Post Vaccination Behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.
The very large public university systems here in CA (UC and CSU systems) have announced a vax mandate for in person attendance for fall 2021.... With a caveat that it assumes full authorization.

Both my boys are vaccinated so not an issue.

This is just one of many mandated vaccines for college students like meningitis.... Dorms are a hotbed of communicable disease.

The wrinkle in this is that they have many international students, who may not have had a chance to get vaccinated in their home countries or have gotten jabbed with Chinese vaccines, which have t proved to be effective.

In fact countries like Chile, the Seychelles and Bahrain are seeing surges in cases despite high percentage of their populations, largely with the Chinese vaccines.

This seems trivial, but I actually managed to score a free beer yesterday because I have been vaccinated.

The vaccination rates are plummeting in my area. Apparently all of those young under 40 folks actually took it seriously when we were all told that it's grandma and grandpa who are seriously at risk and need protection, young people mostly have a mild case or maybe they get a bad case similar to the flu. Well, grandma and grandpa are now vaccinated (85%+) along with mom and dad, so mission accomplished. That seems to be the attitude.

The local medical experts are making a big fuss about 97% of the new cases being among the unvaccinated, but hospitalization and death rates are holding steady at low levels. Maybe the crisis/emergency is over in our neck of the woods.

This Winter will be the big test. I'll save a few masks for October - March.

Last edited:
Hopefully they can be in the US early enough to get vaccinated.

It will be interesting to see how this is handled. Are schools that have high out of country self pay students prepared to turn down the money? Will they require proof from out of country students that say they are vaccinated, or just take their word?

I don't know the answers, and have no dog in the hunt, but some schools have been noted to make curious exceptions for wealthy students.

This seems trivial, but I actually managed to score a free beer yesterday because I have been vaccinated.

Speaking of which...(they have offered this since mid April) https://www.fox19.com/2021/04/16/budweiser-is-offering-free-beer-covid-vaccine-recipients/

If you’re fully vaccinated and don’t mind proving it, Budweiser wants you to enjoy a cold one, on the house.

Anheuser-Busch announced “A Beer on Bud,” offering COVID-19 vaccine recipients over the age of 21 a free round of beer.

Yeah I figured that, especially early on when fomites were suspect. I think a lot of folks just got used to it and don't mine the mask enough to take it off, put it somewhere to stay clean, and then put it on again and repeat 10 mins later.

In S. Fla probably still 80% mostly wearing at Publix/Costco, but I did a Fresh Market stop this week and I almost felt in the minority with a mask, it was more 50/50.

I'm finding it much different in the Fl. panhandle, aka, the redneck riviera, or Southern Alabama. I wandered around Walmart for 15 minutes and only found 4 people with a mask, other than the cashiers. Also went in Harbor Freight, and only saw one person with a mask, other than the cashiers. I think it was more like 50/1 than 50/50 here.

Found it interesting (and somewhat disturbing) that during Congressional testimony, the heads of the NIH, HHS, and CDC reported that only about half of their employees have been vaccinated! These are health professionals on the front lines of the fight against the virus. What could they know that might make them hesitant to get vaccinated?

This is not true on several levels. First of all, Dr. Fauci is not head of NIH. He is head of one institute, NIAID, of the 27 institutes and centers which comprise NIH. In his testimony back on May 11, he estimated that "around 60%" of NIAID employees had been vaccinated. A spokesperson for NIAID later wrote: “To our knowledge, the percentage of NIH staff who have received a vaccine at NIH or self-reported receiving a vaccine in the community is close to 67%. The actual number may be higher since self-reporting is voluntary and there may be staff who received the vaccine in the community but have not reported it to us.”

FWIW, the NIH campus is located in Maryland about 3 miles outside of DC. The vaccination rate in MD is over 70% among adults, and the county in which NIH is located is well above average for MD. DC has a high vaccination rate as well.

As for the CDC, Dr. Walensky testified "Our staff have the option to report their vaccination status, but as you understand, the federal government is not requiring it, so we do not know."

The head of HHS was not testifying with Drs. Fauci & Walensky.

A post on a political website later falsely wrote “Half of CDC, NIH, and FDA Employees Refused the Experimental COVID-19 Jabs.” And that is how rumors get started.

https://www.factcheck.org/2021/05/s...al-health-officials-on-employee-vaccinations/

This is not true on several levels. First of all, Dr. Fauci is not head of NIH. He is head of one institute, NIAID, of the 27 institutes and centers which comprise NIH. In his testimony back on May 11, he estimated that "around 60%" of NIAID employees had been vaccinated. A spokesperson for NIAID later wrote: “To our knowledge, the percentage of NIH staff who have received a vaccine at NIH or self-reported receiving a vaccine in the community is close to 67%. The actual number may be higher since self-reporting is voluntary and there may be staff who received the vaccine in the community but have not reported it to us.”

FWIW, the NIH campus is located in Maryland about 3 miles outside of DC. The vaccination rate in MD is over 70% among adults, and the county in which NIH is located is well above average for MD. DC has a high vaccination rate as well.

As for the CDC, Dr. Walensky testified "Our staff have the option to report their vaccination status, but as you understand, the federal government is not requiring it, so we do not know."

The head of HHS was not testifying with Drs. Fauci & Walensky.

A post on a political website later falsely wrote “Half of CDC, NIH, and FDA Employees Refused the Experimental COVID-19 Jabs.” And that is how rumors get started.

https://www.factcheck.org/2021/05/s...al-health-officials-on-employee-vaccinations/

Thanks for clearing up this misconception and obvious conspiracy (saying 'about half' vs 'close to 67%'). In his defense, Dr. Fauci sort of created the confusion by (when testifying on behalf of NIH) used the exact words, "probably a little bit more than half". Nevertheless, there is clearly nothing to be concerned about, so I withdraw my question in light of this information. :facepalm:

Has anyone received a third "booster" shot? DH has an autoimmune disease and takes Humira and methotrexate. He had the 2 Moderna shots back in Feb. His doctor says that the some studies have shown that the 2 vaccines were not very effective for people like him and that he may want to consider getting a third "booster" shot now, she says that in some of the studies people on DH's medication who got a third Johnson and Johnson shot made more antibodies. But it does not appear this has been a approved by the FDA yet. Is there anyone here that has gotten a third booster shot?

Has anyone received a third "booster" shot? DH has an autoimmune disease and takes Humira and methotrexate. He had the 2 Moderna shots back in Feb. His doctor says that the some studies have shown that the 2 vaccines were not very effective for people like him and that he may want to consider getting a third "booster" shot now, she says that in some of the studies people on DH's medication who got a third Johnson and Johnson shot made more antibodies. But it does not appear this has been a approved by the FDA yet. Is there anyone here that has gotten a third booster shot?

Would his doctor run an antibody test? The J and J is one and done right? I don't know how anybody would end up getting 3 of those.

I saw this quote from a poster in another thread and thought :confused::

The world is far from done with Covid and may never be.

Saying post as in after Covid is here was most likely the posters meaning.

Immune Compromised or Otherwise Not Vaccinated: A Trial to Keep Handy

Related because the post vaccination behavior discussion has a lot of talk about the possibility of getting the disease.

The link in the text, below, goes to a Covid-19 treatment trial. If you get sick from Covid, they'll send you treatment medication Fed-Ex overnight. 17% of participants get placebo, but everyone else has a chance to maybe have severity and duration reduced. Free. Actually you earn!
No vaccination for you? Cool. Keep this in mind if you get symptoms: https://covidout.umn.edu/

You don't need to go anywhere. You get symptoms, talk to them, get meds in the mail, and help advance medical science in the area of NON-VACCINE alternatives to treating Covid-19. You probably will get better faster too (unless you're unlucky enough to be in the 17% placebo group).

Symptoms? You gotta call 'em RIGHT AWAY, as soon as you suspect "you've got it"!

You will earn at least $100, and another $100 when you do the follow-up.

University of Minnesota!! Yeah! 651-661-9560

Would his doctor run an antibody test? The J and J is one and done right? I don't know how anybody would end up getting 3 of those.

Doctor says is is too late for an antibody test--if DH was going to get an antibody test he would had to have done it a few weeks after his Feb. vaccines but he did not know to do that--none of these studies were out then. He would just be getting one Johnson and Johnson vaccine now --this would be the booster on top of the 2 Moderna shots he had in Feb. I guess he would just show up at the vaccine site and ask for the J&J--not sure if he would be allowed to get it since his record shows he has already have the 2 Moderna shots. Then a couple of weeks after the J&j vaccine he would get the antibody test. His doctor admits this is uncharted waters but the doctor is concerned that DH is still at high risk for the virus. We continue to mask and social distance but that is getting harder and harder to do.

Doctor says is is too late for an antibody test--if DH was going to get an antibody test he would had to have done it a few weeks after his Feb. vaccines but he did not know to do that--none of these studies were out then. He would just be getting one Johnson and Johnson vaccine now --this would be the booster on top of the 2 Moderna shots he had in Feb. I guess he would just show up at the vaccine site and ask for the J&J--not sure if he would be allowed to get it since his record shows he has already have the 2 Moderna shots. Then a couple of weeks after the J&j vaccine he would get the antibody test. His doctor admits this is uncharted waters but the doctor is concerned that DH is still at high risk for the virus. We continue to mask and social distance but that is getting harder and harder to do.

Got it, the like the vaccine mixing trials Alan is helping with in the UK. Didn't his doctor have any way to help him get this, the Doctor is one that brought it up.

Someone on another thread talking about giving blood and showing Covid antibodies but I don't remember the time span after they got the vaccine.

Related because the post vaccination behavior discussion has a lot of talk about the possibility of getting the disease.

The link in the text, below, goes to a Covid-19 treatment trial. If you get sick from Covid, they'll send you treatment medication Fed-Ex overnight. 17% of participants get placebo, but everyone else has a chance to maybe have severity and duration reduced. Free. Actually you earn!

That's in my backyard and now they finally talk about ivermectin.:facepalm:

I saw this quote from a poster in another thread and thought :confused::
The best to all in this post-COVID world.
The world is far from done with Covid and may never be.

Yes, seriously! Many think it will take to the end of 2022 if not well into 2023 to get most of the world vaccinated- those that want to be of course.

Saying post as in after Covid is here was most likely the posters meaning.
OK - good point.

Last edited:
Unless your DH goes back to the same place, or has the same online account, they aren’t going to know that he has been vaccinated.

Last edited:
Unless your DH goes back to the same place, or has the same online account, they aren’t going to know that he has been vaccinated.

OK - good point, although another poster talked about the pandemic being over.

Even though it's free to everyone the providers still get paid by someone, if the hubby is on Medicare I would think it's going to get flagged by the system and denied.

Even though it's free to everyone the providers still get paid by someone, if the hubby is on Medicare I would think it's going to get flagged by the system and denied.
Hopefully any denial would be for payment after the vaccination.

Hopefully any denial would be for payment after the vaccination.

I guess the worst that could happen is that you got denied before..my provider had all that info ahead of time but that was back in the day when you needed an appointment.

I don't know about that - at least in Maryland the state has a database of everyone who has been vaccinated. It is what they are using for the vax lotto.

I don't know about that - at least in Maryland the state has a database of everyone who has been vaccinated. It is what they are using for the vax lotto.

Of course. But info goes into that database from the provider, not the other way around.

We are currently on vacation in Cornwall and today traveled on a service bus for the first time in over a year. We took the bus from where we are staying in Charlestown (where Poldark was filmed) to Fowey, had lunch and walked the coastal path back.

I’ve had my free bus pass since coming of age in February so this was its first outing. Also been drinking draft beer inside pubs this week. :dance:

How long was the bus ride?

Was it full? Did you get to open the windows?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom