Join Early Retirement Today

Old 07-31-2022, 04:07 PM   #141
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaJim57 View Post
After a total of four jab, late Friday night I tested positive for Covid with a home test from CVS. Started with dry scratchy throat, became a mild cough, mild runny nose, not a high fever (99). Am planning to call the doctor on Monday and ask her advice. I have of course self isolated. Who has got Covid after two vaccines and two boosters and how was it medically treated? How long did it last? Be well, all.
I had it, started 11 days ago, had 2nd booster 3 days prior to symptoms (4 shots all Moderna)
Day 1 Scratchy Throat
Day 2 Coughing, Night time chills
Day 3 Woke up felt better but runny nose, cough with phlegm and night sweat, Tested Positive (tested Day 1 and 2 was negative also PCR negative on day1) but isolated anyway
Day 3 had Plaxlovid prescription but waited to fill it
Day 4 felt 90% better just runny nose, decided did not need Plaxlovid
Day 5 felt normal maybe a little tired
Day 6-Tested Negative by Quickview but Positive by BianixNow
Day 7-10 Negative by Quickview but Positive by BianixNow
Day 11 Negative by BianixNow stopped isolation.

Wife never had symptoms and was always tested negative.
capjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-31-2022, 05:59 PM   #142
Recycles dryer sheets

I guess this would be my day two. I basically feel like I have the flu, but no stomach or intestinal issues. I am hoping I feel at least somewhat better tomorrow. I do not plan on getting the antiviral unless things go south.
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 07:37 PM   #143
Recycles dryer sheets

I tested positive for COVID June 20th after feeling like I had the flu the day before. Had body aches the night of the 19th severe enough that I couldn’t sleep. I had body aches for 3 days and started feeling better on the fourth day. I’ve had two doses of the Pfizer vaccine and one booster.
Old 08-01-2022, 07:23 AM   #144
Recycles dryer sheets

I am sure we had the same thing. Every muscle and bone in my body was aching the last two days, along with a headache. Cat napped off an on last night but the body aches made it very difficult. After my last cat nap early morning, I noticed that the aching all over had subsided and the headache is better, but not completely gone. Thank goodness! My head is still somewhat congested and I am sure I will be blowing my nose regularly. I am hoping I am over the hump!
Old 08-01-2022, 08:35 AM   #145
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by capjak View Post
I had it, started 11 days ago, had 2nd booster 3 days prior to symptoms (4 shots all Moderna)
Day 1 Scratchy Throat
Day 2 Coughing, Night time chills
Day 3 Woke up felt better but runny nose, cough with phlegm and night sweat, Tested Positive (tested Day 1 and 2 was negative also PCR negative on day1) but isolated anyway
Day 3 had Plaxlovid prescription but waited to fill it
Day 4 felt 90% better just runny nose, decided did not need Plaxlovid
Day 5 felt normal maybe a little tired
Day 6-Tested Negative by Quickview but Positive by BianixNow
Day 7-10 Negative by Quickview but Positive by BianixNow
Day 11 Negative by BianixNow stopped isolation.

Wife never had symptoms and was always tested negative.
I have not tested positive. I would rather not take Plaxlovid either. I have no symptoms or anything, but I'm thinking if I do get it in the next month before the new BA5 vaccine rolls out, I'll reject Plaxlovid. I don't need one more med to mess with my kidneys.

Ralph Waldo Emerson
Rianne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 09:40 AM   #146
Recycles dryer sheets

That is one reason I am not taking Plaxlovid right now. Plus, I read that at least one person had a rebound effect after the first five day treatment with Plaxlovid, and actually felt worse. I have not taken anything and seem to be getting better on my third day. Although I might have been better off yesterday taking something for the muscle and body aches.
Old 08-01-2022, 01:43 PM   #147
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
That is one reason I am not taking Plaxlovid right now. Plus, I read that at least one person had a rebound effect after the first five day treatment with Plaxlovid, and actually felt worse. I have not taken anything and seem to be getting better on my third day. Although I might have been better off yesterday taking something for the muscle and body aches.
I took Paxlovid and would do it again. I did have "rebound" positive test but no symptoms. The second positive test hung around for quite a while...and of course when I was overseas. No worries though; being retired, I wasn't in a rush to get home.
Old 08-04-2022, 06:10 AM   #148

I don't have Covid. I had J&J for first dose and first booster. Yesterday, I had Moderna for booster #2. Headaches, every muscle and joint has a dull pain, deep inhale is not good. I knew that these are all potential side effects. Just letting you know my experience.
Z3Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 09:41 AM   #149

All Moderna, 2 shots and 1 booster. Age 64. No reaction to vaccines.

Had congestion about 2 months ago after a cruise, and since I had a stack of free test kits. I took one. Strong Covid sample line.

It lasted 6 days. Felt like a mild to moderate cold. Congestion was the only sympton most of the time, plus 2 days of physical exhaustion in the middle.
Old 08-04-2022, 09:57 AM   #150
Recycles dryer sheets

I am on day 6 since first symptoms and I feel almost back to normal. Still a little head congestion, that is all. I retested today and am still positive. Using the free government Roche test kit. My question is how long did it take for you to retest negative. I assume I have the BA 5 strain. I am very tired of isolation.
Old 08-04-2022, 09:31 PM   #151

Quote:
I am on day 6 since first symptoms and I feel almost back to normal. Still a little head congestion, that is all. I retested today and am still positive. Using the free government Roche test kit. My question is how long did it take for you to retest negative. I assume I have the BA 5 strain. I am very tired of isolation.
tested negative day 7
Old 08-05-2022, 07:45 AM   #152
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyclingInvestor View Post
tested negative day 7

Thanks! Today is my day 7. I still tested positive yesterday. I think I will wait till Monday morning to test again.
Old 08-05-2022, 09:21 AM   #153

Quote:
Thanks! Today is my day 7. I still tested positive yesterday. I think I will wait till Monday morning to test again.
Still testing positive, but how do you feel? I understand isolating to protect others but am also concerned about the actual recovery.

Ralph Waldo Emerson
Rianne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 09:29 AM   #154
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rianne View Post
Still testing positive, but how do you feel? I understand isolating to protect others but am also concerned about the actual recovery.

I feel good! Probably 95%. I have a little sinus congestion with some drainage. Not unlike allergy issues. However, the achy body and fatigue is gone. Hoping it will all be gone in a day or two.
Old 08-05-2022, 09:42 AM   #155
Give me a forum ...

Don’t skimp on the rest!

Apparently trying to do too much can extend your infection.
Old 08-05-2022, 04:08 PM   #156
Give me a forum ...

Tested positive today, saw urgent care outdoors and declined Paxlovid. Feels like a cold. Double vaxed and boosted with Moderna. Probably picked up on the way back home from Europe starting Tuesday.
MRG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 04:46 PM   #157
Recycles dryer sheets

Best wishes MRG! From what I understand, the new variants have a 3 to 5 day incubation period. You probably did catch it on your trip home.
Old 08-07-2022, 10:42 PM   #158

A good friend just returned from a Mediterranean cruise, about 3 weeks. She tested positive the day after landing at home. Vaxxed and double boosted. She got paxlovid and her symptoms improved within 2 days. Tested negative 4 days later. Her husband had COVID shortly before their trip and did not catch it again.
Scuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 06:45 AM   #159

Tested positive after getting home from California Saturday, felt like I was beaten with a ball bat. No fever, minor runny nose, no trouble breathing, just body aches. I figured I'd get it sooner or later, I'm unvaxxed. DW tests negative, she's unvaxxed, also. I'm supposed to have 6 month checkup on Wednesday, will call to get medical advice/cancel appointment.
Old 08-14-2022, 10:07 AM   #160

Finally tested negative after 1 week; felt achy first few days but generally asymptomatic all week. My PCP's nurse said to take it easy, take OTC pain medication if needed. I did abstain from all wine this past week, which is a medical miracle in itself.