Many of you don't w*rk but . . .u ready to go back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

badatmath

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I couldn't think of a catchy title, but I am expected to go back to w*rk soon. (Of course that may change).

I will sit much less than 6 feet from any coworkers. . .

Not sure how comfortable I am with that at this stage.

We have had one that I know of with the virus.

I celebrate 7 years of sanity in May. As much as I love a good sh*tstorm, no thanks.

Frankly I don't feel we know enough today to say what is safe. In my youth I wouldn't have been likely to sit out. Today I would. Perhaps in a few weeks we will see what works given our current precautions. Ideally after we stabilize an area(whatever that means) could go back and after a period others began to phase in.

13 years retired at the end of the month. My brain is too rusty to work anywhere. I guess I could shovel dog poop at a kennel.

I was done working when I retired 11 years ago at age 45. The closest thing to work (for money) I have done since then has been some small compensation for the volunteer work for some area schools I do and for the portfolio management assistance and tax return preparation I do for my (snake-bit) friend. Together, it is about $250 cash per year, enough to put gas in my car for the year. It's mostly "fun" work.

Oh I meant as opposed to WFH. Going back to the office around all the little potential infections. . .

Probably not the best way to word that on a RE board.

Go back and risk my health, no thanks. Out 5.5 years with no plans on going back.

I retired in January and would not even think about it. I am loving life . I see what all the fuss is about now.

I was just laid off this past Friday (from a 10 hour a week part time gig.). Sadly, I actually like the gig. Happily, I qualify for unemployment - and have no intentions of looking for anything else.

No way, nope, never, not gonna happen. And the way you describe it, being less than 6 feet from people? That's flat out dangerous right now, especially for those in the vulnerable group like many of us are. Would I risk my life for a few bucks? No, I haven't lost my mind entirely, YET.

I wouldn't even want to work from home. I did my time and now I am OUT.... :D

:dance:

Nope, no way, not gonna do it. Only 15 months into retirement, but enjoying leisure, peace, and life, despite the times. Truly a blessing.

No way, nope, never, not gonna happen. And the way you describe it, being less than 6 feet from people? That's flat out dangerous right now, especially for those in the vulnerable group like many of us are. Would I risk my life for a few bucks? No, I haven't lost my mind entirely, YET.
:dance:

Wondering if this will push some out that can retire. I am waiting to qualify for retiree health. . . Or that is what I THOUGHT I was doing. But the thought of being crammed into a building full of potentially sick people in the next week . . . uh. . . . Not so much. Of course it may extend.

RE 3 years on Tues. I have no plans to go back, but would help out if asked (not likely).

I couldn't think of a catchy title, but I am expected to go back to w*rk soon. (Of course that may change).

I will sit much less than 6 feet from any coworkers. . .

Not sure how comfortable I am with that at this stage.

We have had one that I know of with the virus.

Why are you doing this? Is your employer requiring it?

Finishing up Week 1 of working from home. Not surprisingly, I'm in a lot more meetings than before...

Ha ha. I read this title like most of you: Heck no I'm not going back, despite my portfolio tanking.

But poor badatmath asks innocently about those still w*rking, and now are WFH. Nobody really answered.

badatmath: if I were you, I'd push to keep WFH for as long as possible, especially if you are working around reckless spring breaker types. I know all my Megacorps through my career would support that. I'm fortunate. But retail workers have no choice. My niece is on the front lines at Costco. She's becoming a hero to me!

Nope. Not gonna happen. Stick a fork in me I'm done.

Same here. Retired 32 months ago at 57 and will never work again.
Not to mention no one would hire me now in my former line of work and a greeter just wouldn't cut it.

My son insisted on working from home full time 2 weeks ago and they granted it. He has had double pneumonia in the past, but in general most of his colleagues are still going to the ofiice.

I'm "teleworking" but not much I can do but pursue online continuing ed... Happy to be getting paid and not going in is nice (especially as I'm in a holding pattern on my FIRE date through the end of the year now given the COVID mess). I'm not really free and certainly not very productive (feel a moral obligation to do workish stuff and can't really engage in any big projects since I've still got the pull of my boss at any moment I'm supposed to be working -even though I have no tasks I can work). Not much else to do in this shut down world though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom