Join Early Retirement Today
View Poll Results: Are You Ready To Return To Your Fav Dine In Restaurant (see Assumption in OP)?
Iíd be back within 2 weeks 67 22.19%
Iíd be back within 2 months 40 13.25%
Itíll be longer than 2 months for us 149 49.34%
I donít go to dine in restaurants regularly 46 15.23%
Voters: 302. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2020, 08:40 AM   #261
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rianne View Post
I'm completely conflicted. DH played golf for 3 hours then went to an outdoor restaurant/bar for 4 hours with friends. He came home tipsy, that part's fine. But 4 hours in the outdoor bar/restaurant. Just the guys, hanging out laughing, talking...whatever. I can't decide if I"m OK with that. What if?
Wow, 4 hours at a restaurant/bar drinking, etc.? That would not be OK with me even before Covid! You say he came home "tipsy"--did he drive home? I am sure with drinking involved there was no social distancing. Do you live in an area with many cases, etc? What is your ages, health, are either of you high risk? I guess at this point the only thing you can do is isolate yourself from him for 14 days. But is this going to be a common occurrence?
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-25-2020, 08:52 AM   #262

Quote:
Originally Posted by harllee View Post
Wow, 4 hours at a restaurant/bar drinking, etc.? That would not be OK with me even before Covid! You say he came home "tipsy"--did he drive home? I am sure with drinking involved there was no social distancing. Do you live in an area with many cases, etc? What is your ages, health, are either of you high risk? I guess at this point the only thing you can do is isolate yourself from him for 14 days. But is this going to be a common occurrence?
We're 62. I'm at high risk with polycystic kidney disease. We can physically distance in our home. He seemed to think outdoors, 6 ft. apart at an outdoor table was OK. We've had 2 recent deaths from Covid, one man 40 and one 38, both no health conditions. Over 800 cases in our county of 200,000.
Old 06-25-2020, 09:29 AM   #263
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
We're 62. I'm at high risk with polycystic kidney disease. We can physically distance in our home. He seemed to think outdoors, 6 ft. apart at an outdoor table was OK. We've had 2 recent deaths from Covid, one man 40 and one 38, both no health conditions. Over 800 cases in our county of 200,000.
Severe obesity is an underlying health condition...

Target AA: 50% equity funds / 30% bond funds / 20% cash
Target WR: Approx 2.5% Approx 20% SI (secure income, SS only)
Old 06-25-2020, 09:34 AM   #264

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moemg View Post
In Sarasota and Mantee County Florida several restaurants have closed for employees having Covid . These were very nice restaurants who followed all the guidelines.
What does it matter if the restaurants are following all the guidelines if the employees are not social distancing or wearing masks while on their own time.

Cheers!
Old 06-25-2020, 09:53 AM   #265
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
What does it matter if the restaurants are following all the guidelines if the employees are not social distancing or wearing masks while on their own time.

Cheers!
True ! Florida is a hot bed right now .Just when we thought things were getting better they are getting worse .
Old 06-25-2020, 10:12 AM   #266
Give me a forum ...

Quote:

Cheers!
It still makes a difference. An infected person wearing a mask reduces transmission quite a bit.
Old 06-25-2020, 10:14 AM   #267
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
I'm completely conflicted. DH played golf for 3 hours then went to an outdoor restaurant/bar for 4 hours with friends. He came home tipsy, that part's fine. But 4 hours in the outdoor bar/restaurant. Just the guys, hanging out laughing, talking...whatever. I can't decide if I"m OK with that. What if?
Gosh, I have no idea what I would do in your shoes if my spouse was unwilling to socially distance/behave responsibly when out on his own.

If his buddies were really 6 feet away from him - maybe it’s OK, but drinking, laughing, etc. for hours. Gosh that doesn’t sound very safe.
Old 06-25-2020, 10:17 AM   #268

Quote:

Cheers!
but that's the whole point. An infected person - masked - is safer for you to interact with a non-masked infected person.

