Poll:Would you get vaccinated?

Will you get a Covid vaccine?

• I'll be first in line!

Votes: 57 26.9%
  • Think I'll wait a few to see if there's any issues.

Votes: 141 66.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 12 5.7%
  • No. I don't get any vaccines.

Votes: 4 1.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's been talk of immunity passports and such.

UK is talking about imposing a 14-day quarantine. I think many countries which have "defeated" the coronavirus still impose quarantines for visitors, such as Australia and NZ.

So documentation of vaccination might allow you to enter some countries without being quarantined.

You'd be voluntarily getting vaccinated but it's a de facto mandatory imposition to get vaccinated.

I never get flu shots but I’d get this vaccine. Maybe not first, but I’d get it. There are some illnesses that I’d rather not risk getting. I would also get the shingles vaccine because my dad had shingles shortly before he died, and I saw first hand how awful shingles is.

I'd like to see those who work with the general public get first shot (no pun intended) at a vaccine. Just for their protection. I can stay home or have limited traveling until the first or second wave is done. However, I have no qualms about having the vaccine when it is ready.

The number of people in this thread indicating they will either wait or just flat not get a COVID-19 vaccine is pretty dismaying.

When we get back in-country, this is one of many reasons we will be grabbing an RV and heading to the backcountry, as far away from the 'madding crowd' as we can. When vaccines arrive or effective treatment is ubiquitous then maybe we'll let our masks down, so to speak...

The number of people in this thread indicating they will either wait or just flat not get a COVID-19 vaccine is pretty dismaying.

When we get back in-country, this is one of many reasons we will be grabbing an RV and heading to the backcountry, as far away from the 'madding crowd' as we can. When vaccines arrive or effective treatment is ubiquitous then maybe we'll let our masks down, so to speak...

any experiece in RVs? if not you might want to join the IRV2 forum, search the archives or start reading posts.

http://www.irv2.com

I foresee a lot of profit to be made on the makers of the vaccine(s). The first out of the gate will have a path paved in gold. Call me sarcastic. The market jumped May 18th just with the mention of a vaccine by a particular company. I wonder how effective the vaccine really may be in a case driven by profit and first to be out the door? If I get the vaccine and still get the virus what may be the legal implications?

Maybe we could have all the potential vaccines compete on an episode of 'Shark Tank' or one of those other business competition shows. (just kidding -I actually have this fear of something like that happening, where each country or alliance block has their own vaccine, and they will all be competing on the black market).

I would not get that worked up. There is no vaccine. There won't be a vaccine for at least a year and maybe never. This is spitballing.

I hear you my friend. When I joined the Navy back in 1977, we were vaccinated for everything under the sun. Had the disease already? Vaccinated already? Didn't matter. Line up and get your shot. As I recall, the smallpox did suck. It made my arm ooze and we weren't allowed to shower for three days. Since it was July, we were smelling pretty ripe. I even took chloroquine at one point, since we were going to a place where malaria was endemic.
Me too. Joined in 76. The one I specifically remember was where we all lined up and dropped our drawers. The corpsman slapped one butt cheek and immediately stuck a needle in the other cheek. Don't remember which shot that was, but it has stuck in my memory since.

Last edited:
All of you who are saying they won't get a Covid-19 vaccine if there is ever one available must not know anyone who has died or been extremely sick or have permanent lung damage from Covid-19-- I personally know people who have died and gotten extremely sick. This is an awful virus- not just your normal cold or flu. I think most people will be begging for a vaccine before this is all over.

All of you who are saying they won't get a Covid-19 vaccine if there is ever one available must not know anyone who has died or been extremely sick or have permanent lung damage from Covid-19-- I personally know people who have died and gotten extremely sick. This is an awful virus- not just your normal cold or flu. I think most people will be begging for a vaccine before this is all over.

The "all of you who won't" is about 7% according to current poll results. That's very good for the total population and about on par with those that are currently vaccinated against polio.

If there were a cancer vaccine today you wouldn't get better results...

