Poll: How many rolls of toilet paper do you have?

How many rolls of toilet paper do you have on hand?

• 12 or less

Votes: 72 20.5%
  • 13 - 24

Votes: 99 28.1%
  • 25 - 48

Votes: 91 25.9%
  • 49 - 96

Votes: 55 15.6%
  • 97 - 144

Votes: 15 4.3%
  • I can't count that high

Votes: 9 2.6%
  • NYDB

Votes: 11 3.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just go to CVS a few times and save their receipts.

LANGUAGE ALERT! LANGUAGE ALERT! POTTY MOUTH ALERT! POTTY MOUTH ALERT!

My favorite scene from Demolition Man

I guess we'll all figure out something if TP becomes chronically unavailable.

Oh, and I just did an inventory. We have at least 180 (double or triple rolls - not sure which). Costco had a big sale BEFORE the SHTF over COVID-19. We stocked up as interest rates (received) are so low that 10% to 20% off sales are MUCH more attractive than the best on-line bank (or Penfed) savings rates. YMMV

Just go to CVS a few times and save their receipts.

:LOL: yep. That’ll work. Pay for one item at a time and you’ll be set for quite awhile.

Someone at the pool was speculating that people were loading up on TP in case they ended up quarantined.

But how much TP can one use in 14 days? :LOL:

I just don’t understand this obsession with TP. DW and I did errands today and every single cart we saw at Kroger had TP in it. One lady was walking to the checkout clutching as many rolls as she could carry. Later, at Home Depot, we saw the same thing. We don’t shop at Sam’s but their parking lot was full, and surely TP was high on many shopping lists. Is this disease supposed to give one the runs?

And don’t get me started on bottled water.

Someone at the pool was speculating that people were loading up on TP in case they ended up quarantined.

But how much TP can one use in 14 days? :LOL:

A lot as first there is the 14 days quarantine, and then it could turn out you actually get sick, which can last a few weeks and in that time there is the "runs".

So it could be 5 weeks with a week or so of heavy paper usage. Then your spouse catches it and you start the quarantine over for 14 days, and they enjoy the 5 week process.

So I estimate it could turn out to be 2+5+2 = 9 wks (you could go out on a tp errand while spouse is sick for 3 more wks).

9x7= 63 rolls needed at a minimum

I have 50 rolls of toilet paper right now.

Have I got a ROI for you!

On a whim I looked on Amazon to see what the prices were, figured it might be a little more than local because of shipping and all. Yeah, it's a little more all right.

I don't even want to think what it's like over on eBay.....

Attachments

• gouging.JPG
    gouging.JPG
    134.4 KB · Views: 22
Reactions: W2R
About 10, but I'm on carnivore, so I poop very little. That should last me for a couple months. If worse comes to worse, I can always go in the back yard and hose myself off.

I still don't understand why people are buying up toilet paper. Why toilet paper? What is that going to do, besides wipe your ass? I mean, we're talking about maybe getting a virus. Ok, so you might need a couple extra rolls. I really don't get why people are hoarding it.

This "disposable" society has us forgetting about using cloth diapers for babies. Scrape out and into a hot wash cycle, reuse.

So... if one would run out of TP, sacrifice a few towels, cut them up, pass out to household members, and have them use, wash, reuse.

I've got about 300 regular sized rolls equivalent. But I bought most of these back in January and the last pack about 2 weeks ago. And that's to wipe only one butt.

My bff gave me a case of tp for Christmas from Who Gives a Crap. And we'd just bought a block from Costco.

We have enough toilet paper for the year... but not due to hoarding.

Don't understand it, but at Costco yesterday every cart seemed to have TP in it.
So of course I then got some -not allowing hoarders leave me without!

Have I got a ROI for you!

On a whim I looked on Amazon to see what the prices were, figured it might be a little more than local because of shipping and all. Yeah, it's a little more all right.

I don't even want to think what it's like over on eBay.....

Good gosh! Here's what I paid for my last dozen rolls from Amazon Prime in mid February (by now they're out of stock, plus the listed price has gone up considerably even if they weren't out).

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    27.5 KB · Views: 32
We’re on the road, and the hotel rooms normally have 2 rolls.

If I ever run out, tree leaves work well. But not corn leaves. One side is very rough and scratchy.

A lot as first there is the 14 days quarantine, and then it could turn out you actually get sick, which can last a few weeks and in that time there is the "runs".

So it could be 5 weeks with a week or so of heavy paper usage. Then your spouse catches it and you start the quarantine over for 14 days, and they enjoy the 5 week process.

So I estimate it could turn out to be 2+5+2 = 9 wks (you could go out on a tp errand while spouse is sick for 3 more wks).

9x7= 63 rolls needed at a minimum

I'm not sure I understand. Are you saying you need 7 rolls or TP per week? I use one roll every 2-4 weeks. Who TF uses a roll of TP every day or two?

This is getting to be ridiculous. Toilet paper has run out in most stores and people are selling them online with huge mark-ups. We have about 70 day supply but I ordered online from a restaurant/industrial supply store (much better prices that Costco) and hopefully they will be able to ship next week. Unfortunately (or not), I had to buy in bulk (192 rolls) which will last a long time and we can avoid this insanity.

I'm not sure I understand. Are you saying you need 7 rolls or TP per week? I use one roll every 2-4 weeks. Who TF uses a roll of TP every day or two?
^ It will come as no surprise to anyone reading the above than aaron is a single guy, living in a residence with no females. :)

^ It will come as no surprise to anyone reading the above than aaron is a single guy, living in a residence with no females. :)
Well, since mine neither stinks nor sticks, I don't need any.

Probably time to close the poll - we have a winner:

(Reuters) - An Australian family is rolling in a much-coveted commodity after mistakenly ordering 48 boxes instead of 48 rolls of toilet paper online.

That works out at 2,304 toilet paper rolls for Haidee Janetzki and her family at a time when panic buying due to the coronavirus outbreak has caused major grocers in Australia to restrict supplies to a pack a person.

Janetzki thought she had placed her regular order from online retailer Who Gives a Crap last month and failed to notice the massive credit card bill until the pallets were delivered to her home in southern Queensland state.

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-...y-over-orders-coveted-commodity-idUSKBN20T1BL

I'm really impressed.
Maybe you work and actually "go" at work, if so you should really count that in your usage, because that is how it will be if quarantined.

Perhaps you also have a bidet ?

Maybe you only eat meat ?

Whatever it is, I'm really impressed. :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom