Covid Vaccine Distribution

Status
Not open for further replies.
The medical system my PCP is associated with has told us that they will send us notifications when it is our "turn" to call them to get it.

And yeah, the way I see it, for everyone who gets vaccinated, my chances of catching it drop (even if infinitesimally, though multiplying a very small number by a few million starts to move the needle).
+1

I don't think that map is up to date. It shows NC with 0. North Carolina received around 70,000 doses last week and I understand that most all those doses have been already given to hospital medical people.

I was surprised to see so many states with 0. Probably a few delays/bugs to work out in reporting to the CDC.

Yup, not quite up to date. Iowa also shows 0 doses given and my MIL (Age 86) got hers today at a NH associated with a small town hospital in Iowa.

Map shows Louisiana with zero, yet has it colored like its near the top. Same with Indiana. Probably others. NBC News on top of it again

I am 64 a substitute teacher in Wake County NC . Been working in the schools virtually since Labor Day . 55 days of work at 15 different buildings. Some elementary kids are in the building I was teaching but I had no contact. Just teaching on a computer in a closed classroom. Starting January 20 , eight to ten high school students will be back . I am the Covid sub :))) great name at the public HS . I really want the vaccine soon , but NC has no timetable. Everything is run like crap in America today . We have problems that sure are not being met .

Are they doing any tracking of those vaccinated for side effects and positive covid tests?

I am 64 a substitute teacher in Wake County NC . Been working in the schools virtually since Labor Day . 55 days of work at 15 different buildings. Some elementary kids are in the building I was teaching but I had no contact. Just teaching on a computer in a closed classroom. Starting January 20 , eight to ten high school students will be back . I am the Covid sub :))) great name at the public HS . I really want the vaccine soon , but NC has no timetable. Everything is run like crap in America today . We have problems that sure are not being met .
Whether there's a known/published timetable or not, you'll get the shots at exactly the same time. Why would it change if there was a timetable?

I don't see crap. I see a massive production system starting up & there are always kinks & uncertainties (I worked many a development and production startups.). Clearly many don't understand the difference between startups & mature systems & demand immediate precision & accuracy. We're less than 1% into this. Please give people a chance. Good grief.

Are they doing any tracking of those vaccinated for side effects and positive covid tests?
I haven't heard of a single death or permanent disability from anyone vaccinated out of 500,000 to 1M shots so far. Yet 0.4% die of the virus per million infections or 4,000. Net, the vaccine is much safer.

I do think that school teachers should be among the first groups to get the vaccine and I think they will be under the NC timetable--the problem is the state does not know when or how many doses it will receive.

I doubt that any high school students will be coming back in Wake County in January. I bet that Wake County high school remains virtual the entire Spring.

I read that there is a smart phone app that people who are vaccinated are asked to download so those people can be contacted about side effects, positive cases, etc. I think I read the app will be voluntary.

The vaccines are about 95% effective (which is very good) but that means that there will still be some vaccinated people who get Covid, but maybe it will not be as severe.

The vaccines are about 95% effective (which is very good) but that means that there will still be some vaccinated people who get Covid, but maybe it will not be as severe.
Not as severe is what I've read going back to when the vaccines were approved.

I do think that school teachers should be among the first groups to get the vaccine and I think they will be under the NC timetable--the problem is the state does not know when or how many doses it will receive.

I doubt that any high school students will be coming back in Wake County in January. I bet that Wake County high school remains virtual the entire Spring.

You are aware the HS students are set to take finals in the buildings week of January 11 . Then new semester starts January 20 . The board has not changed that .

You are aware the HS students are set to take finals in the buildings week of January 11 . Then new semester starts January 20 . The board has not changed that .

They may take final exams in the building but I would be very surprised if Wake County has high school students in person starting January 20.

Sure wish someone (or some organization) would publish a daily count of vaccines in the arm, like the counts by state of infections confirmed.

Anyone know of a tracker like this ?

Sure wish someone (or some organization) would publish a daily count of vaccines in the arm, like the counts by state of infections confirmed.

Anyone know of a tracker like this ?

The NYT is attempting to do that. Scroll down past the map for the numbers. https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/us/covid-19-vaccine-doses.html

The main thing you will learn from this page is that many states do not report (or have not yet reported?) on the number of shots given. Hopefully it will improve over time.

Seeing today that the government is working to get Pfizer to up its production for more/faster doses by getting Pfizer greater access to the supplies it needs to produce its vaccine.

Tried only a little, but can't get there without an account :(
Thanks for the trying :)

That's odd. It works fine for me in an incognito window in Chrome. I'm definitely not logged in because there's a "Login" button in the upper right corner of the screen.

The main thing you will learn from this page is that many states do not report (or have not yet reported?) on the number of shots given. Hopefully it will improve over time.

My states Covid numbers are probably accurate over the long term (say a week or more) but short term can be misleading. One county may not report. somebody in another county transposed the death numbers, etc. It all gets fixed. The other day 13 formerly alive people were resurrected according to the total death count. Or they corrected an error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom