Join Early Retirement Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2020, 01:49 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystang52 View Post
I'm still running (solo) outside, and even though NJ has some strict guidelines, solo exercising is still approved. But I'm waiting for a further crackdown -so today I plotted out a run from front of my driveway to the perimeter of my backyard. A mere 16 laps or so = 1 mile. I try to do at least 3 miles, so yikes that'll be 48 laps if I don't die of boredom.
In my early days in the Air Force, I was stationed at a northern base and my annual physical fitness test came due in January. The only place they could conduct it was in the base gym. We had to run 1.5 miles in a certain time, which was 27 laps around the basketball court. Let me tell you, it was a horrible experience, both for the runners and the poor guy counting our laps.
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-02-2020, 07:37 PM   #22
Recycles dryer sheets

Some friends contacted us today to play on an one of the few pickleball courts still accessable.

My wife politely said no. We are staying healthy at home. Safe distance but ball contact. Plus sets a bad example.

We created a bastardized court in front of the garage door with chalk lines and net line on the door. Skinny singles off a wall is a surprisingly good workout. Lots of sweat.

Plus I resurected the old cheap weight set and moved it outside now that weather is nicer. Not the gym but it's nice to lift in the sunshine.
Old 04-03-2020, 09:02 AM   #23
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

I found a new challenge. In researching the history of RHumba, discovered the origins as Son Cubano. Having watched the video,
My new challenge is to be able to do what the male partner does.

A tall order for a 70+yo, but will give it good try. Give it a year or two