• No, and I’m not anxious to get vaccinated

Votes: 45 11.9%
  • Completed single dose version

Votes: 8 2.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope.

There will be new shots due to variants that are so different this shot does not work well , but in reality I don't think these are boosters. As the thing we are protecting against is not the exact same as before. Unlike a Tetanus booster.

Just a new shot really, but it probably makes folks feel comfortable to call it a booster.
So should I wait for that to come out? If this 1&done won't be effective maybe it's a good thing I can't get it

I've been told that, as of Monday I'll be able to register....when I'll get the actual shot isn't so clear (yet).

DW? Who knows what they do with these 'young folks'?

So should I wait for that to come out? If this 1&done won't be effective maybe it's a good thing I can't get it
The danger of waiting for a vaccine that is 100% effective against all strains is that you may catch the virus and have serious consequences, when it could've been avoided or the effects minimized by an existing vaccine.

Getting second dose of Pfizer on Monday. Woo-Hoo!

DW and I drove 75 miles for 1st Pfizer shot on Monday 15th. 2nd scheduled for April 5th.

DD, 20, scheduled for Monday 29th, first day of open eligibility in Ohio

ETA: both of us had slight injection point ache overnight. I recommend getting in non-sleeping side if you are a side sleeper.

Last edited:
I got my first appointment for Pfizer scheduled for Wednesday at a local-ish CVS. They scheduled me for the 2nd one right after I chose my first appointment.

I'm in the 50-64 age group (1c) in Texas which became eligible 3/15. Austin Public Health said they would release no vaccines for this group until 3/22, but then back-tracked. I had my Pfizer shot 3/17, with an appointment for the second on 4/7, through UT Dell Medical on the UT-Austin campus. It was very well organized.

I feel like a veil has been lifted - the end of a Rip Van Winkle year!

Besides, there will likely be booster shots and yearly shots to catch us all up on new strains.

The danger of waiting for a vaccine that is 100% effective against all strains is that you may catch the virus and have serious consequences, when it could've been avoided or the effects minimized by an existing vaccine.

My first Pfizer shot yesterday - 2nd shot scheduled for 4/21

Frankly I’m sick of people asking me if I have had the vaccine. My answer from now on is going to be “ my health records are private”.

Prior, some people would beg me to get the vaccine so I wouldn’t die or accuse me of thinking the virus was not real. Geez. The virus has a hospitalization rate of 1-5 % and I have a multitude of reasons I choose not get it to at this time.

And I want to throw up when I see people wearing buttons or using photo frames that state they’ve been vaccinated.

The vaxholes are just as bad as the maskholes with their virtue signaling.

Anyway, if people think the vaccine is a get out of jail card read this:

https://www.newsday.com/opinion/cor...-coronavirus-safety-measures-masks-1.50193332

Frankly I’m sick of people asking me if I have had the vaccine. My answer from now on is going to be “ my health records are private”.

Prior, some people would beg me to get the vaccine so I wouldn’t die or accuse me of thinking the virus was not real. Geez. The virus has a hospitalization rate of 1-5 % and I have a multitude of reasons I choose not get it to at this time.

And I want to throw up when I see people wearing buttons or using photo frames that state they’ve been vaccinated.

The vaxholes are just as bad as the maskholes with their virtue signaling.

Anyway, if people think the vaccine is a get out of jail card read this:

https://www.newsday.com/opinion/cor...-coronavirus-safety-measures-masks-1.50193332

Alright then, don't do anything to mitigate the possible spread of Covid. If you do get sick I hope you aren't among the unlucky ones who get seriously ill and or die. AFIK there isn't really a way to guarantee that won't happen. . But you cross the line when you say people are virture signalling about being vaccinated. Shame on people you know being concerned and hoping you are protecting yourself..

When I got my second vaccine the drugstore gave me a sticker that said I got my Covid vaccination which I wore to Home Depot. Thankfully no one threw up around me upon seeing my sticker.

Interesting that the word "Vaxhole," meaning someone who gets vaccinated and then brags about it, has made it into common usage (which is why I looked it up in UD):

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=vaxhole

So much anger going around, for that to be a word.

Good grief I agree with you. I have only shared my vaccine history with family members who worry about us or family and friends that are hunting for vaccine.

Covid ruined this county in more ways then I can count. I hope for brighter days around the corner.

Good grief I agree with you. I have only shared my vaccine history with family members who worry about us or family and friends that are hunting for vaccine.

Sorry, I'm not able to tell you because of HIPAA. :LOL:

Alright then, don't do anything to mitigate the possible spread of Covid. If you do get sick I hope you aren't among the unlucky ones who get seriously ill and or die. AFIK there isn't really a way to guarantee that won't happen. . But you cross the line when you say people are virture signalling about being vaccinated. Shame on people you know being concerned and hoping you are protecting yourself..

When I got my second vaccine the drugstore gave me a sticker that said I got my Covid vaccination which I wore to Home Depot. Thankfully no one threw up around me upon seeing my sticker.

^^^^^^^

And there it is...............

^^^^^^^

And there it is...............

Got ya so anybody in favor of vaccines is virtue signaling.. no wonder you see so much of it around. How many people actually begged you get vaccinated so "you wouldn't die" .. a round number is fine.

We get vaccinated for ourselves and not to signal how virtuous we are.

Saying you want to throw up when you see a I got vaccinated sticker is pretty over the top.

Last edited:
Mod note: We're getting pretty far afield from the thread topic, so maybe stop the back and forth now, OK?

Got ya so anybody in favor of vaccines is virtue signaling.. no wonder you see so much of it around. How many people actually begged you get vaccinated so "you wouldn't die" .. a round number is fine.

We get vaccinated for ourselves and not to signal how virtuous we are.

Saying you want to throw up when you see a I got vaccinated sticker is pretty over the top.

Ummmmm.,,,,no. In fact my husband was vaccinated. Try again.

And before you go there / a relative of mine passed from the virus- she was terminally ill. Another cousin was hospitalized and is fine now thankfully. And I know about 10 others - all older age like me- who have had it and it was like having a two day flu.

Ummmmm.,,,,no. In fact my husband was vaccinated. Try again.

And before you go there / a relative of mine passed from the virus- she was terminally ill. Another cousin was hospitalized and is fine now thankfully. And I know about 10 others - all older age like me- who have had it and it was like having a two day flu.

I wish you nothing but good health.

Our state is doing a big ramp with a lot of J and J coming online this week. I think we were rated near the top nationally in % of available doses in the arms. But under 65 without underlying health conditions are still not eligible.

My state is open to everyone next Monday (3/29).

I am 50 and got my first Pfizer. Wife is 51 and got Moderna.

They are having trouble filling the available time slots. It might be an awareness/marketing issue.

Another month and I think we will be looking at a surplus of vaccine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom