Join Early Retirement Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2021, 08:12 PM   #181
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I got my first shot of Moderna in mid March and pretty much all I had was a sore arm. It made sleeping difficult for the first few nights after the shot but that was about it. In a bit more than two weeks from now I get my second shot .

The first rule of compounding: Never interupt it unnecessarily. Charlie Munger
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-30-2021, 07:23 AM   #182
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

It's been almost three weeks now since I got my first Moderna shot... Like so many, I had a sore arm for the first several days. About a week after that I noticed I was getting a stiff neck. And now while the stiff neck symptoms have subsided, a few days ago I started to experience minor headaches and occasional symptoms of vertigo. It could be coincidental but I seldom get headaches and have never experienced vertigo before... While it could be a sinuses condition too (it is spring time) it makes me wonder.
Old 03-30-2021, 08:57 AM   #183

Good News--No Bad Side effects to Covid Vaccine

I got the Pfizer vaccine 2 weeks ago and didn’t even feel it go in. I did have a sore arm that evening and the next day. No other side effects. My next dose is in a week. I hear that’s the one I may have more side effects. My son had his second dose last Friday and it gave him a bad headache the following day. He had Pfizer also and is only 24. I’ll report back in a week re: my 2nd dose. My wife gets her Pfizer #2 two days after me.
Old 03-30-2021, 06:07 PM   #184

Has anyone who took vitamin D experienced bad side effects from the vaccine? I'm thinking vitamin D may ease side effects and I'm going to up my dosage leading up to the vaccine.
Old 03-30-2021, 06:18 PM   #185
Recycles dryer sheets

Had my 1st shot on Saturday: Pfizer. Had a sore arm, fatigue and headache about 8 hrs after shot, and a really hot night under the covers (not the kind to be happy about - but no fever). Tylenol helped with the headache, but still wasn't able to sleep much. Sunday I was much better, but still the sore arm and late in the day a headache. Headache was, again, better with some Tylenol; and I slept very soundly Sunday night. 2nd shot scheduled for 4/24.
Old 03-30-2021, 08:17 PM   #186
Give me a forum ...

I felt it go in! Pretty good pinch. Pfizer.
Old 03-31-2021, 12:11 AM   #187

DW and my Pfizer shots were given by paramedics.The first one, I wondered for a moment if I had been cheated! Never felt the needle. The second one, barely. What a wonder those incredibly small needles are! A long ways from the hollow 16 penny nails they used in the 50s and 60s

I have a new saying now... "instead of dealing with XXXXX (whatever distasteful task it may be), I'd rather go get a shot than deal with that!"
Old 03-31-2021, 12:23 AM   #188
Recycles dryer sheets

Got Covid in Mar 2020, moderate case unfortunately on a cruise ship in South America.

Got my second Pfizer shot this past Saturday, woke up Sunday with slight fever & headache, achy & tired. Only slightly sore arm. Tylenol helped. Lasted most of the day. Woke up Monday & felt great, symptoms resolved.

First shot only resulted in sore arm and slight fatigue. Glad to be done.
Old 03-31-2021, 04:26 AM   #189

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telly View Post
DW and my Pfizer shots were given by paramedics.The first one, I wondered for a moment if I had been cheated! Never felt the needle. The second one, barely. What a wonder those incredibly small needles are! A long ways from the hollow 16 penny nails they used in the 50s and 60s

I have a new saying now... "instead of dealing with XXXXX (whatever distasteful task it may be), I'd rather go get a shot than deal with that!"
My wife asked the doctor if he was sure there was a needle attached to the syringe! Both of us were surprised at the complete lack of pain from the injection itself, especially given that it was the Moderna vaccine, w/ substantially larger volume of liquid...
Old 03-31-2021, 04:41 AM   #190
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-Guy View Post
It's been almost three weeks now since I got my first Moderna shot... Like so many, I had a sore arm for the first several days. About a week after that I noticed I was getting a stiff neck. And now while the stiff neck symptoms have subsided, a few days ago I started to experience minor headaches and occasional symptoms of vertigo. It could be coincidental but I seldom get headaches and have never experienced vertigo before... While it could be a sinuses condition too (it is spring time) it makes me wonder.
I got the second dose of Moderna 4 weeks ago and started getting occasional vertigo a few days ago. No headache though.
Old 03-31-2021, 07:17 AM   #191
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronstar View Post
I got the second dose of Moderna 4 weeks ago and started getting occasional vertigo a few days ago. No headache though.
Sorry you experienced the vertigo too, but I'm glad to hear it's not just me... Actually I googled "vertigo and covid vaccines" and found it's being reported/discussed... Of course, it's easy to blame any symptoms on the vaccines after you get the shot(s), so who knows,,,,,,, yet.

