Global Entry interview deadline extended

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustCurious

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
For those who have been conditionally approved for Global Entry, also known as the Trusted Traveler Program, the CBP has extended the period of time that conditionally approved applications will remain active until you complete the interview. Normally you have 12 months from the date that you are conditionally approved to complete the interview, the deadline has been extended to 16 months.

In response to the COVID-19 outbreak, CBP extended the period of time that Trusted Traveler Program applications remain active. All applicants now have 485 days from the date of their application to complete the enrollment process. In addition, CBP will extend for up to 18 months the Trusted Traveler Program benefits of members who apply for renewal before their current membership expires.

https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/nation...y-closure-trusted-traveler-program-enrollment

For those who have been conditionally approved for Global Entry, also known as the Trusted Traveler Program, the CBP has extended the period of time that conditionally approved applications will remain active until you complete the interview. Normally you have 12 months from the date that you are conditionally approved to complete the interview, the deadline has been extended to 16 months.

In response to the COVID-19 outbreak, CBP extended the period of time that Trusted Traveler Program applications remain active. All applicants now have 485 days from the date of their application to complete the enrollment process. In addition, CBP will extend for up to 18 months the Trusted Traveler Program benefits of members who apply for renewal before their current membership expires.

https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/nation...y-closure-trusted-traveler-program-enrollment

great.... now if only they wouldnt delay passport renewals...
https://time.com/5815035/us-state-department-passports-stop/

I renewed my Global Entry last October and was given an interview date in April 2020. Grrr... But what I found out is that if you keep checking/trying to change the date, there will be near-in appointments that magically appear. Probably due to cancellations. So I ended up interviewing in December. DW went to schedule her interview and one of the near-in slots was open so she grabbed it.

I know they say that once you have renewed that your old Global Entry will remain good, but we had a South Africa trip planned for February and did not want to test that idea.

I did my interview at the airport when I came back from overseas, so I then cancelled my appointment which was scheduled almost a year out.

I renewed my Global Entry last October and was given an interview date in April 2020. Grrr... But what I found out is that if you keep checking/trying to change the date, there will be near-in appointments that magically appear. Probably due to cancellations. So I ended up interviewing in December. DW went to schedule her interview and one of the near-in slots was open so she grabbed it.

I know they say that once you have renewed that your old Global Entry will remain good, but we had a South Africa trip planned for February and did not want to test that idea.

You have to go in physically on a renewal:confused:?

You have to go in physically on a renewal:confused:?
Well, that did seem a little odd. Both DW and I had to schedule renewal interviews but she has a friend who did not. So maybe we are more suspicious characters? Doubly odd because the FBI has a pretty good file on me from the security clearances I have held.

Well, that did seem a little odd. Both DW and I had to schedule renewal interviews but she has a friend who did not. So maybe we are more suspicious characters? Doubly odd because the FBI has a pretty good file on me from the security clearances I have held.

LOL, DHS doesn't talk to the FBI about clearances. They don't even talk to themselves. At the time I first got Global Entry, I had an active clearance issued by DHS, and the agent doing the interview actually asked me if I could explain why my fingerprints were already on file! :facepalm:

We had a similar situation where DH had his interview scheduled a couple of weeks later than mine, and the agent told me he should have just come with me and they could have done both of us at the same time. So if anyone else finds themselves with a different time than their spouse, you might try just showing up at the first appointment.

LOL, DHS doesn't talk to the FBI about clearances. They don't even talk to themselves. At the time I first got Global Entry, I had an active clearance issued by DHS, and the agent doing the interview actually asked me if I could explain why my fingerprints were already on file! :facepalm:. ...
Funny. It seems they do talk to the FAA. The interviewer knew that I held a Commercial pilot certificate. I was kind of surprised by that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom