Join Early Retirement Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2021, 04:44 PM   #3001
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

So convenient! Most curses won't work on you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gayl View Post
My nephew told her if she went through with getting the vaccine G-d would send her to Hell when she died. I'm Jewish. We don't have Hell
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-07-2021, 04:47 PM   #3002
Administrator

L'enfer, c'est les autres. - Jean-Paul Sartre
Old 04-07-2021, 06:38 PM   #3003
Recycles dryer sheets

My state just announced that, beginning tomorrow, any eligible person can be vaccinated in Oklahoma without regard to state residency. Out-of-staters (and presumably, out-of-nationers (!)) can be vaccinated in Oklahoma so long as they're otherwise eligible.
Old 04-07-2021, 06:54 PM   #3004
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

That’s fantastic!
Old 04-07-2021, 07:06 PM   #3005
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by harllee View Post
I like the idea of a "ice cream/ vaccination van" . Anybody who gets a shot gets a cone of ice cream. Maybe they can play a tune, like "Hit Me with Your Best Shot" and people will flock to the van. Obviously I am going crazy here.
No, you are very sane. I am thinking of all the people who despite their fears, political views, and suspicion of 'unnatural' modern medicine will give them up for a free ice cream.

The worst decisions are usually made in times of anger and impatience.
Old 04-07-2021, 09:15 PM   #3006
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckanut View Post
No, you are very sane. I am thinking of all the people who despite their fears, political views, and suspicion of 'unnatural' modern medicine will give them up for a free ice cream.
Or make Krispy Kreme stores vaccination sites as they're already giving away a free donut with your vaccination shot!
Old 04-07-2021, 09:53 PM   #3007

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmm99 View Post
Or make Krispy Kreme stores vaccination sites as they're already giving away a free donut with your vaccination shot!
Yup, that would definitely bring in some of the "hesitant" folks here in NC!
Old 04-07-2021, 10:49 PM   #3008
Give me a forum ...

Location: Spending the Kids Inheritance and living in Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by sengsational View Post
I didn't figure it would happen this fast, but I see that the accepting walk-ins is arriving now. My original plan was to wait for "the days of incentive", where the store bribes you with a gift card, but when the idea of getting out of the risk of suffering or worse, I went at the first available opportunity, which was across the state line, at a mass event. But I see that very soon, it's going to be "anyone that wants one"
We just got our second Pfizer shot, and for the 1st and 2nd shot they gave us coupons worth 10% off our next grocery order up to a value of $20.
Old 04-08-2021, 01:55 AM   #3009
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gayl View Post
Why did you get J&J when you wanted Pfizer? Why not just pick the one you wanted? https://vaccinefinder.org/search/
Because J&J was what was available for me in the bay area on Monday.
Old 04-08-2021, 04:45 AM   #3010
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset View Post
We just got our second Pfizer shot, and for the 1st and 2nd shot they gave us coupons worth 10% off our next grocery order up to a value of $20.
Yeah, I almost forgot. CVS (Longs) gave us a vey nice discount coupon - forget the details, but we shop there often just for stuff (If I run out of room spray or flying insect spray, found IPA alcohol there recently, special greeting card, etc.) they have EVERYTHING. They're more expensive than Sams or Costco, but oh, so much closer and I always find a parking spot by the front door. Also, unlike Costco, I can get out of there with what I came for instead of $100 worth of other stuff. Heh, heh, they gave BOTH DW and me one of the coupons even though we went together! YMMV

Anything which can be used can be misused. Anything which can be misused will be.
Old 04-08-2021, 08:50 AM   #3011
Give me a forum ...

I didn’t get a CVS coupon!
Old 04-08-2021, 09:01 AM   #3012

Quote:
Originally Posted by audreyh1 View Post
I didn’t get a CVS coupon!
I did, but my husband didn’t, although we were there at the same time.

His Pfizer hurt a bit, and I literally didn’t feel a thing.
I was lucky that day.
Old 04-08-2021, 11:18 AM   #3013
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accidental Retiree View Post
I did, but my husband didn’t, although we were there at the same time.

His Pfizer hurt a bit, and I literally didn’t feel a thing.
I was lucky that day.
My Pfizer shot was a pretty good pinch. DH didn’t feel anything with his shot - different time and provider.
Old 04-08-2021, 04:45 PM   #3014
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by audreyh1 View Post
My Pfizer shot was a pretty good pinch. DH didn’t feel anything with his shot - different time and provider.
I have noticed that some med staff do better in giving shots than others. Megacorp at my site had a WWII nurse who would scare you because she shook as if her nerves were shot. But when she came in for the actual shot or blood draw, everything stabilized and she never missed a vein or caused any pain. Other folks in the same office were not as good nor as consistent. I always tried to arrange to get 'Margaret' for shots and blood work. She was an angel - with stories from hell. YMMV

Anything which can be used can be misused. Anything which can be misused will be.
Old 04-08-2021, 05:17 PM   #3015

My DD, 32 and her DH, 33 received the Pfizer vaccine today at 1:00. He started a new job in 07/2020 in PA. He has not been into the office yet. He is in IT. His office just went back recently, but he talked with his boss and stated that he was not planning on going in until after he received the Covid vaccine. So far, they have not made him go into the office.

My DD was on Facebook and someone posted that there were several empty appointments for a Covid vaccine event they were having in Cranberry PA. Her DH called and they were given 1:00 appointments and needed 31 minutes to get there and it was 12:05 then. She asked the next door neighbor if she would watch the two youngest children play outside, which they could do it from their porch. I am so happy that they have received their first shots.
Old 04-09-2021, 11:41 AM   #3016
Recycles dryer sheets

DH and I got our 2nd Moderna shot today at the Anderson County TN Health Department pull through clinic.They were amazing. 5 minutes after we first pulled up we were already in the 15 minute wait line to watch for reactions,then off we went. Beautiful.
Old 04-09-2021, 12:00 PM   #3017
Give me a forum ...

Just got Pfizer #2 from the health department at the county fairgrounds. Counting husband's shots, this is the fourth time we've been through their routine; it is as inefficient as ever, especially having to fill out a form while in line in one's car. But it's done, and the priceless (and easily counterfeited) little shot card is filled out.
Old 04-09-2021, 01:42 PM   #3018
Give me a forum ...

Got my 2nd vaccine (Pfizer) as well. Quick and easy at a small town independent pharmacy. Almost 2 hours drive each way, but both times I checked in, and barely got comfy in a chair when my name was called. The 10 minute reaction time wait was the longest part of it. Nice to have that done. Waiting for the train wreck tomorrow, but so far I feel great.

I suppose there will be some counterfeiting of vaccine cards. Hopefully enough of us will be vaccinated to have herd immunity.
Old 04-09-2021, 04:09 PM   #3019

In my county it looks like we've reached the turning point where there are more vaccines then people signing up, the county currently has 2000 open appointments. Both J&J and Moderna available, I got my 2nd Moderna shot last week.
Old 04-09-2021, 04:13 PM   #3020
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinger1457 View Post
In my county it looks like we've reached the turning point where there are more vaccines then people signing up, the county currently has 2000 open appointments. Both J&J and Moderna available, I got my 2nd Moderna shot last week.
zinger do know what percentage of adults in your county have had at least one vaccine?
Closed Thread