Covid Vaccine Distribution

Status
Not open for further replies.
So convenient! Most curses won't work on you.

My nephew told her if she went through with getting the vaccine G-d would send her to Hell when she died. I'm Jewish. We don't have Hell

L'enfer, c'est les autres. - Jean-Paul Sartre

My state just announced that, beginning tomorrow, any eligible person can be vaccinated in Oklahoma without regard to state residency. Out-of-staters (and presumably, out-of-nationers (!)) can be vaccinated in Oklahoma so long as they're otherwise eligible.

I like the idea of a "ice cream/ vaccination van" . Anybody who gets a shot gets a cone of ice cream. Maybe they can play a tune, like "Hit Me with Your Best Shot" and people will flock to the van. :rolleyes: Obviously I am going crazy here.

No, you are very sane. I am thinking of all the people who despite their fears, political views, and suspicion of 'unnatural' modern medicine will give them up for a free ice cream. :D

No, you are very sane. I am thinking of all the people who despite their fears, political views, and suspicion of 'unnatural' modern medicine will give them up for a free ice cream. :D

Or make Krispy Kreme stores vaccination sites as they're already giving away a free donut with your vaccination shot!

Or make Krispy Kreme stores vaccination sites as they're already giving away a free donut with your vaccination shot!

Yup, that would definitely bring in some of the "hesitant" folks here in NC! :D

I didn't figure it would happen this fast, but I see that the accepting walk-ins is arriving now. My original plan was to wait for "the days of incentive", where the store bribes you with a gift card, but when the idea of getting out of the risk of suffering or worse, I went at the first available opportunity, which was across the state line, at a mass event. But I see that very soon, it's going to be "anyone that wants one"

We just got our second Pfizer shot, and for the 1st and 2nd shot they gave us coupons worth 10% off our next grocery order up to a value of $20. :dance:

We just got our second Pfizer shot, and for the 1st and 2nd shot they gave us coupons worth 10% off our next grocery order up to a value of $20. :dance:

Yeah, I almost forgot. CVS (Longs) gave us a vey nice discount coupon - forget the details, but we shop there often just for stuff (If I run out of room spray or flying insect spray, found IPA alcohol there recently, special greeting card, etc.) they have EVERYTHING. They're more expensive than Sams or Costco, but oh, so much closer and I always find a parking spot by the front door. Also, unlike Costco, I can get out of there with what I came for instead of $100 worth of other stuff. Heh, heh, they gave BOTH DW and me one of the coupons even though we went together! YMMV

I did, but my husband didn’t, although we were there at the same time.

His Pfizer hurt a bit, and I literally didn’t feel a thing.
I was lucky that day.

My Pfizer shot was a pretty good pinch. DH didn’t feel anything with his shot - different time and provider.

My Pfizer shot was a pretty good pinch. DH didn’t feel anything with his shot - different time and provider.

I have noticed that some med staff do better in giving shots than others. Megacorp at my site had a WWII nurse who would scare you because she shook as if her nerves were shot. But when she came in for the actual shot or blood draw, everything stabilized and she never missed a vein or caused any pain. Other folks in the same office were not as good nor as consistent. I always tried to arrange to get 'Margaret' for shots and blood work. She was an angel - with stories from hell. YMMV

My DD, 32 and her DH, 33 received the Pfizer vaccine today at 1:00. He started a new job in 07/2020 in PA. He has not been into the office yet. He is in IT. His office just went back recently, but he talked with his boss and stated that he was not planning on going in until after he received the Covid vaccine. So far, they have not made him go into the office.

My DD was on Facebook and someone posted that there were several empty appointments for a Covid vaccine event they were having in Cranberry PA. Her DH called and they were given 1:00 appointments and needed 31 minutes to get there and it was 12:05 then. She asked the next door neighbor if she would watch the two youngest children play outside, which they could do it from their porch. I am so happy that they have received their first shots.

DH and I got our 2nd Moderna shot today at the Anderson County TN Health Department pull through clinic.They were amazing. 5 minutes after we first pulled up we were already in the 15 minute wait line to watch for reactions,then off we went. Beautiful.

Just got Pfizer #2 from the health department at the county fairgrounds. Counting husband's shots, this is the fourth time we've been through their routine; it is as inefficient as ever, especially having to fill out a form while in line in one's car. But it's done, and the priceless (and easily counterfeited) little shot card is filled out.

Got my 2nd vaccine (Pfizer) as well. Quick and easy at a small town independent pharmacy. Almost 2 hours drive each way, but both times I checked in, and barely got comfy in a chair when my name was called. The 10 minute reaction time wait was the longest part of it. Nice to have that done. Waiting for the train wreck tomorrow, but so far I feel great.

I suppose there will be some counterfeiting of vaccine cards. Hopefully enough of us will be vaccinated to have herd immunity.

In my county it looks like we've reached the turning point where there are more vaccines then people signing up, the county currently has 2000 open appointments. Both J&J and Moderna available, I got my 2nd Moderna shot last week.

In my county it looks like we've reached the turning point where there are more vaccines then people signing up, the county currently has 2000 open appointments. Both J&J and Moderna available, I got my 2nd Moderna shot last week.

zinger do know what percentage of adults in your county have had at least one vaccine?

zinger do know what percentage of adults in your county have had at least one vaccine?

The numbers the county shows are based on the total population, not just adults, they show 33.5% of the people living in the county have received at least one dose. One interesting chart shown is the numbers by female/male in each age group, more females have gotten the shot in each age group. Not sure what to make of it.

Last edited:
The numbers the county shows are based on the total population, not just adults, they show 33.5% of the people living in the county have received at least one dose. One interesting chart shown is the numbers by female/male in each age group, more females have gotten the shot in each age group. Not sure what to make of it.

If 33.5% of total population has gotten one shot I would bet that around 50% of the over 16 people have gotten the first shot. As to more females than males getting the shot, as a female myself all I can say is that does not surprise me at all. :rolleyes:

More women than men have been eligible for the vaccine up to now. Older age groups skew female due to life expectancy differences, and there are also more women working in healthcare, teaching, and other front-line jobs that were prioritized highly. Now that the vaccines are mostly available to all adults we'll probably start to see the numbers getting closer to the overall population stats in many places.

There are reports of a lot of vaccines being left over in certain states or certain areas of certain states.

As one would expect, the rural areas aren't getting the same take-up as more metropolitan areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom