Lessons Learned

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have problems with melatonin. After a few days, it stops promoting sleep and starts interfering with sleep. Last nite was nite 3 of my taking melatonin. First 2 nights were fine. Last night, I was wide awake after 3.5 hours.

It's always like this for me.

Ya, I guess everyone's different. DH says it gives him vivid dreams and he sometimes feels a little groggy the next day. I've taken it nightly for months at a time with no undesirable effects. At least none that I'm aware of yet!

Ya, I guess everyone's different. DH says it gives him vivid dreams and he sometimes feels a little groggy the next day. I've taken it nightly for months at a time with no undesirable effects. At least none that I'm aware of yet!

+1

I've found melatonin helps me get to sleep quickly and sleep later, but not if I take too much. I have a bottle of 3 mg tablets that I break into quarters. The resulting ~0.75 mg dose works well for me. More than that and I have some very strange dreams!

bobbyr, thank you so much for posting this. I hope you continue to improve.

All this stuff about oxygen, etc is so new to most of us, there is so much to learn and take in. And the bad thing is that you could not have your wife or anyone in the hospital to be your advocate and take notes, etc. When my DH was in the hospital a few years ago I was by his side, taking notes, making sure he was taken well care of. One of the scary things about being in the hospital now with Covid is that you are there alone.

Last edited:
bobbyr, thank you so much for posting this. I hope you continue to improve.

All this stuff about oxygen, etc is so new to most of us, there is so much to learn and take in. And the bad thing is that you could not have your wife or anyone in the hospital to be your advocate and take notes, etc. When my DH was in the hospital a few years ago I was by his side, taking notes, making sure he was taken well care of. One of the scary things about being in the hospital now with Covid is that you are there alone.

Glad to post it.

I agree about not being able to have SO there. My wife brought by little care packages almost every day, but I wish she could have been here to catch all the details. It is scary and lonely. I can now hug her (past quarantine) and went to see my 91 yr old mom today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom