weather warming up their piazza like outdoor area is as tempting as ever.
Old 04-06-2021, 03:20 PM   #2964
Give me a forum ...

Stimulus money? What's that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckanut View Post
My stimulus money came via a Debit Card this time.
Old 04-06-2021, 03:21 PM   #2965
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I got the Moderna shot today. UNC had a nice setup at the Friday Center, a conference venue not far from campus. Very orderly and no wait except for the 15 minutes post-jab.

Old 04-06-2021, 03:35 PM   #2966
Administrator

DD got her first Pfizer shot today. She lives in Mid City LA and said it was just 10 minutes away at the Expo near USC. She called yesterday lunchtime for the appointment today and wasn’t even on hold. She has her second shot booked for April 27.

She turned 40 end of February so was very pleased indeed to get it so soon.
Old 04-06-2021, 04:05 PM   #2967
Give me a forum ...

Well in CA she's not suppose to get her shot yet unless she has some specific health conditions or work in certain jobs.

Not as egregious as say a month or two ago when you heard about some cases of jumping lines.

In a week it will all be moot.
Old 04-06-2021, 04:22 PM   #2968

Quote:
Originally Posted by explanade View Post
Well in CA she's not suppose to get her shot yet unless she has some specific health conditions or work in certain jobs.

Not as egregious as say a month or two ago when you heard about some cases of jumping lines.

Depends. The state says no, however, some counties have opened it up to 16+.
Old 04-06-2021, 04:36 PM   #2969
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amethyst View Post
Stimulus money? What's that?
It's a secret we of the peasant class know about. The rich folks are like the baffled Dowager Countess in Downton Abbey when she asks her working class relative, "What's a weekend?"
Old 04-06-2021, 04:37 PM   #2970
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrvlBug View Post
Depends. The state says no, however, some counties have opened it up to 16+.
Yep. Not all cities and counties follow the same rules as the state. I know Philadelphia is on a different schedule than the PA rules.
Old 04-06-2021, 04:42 PM   #2971

Quote:
Originally Posted by explanade View Post

Its been 16+ for well over a week. On the news today they said 50% of those between 16-50 are done. It will go just as fast in other regions
Old 04-06-2021, 04:42 PM   #2972
Recycles dryer sheets

Yes, my daughter age 38 and grandson age 16 were able to get their shots last week in Tennessee even though the state wasn't opening up for those ages until yesterday. They found an individual county that was open to 16 and up and got the shots there.
Old 04-06-2021, 04:52 PM   #2973
Give me a forum ...

We of the "pension class," who pay all the taxes, know not of this "have lots of money, but little income" which fooleth the tax authorities into sending checks to rich people.

Anyway, good for you for putting the stimulus money back into the economy, as was intended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckanut View Post
It's a secret we of the peasant class know about. The rich folks are like the baffled Dowager Countess in in Downton Abbey when she asks her working class relative, "What's a weekend?"
Old 04-06-2021, 04:53 PM   #2974

Quote:
Originally Posted by gayl View Post
Its been 16+ for well over a week. On the news today they said 50% of those between 16-50 are done. It will go just as fast in other regions
That's true in Contra Costa County, which is moving faster than the rest of the state. Los Angeles County is still only open to 50+. They will go to 16+ on April 15 when everyone else does.
Old 04-06-2021, 04:56 PM   #2975

Quote:
Originally Posted by braumeister View Post
Three weeks after my second Moderna shot I suddenly felt far better, completely back to normal. No more fatigue, no worries at all. They always say that two weeks is the standard, so maybe it took me an extra week but that's hardly significant. It has been six weeks now and I've never felt better. My state and the neighboring state still have mask mandates so that helps me psychologically as well.
Wow, it took three weeks? I'll remember this, and not worry if it takes me weeks to feel better.
Old 04-06-2021, 04:59 PM   #2976

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathy63 View Post
That's true in Contra Costa County, which is moving faster than the rest of the state. Los Angeles County is still only open to 50+. They will go to 16+ on April 15 when everyone else does.
Plus UC Davis, Berkeley, and SF according to Mayor Breed .... it'll go fast for you too especially since the Dodger Mass Vaccination site will stay open for 4 more weeks!! Hope we GO GREEN in June

For those still looking, try: https://vaccinefinder.org/search/

We've come a long way in a year & note the market: https://www.ktvu.com/video/664134
Old 04-06-2021, 05:20 PM   #2977
Recycles dryer sheets

Got my second Moderna shot on March 30. Was not feeling that great before the shot and the second shot increased my fatigue, gave me a bit of nausea for two days, a sore arm and some swollen lymph nodes. I'm feeling a lot better this week than last week and wonder if I should have waited a few days to get over a bit of a flare I was having of a chronic illness. Ended up taking 1 1/2 days off of work to rest. Still glad to have it done despite a few rough days.
Old 04-06-2021, 06:59 PM   #2978
Recycles dryer sheets

Received the J&J vaccine yesterday at 10 a.m. at CVS. I had been holding out for the J&J vaccine. I was first on the schedule and they were well organized and no wait at all. The shot itself was painless. Busy the rest of the day washing outside windows and some yard work, etc.. No sore arm or any issues. Woke up this morning with some little aches and pains but nothing more than the usual. Did some work on the computer early, then went to gym, then took the grand dog for a half hour walk. This afternoon I mowed and did yard work for three or four hours. No issues or sore arm yet. Hopefully I am good.
Old 04-06-2021, 10:57 PM   #2979
Full time employment: Posting here.

I got J&J yesterday at 12:30. By 6:30pm I was feeling bad enough that I went to bed, by 7:30 I was shivering and feverish. At 11:30pm when I was less awful, I took my temperature and was at 102.1. I spent the night tossing and turning and aching. Today started pretty miserable, mostly due to very poor sleep I think. but I got better over the course of the day. I'm very excited to be a couple weeks out from pretty good protection. I still want to get the Pfizer vaccine when it is available to be purchased in some number of months.
Old 04-06-2021, 11:02 PM   #2980
Give me a forum ...

I would wait to see if there's a need for modified boosters to address the variants.

Some epidemiologists are saying we could still have some kind of surge next winter, even if we are able to drive down the cases and vaccinate a large majority of the population.

No clarity on how long immunity lasts either.

So we may go through this dance again in November.
Closed Thread