For me the first day of the vertigo symptom was pretty bad. Almost debilitating.. Bad enough that I just stayed at home and sat in a chair all day. Now about 4 days after that started, it's seems to be a lot better. Hope that's about done!
Old 03-31-2021, 07:20 AM   #192

Quote:
Sorry you experienced the vertigo too, but I'm glad to hear it's not just me... Actually I googled "vertigo and covid vaccines" and found it's being reported/discussed... Of course, it's easy to blame any symptoms on the vaccines after you get the shot(s), so who knows,,,,,,, yet.
Nothing like that for me, and my second Moderna shot was five weeks ago. But all side effects are pretty individualistic, I think.
Old 03-31-2021, 07:28 AM   #193
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:

For me the first day of the vertigo symptom was pretty bad. Almost debilitating.. Bad enough that I just stayed at home and sat in a chair all day. Now about 4 days after that started, it's seems to be a lot better. Hope that's about done!
Mine is at its worst when I get out of bed. Any rapid changes in head movement set it off. I'm ok when I keep my head level. Today seems better than yesterday. Yesterday fatigue had set in also.
Old 03-31-2021, 07:33 AM   #194
Give me a forum ...

The vertigo is a real thing, I'm convinced of it. Mine lasted 4 days or so, and was very mild. I only experienced it with certain head movements (different than my normal BPPV) and sometimes while looking at the computer.

It is gone for the first shot. We'll see what happens on the second.

When you google this, you may land on some forums where people are screaming bloody murder. Time and time new people come onto that forum and ask if it went away. "Please respond and let us know if it goes away! I'm freaking out." I have yet to see a response yet. Why? Because it went away and the poster stopped going to that forum.

Old 03-31-2021, 07:46 AM   #195
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronstar View Post
Mine is at its worst when I get out of bed. Any rapid changes in head movement set it off. I'm ok when I keep my head level.
Bingo... You just described how it's been affecting me for the last ~3 days, but it does seem to be getting better each day.
Old 03-31-2021, 08:11 AM   #196
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeWras View Post
The vertigo is a real thing, I'm convinced of it. Mine lasted 4 days or so, and was very mild. I only experienced it with certain head movements (different than my normal BPPV) and sometimes while looking at the computer.

It is gone for the first shot. We'll see what happens on the second.

I'm scheduled to get my second shot next week. If the vertigo isn't 100% gone before that date comes around, I will delay it.

Reminds me of the old joke: "Doc", it hurts when I "do this"... What should I do about it?
Old 03-31-2021, 08:26 AM   #197
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyt View Post
Anybody here who has had covid AND gotten both shots? I have had covid and one shot. I'm thinking of not getting the second.
Yep, I had covid in early November, and just got my second shot yesterday morning at 9:45 AM. No reaction other than a very sore arm for the first shot, but the second one has knocked me for a loop.

It started around 10 last night (so about 12 hours after the shot) with every bone and muscle in my body hurting, and then chills, then over heated, and very thirsty, and having to piddle all the time and finally montezuma's revenge. Only a low fever of 99. I feel very sore and tired this morning - just finally got something into my tummy so I can take some tylenol. I feel almost as bad as when I actually had covid, except (so far, anyway!) I don't have the 104 degree fever I got for three days back then.

Thank goodness I am retired!! I can go back to bed and not worry about having to go to work (yay!)
Old 03-31-2021, 08:35 AM   #198

They're working on a test to see who's been vaccinated. When they develop it maybe it will tell you whether you need a second shot after the first one. I'm not sure if I'll get a second shot. I wear an N95 mask, don't go out much, take vitamin D, and I expect a better vaccine to come out that we'll all be told to get. I'll get that one.
Old 03-31-2021, 08:43 AM   #199
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyBlue View Post
Yep, I had covid in early November, and just got my second shot yesterday morning at 9:45 AM. No reaction other than a very sore arm for the first shot, but the second one has knocked me for a loop.

It started around 10 last night (so about 12 hours after the shot) with every bone and muscle in my body hurting, and then chills, then over heated, and very thirsty, and having to piddle all the time and finally montezuma's revenge. Only a low fever of 99. I feel very sore and tired this morning - just finally got something into my tummy so I can take some tylenol. I feel almost as bad as when I actually had covid, except (so far, anyway!) I don't have the 104 degree fever I got for three days back then.

Thank goodness I am retired!! I can go back to bed and not worry about having to go to work (yay!)

That's too bad and interesting that some ongoing research suggest that people that already had Covid only need one vaccination.
Old 03-31-2021, 09:32 AM   #200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boho View Post
Has anyone who took vitamin D experienced bad side effects from the vaccine? I'm thinking vitamin D may ease side effects and I'm going to up my dosage leading up to the vaccine.
I take vitamin D daily. I got my second Pfizer shot 2 days ago. With both I had a sore arm for a day, but other than that, no other side effects - at least not yet.
And whatever your labors and aspirations in the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul. With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.- Desiderata by Max Ehrmann
Closed Thread