And, to be remotely diligent, we have to assume every single person outside our household may well be infected. I have to assume that everyone at the store, the restaurant, anyone I let into my circle, could well be carrying the virus.
Old 06-25-2020, 10:54 AM   #269

Quote:
Rianne, you are in a tough spot. My DH is high risk (psoriatic arthritis) and I am doing everything I can to keep him safe because I don't want to lose him. I have turned down several social invitations to protect him.

Rianne, I am sorry about your situation. Is a physical separation during this time a possibility? Do you have a separate part of the house you could move into? Or maybe temporarily move in with a friend or family?
Old 06-25-2020, 10:57 AM   #270
Give me a forum ...

Rianne, your husband was outside having a good time. We are seeing our friends and going to restaurants with outside dining. People can only isolate for so long. We aren’t going into crowds of course but this seems reasonable.
Old 06-25-2020, 12:10 PM   #271
Give me a forum ...

Rianne , I would give him a one time pass . He probably needed a little touch of his old reality .I think we all need that occasionally
Old 06-25-2020, 01:27 PM   #272

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moemg View Post
Rianne , I would give him a one time pass . He probably needed a little touch of his old reality .I think we all need that occasionally
I would agree with this if he is contrite, and realizes he's put them both at risk, and is apologetic. Has he asked for a one time pass or a season pass?

If there's a disconnect between what Rianne and her DH now consider acceptable, there's a long conversation to be had.

I have been wondering what would happen - as I'm sure is happening in many homes - when partners aren't on the same page for covid-re-entry. It's bound to create some conflicts. I'm personally a little less risk-averse than DH, but I figure his comfort level is where we set the bar. But as for restaurants, he's happy to go outside to our sushi place each week, and that works for me.
Old 06-25-2020, 01:47 PM   #273
Give me a forum ...

Definitely sounds like a conversation is warranted. Luckily my husband and I are on the same page. I don’t think he has to apologize for anything unless he violated a agreement. Totally don’t understand one poster who said she would have been mad before Covid. My ex was controlling and adults get to manage themselves.
Old 06-25-2020, 02:07 PM   #274

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
Definitely sounds like a conversation is warranted. Luckily my husband and I are on the same page. I donít think he has to apologize for anything unless he violated a agreement. Totally donít understand one poster who said she would have been mad before Covid. My ex was controlling and adults get to manage themselves.
I am the person that said I would have been mad even before Covid-19 and that was because he came home "tipsy" and I assumed he was driving. Maybe I assumed wrong and he was not driving. I am very much against drinking and driving.
Old 06-25-2020, 02:08 PM   #275
Give me a forum ...

Harley, totally agree about the drinking and driving. I just assumed he used uber.
Old 06-25-2020, 02:14 PM   #276

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
Harley, totally agree about the drinking and driving. I just assumed he used uber.
Well he went to play golf and then to the restaurant /bar. I guess people use Uber to go to a golf course but I have never seen it.
Old 06-25-2020, 04:07 PM   #277
Give me a forum ...

You drink too much and leave your car at the restaurant . You uber home and get it the next day.
Old 06-26-2020, 01:20 AM   #278
Give me a forum ...

Hot weather here in Bay Area and restaurants opened up outdoor dining but some places the tables are close together.

They may shut it down since CA is seeing increasing cases in the last 2 weeks.
Old 06-26-2020, 03:41 AM   #279
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midpack View Post
Severe obesity is an underlying health condition...
Why do you mention severe obesity when they posted no health conditions for the 40 and 38 year olds who died? Don’t you think severe obesity would have been included as an underlying health condition in those cases?
Old 06-26-2020, 04:41 AM   #280
Recycles dryer sheets

CDC has just added mild obesity to the list of risk factors. Has also removed ages 65 and up to be replaced by risk by increasing age.
Closed Thread