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/immunize.htm

I'm 65, I haven't ever got a flu vaccine, pneumonia, shingles, been to long since a tetanus. I'm all for vaccines, just haven't had any. Been lucky, haven't had a cold or flu for a long time, even though my wife, who has always been very healthy has had a couple, I didn't get them.

I'm 65, I haven't ever got a flu vaccine, pneumonia, shingles, been to long since a tetanus. I'm all for vaccines, just haven't had any. Been lucky, haven't had a cold or flu for a long time, even though my wife, who has always been very healthy has had a couple, I didn't get them.

I would highly recommend the new Shingrix shot to you--it is 95% effective. You don't want shingles! I had shingles 15 years ago and I still have pain from it on my waist 15 years later.

I would highly recommend the new Shingrix shot to you--it is 95% effective. You don't want shingles! I had shingles 15 years ago and I still have pain from it on my waist 15 years later.

I'm still, and likely will be for as long as I last, being treated, (must be 3+ years now, maybe more, who knows?), for shingles on the cornea of my left eye.

I'd never had the shot either..."Who, ME? Naah"...live & learn.

Me too. Joined in 76. The one I specifically remember was where we all lined up and dropped our drawers. The corpsman slapped one butt cheek and immediately stuck a needle in the other cheek. Don't remember which shot that was, but it has stuck in my memory since.
no pun intended, i’m sure.
;)

Last night on Houston news they think they have found the first Houston case . A woman was at a Rockets game early January got super sick with a fever. She went to a doctor and the doctor diagnosed it as pneumonia . Later her husband got it but her four year old did not . She was tested for the antibodies and was validated to have had it . If her story is real this stuff has been around a while.

@Breedlove, that's an interesting timeline and would be consistent with the observation that Wuhan had December coronavirus cases.

I'm a Gen Xer and have been vaccinated for everything except shingles (not 50 yet). I get the flu shot faithfully and will get the coronavirus vaccine as soon as I see that there are no adverse reactions in healthcare workers. I knew polio survivors when I was growing up, and my great-aunt Mary died of complications from scarlet fever, so I'm a strong proponent of vaccines.

There's been talk of immunity passports and such.

UK is talking about imposing a 14-day quarantine. I think many countries which have "defeated" the coronavirus still impose quarantines for visitors, such as Australia and NZ.

So documentation of vaccination might allow you to enter some countries without being quarantined.

You'd be voluntarily getting vaccinated but it's a de facto mandatory imposition to get vaccinated.

Texas DPS is stationed at the jetways for flights arriving from certain states (not countries) handing out 14 day quarantine instructions.

If I get the vaccination, can I go to the grocery store without a mask? Maybe I can buy an "Don't worry, I'm vaccinated" tee shirt.

I don't think that many people here need to be concerned about being first in line:

Front-line coronavirus workers could be vaccinated as soon as this year, Novavax CEO says

“I think everybody agrees that the first broad distribution will be to the front-line workers, the health-care workers,” he said on CNBC’s “Squawk Alley.” “If our phase two data support the safety and immunogenicity that we hope it will and we’re able to see a signal for efficacy, it’s possible that that first line would be vaccinated some time in the fourth quarter of this year.”

Hopefully, it will be safe. We don't need to decimate our population of health care workers. It's possible that DS (dietary aide in a nursing home) may be required to be among the first in line.

Last night on Houston news they think they have found the first Houston case . A woman was at a Rockets game early January got super sick with a fever. She went to a doctor and the doctor diagnosed it as pneumonia . Later her husband got it but her four year old did not . She was tested for the antibodies and was validated to have had it . If her story is real this stuff has been around a while.
Yeah, it’s just amazing how this was in active community spread in various parts of the country in January, and US had no idea. Officials thought we had no cases at all, and were only concerned about travelers.

Texas DPS is stationed at the jetways for flights arriving from certain states (not countries) handing out 14 day quarantine instructions.

Wow!

Travel is definitely a threat, including instate traveling. A lot of the initial outbreaks came from travelers exposing people at their destination.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom