Spending 24 hours a day with your spouse

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sure mother’s and daughters have the same conversation.

dad-did-you-know-in-other-countries-you-dont-know-5005088.png

I don't have a spouse, but I do have a GF.

I am wondering, since we are both over 60, if we spend to much time together in April, will that mean in nine months we will have more grandchildren?

Things you discover about your DW - though she’s a FIREd project manager old habits apparently come out in times of stress and boredom: our refrigerator is now organized according to product expiration date and there’s a spreadsheet listing meals to be made with ingredients based on expiration. I am so tempted to move things around...

Things you discover about your DW - though she’s a FIREd project manager old habits apparently come out in times of stress and boredom: our refrigerator is now organized according to product expiration date and there’s a spreadsheet listing meals to be made with ingredients based on expiration. I am so tempted to move things around...

:LOL: Sounds like DW's daughter and her husband......daughter has lists, sub-lists, cross references about damn near everything!

We haven’t been seeing our kids but in a few weeks when it warmer we will gather on the patio to visit. We will maintain a safe distance and I will let them in the side gate so that they don’t have to come in the house.

I think I'm married to her sister. Or at least a close cousin....:)

My wife and I are fine together, but the stay at home directive has sparked a major difference of opinion. My wife thinks the country has overreacted to COVID-19, while I think the worse is yet to come.
Those views are not necessarily different, they may both be correct.

Last edited:
DW and I are lucky, I suppose. I have been retired for a few years now and am pretty much a homebody. DW has been w*rking from home for a couple of years now, so we are quite accustomed to each other's presence. I have heard from some friends that relationships are indeed stressed for those that aren't used to being around their SO for 20+ hours a day. Of course, I think it's important to have separate spaces and we have that covered...so that helps as well.

It's been a blessing being home with the wife for three weeks now. We've caught up on everything I've done wrong the last 15 years :)

It's been a blessing being home with the wife for three weeks now. We've caught up on everything I've done wrong the last 15 years :)

Really? In 3 weeks? You must have super powers.:D

We may need to take a walk in the woods, I will let her carry the shovel...

On the bright side, she is coming around to the idea of buying a house in Arizona next winter, and possibly doing the renovation on it ourselves. We are starting with the kitchen design.

Fortunately for both of us, we're avid readers so we can spend quiet time together or in separate rooms. At 70+, neither body likes staying in one position for extended periods so there are two places she might be found with paper book or tablet and three places I can be found with paper book, tablet or laptop. If I'm using the laptop, I could be reading or I might be writing (7 books published in the past 3 years). [mod edit]

We take most meals together and I've even been baking bread from scratch - bread is comfort food that begins with the scent as it cooks ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm being as kind as I can to DH and DS. I spend a good amount of time in the garden, DH spends his time learning how to shop on-line for groceries, me
al plan and cook dinner for the family. DS spends his time in his room, especially since he is recovering from (presumed) Covid-19. I also spend an hour or so walking or running for exercise everyday.

We are privileged that we have enough space to spread out. We have a little over 2000 ft^2 not counting the basement, walk up attic, garage or outdoor space.

There is really no change at all. We have been like this for 10 years since retirement. The only change is I go out for groceries and she stays home being a higher risk with coronary artery disease. We are permitted to exercise which includes walks in the forest and things like bicycling. I normally hike 3 times a week in the forests so continue to do so, and I cycle over to the marina and go sailing every day. She stays home and we have a huge garden area so there is plenty to do. The only real changes are not being able to travel.

Not too different from usual.... But we enjoy each other’s company and wouldn’t want to isolate with anybody else.

Yep. That's us. We are essentially always together 24/7 anyway; that's why we retired. True, we may not speak much when one or the other of us is buried in a book or researching trips for when this ends, but we'll eventually surface and touch base.

35+ years of not seeing each other enough leaves a lot of catching up to do. 😇

Yep. That's us. We are essentially always together 24/7 anyway; that's why we retired. True, we may not speak much when one or the other of us is buried in a book or researching trips for when this ends, but we'll eventually surface and touch base.

35+ years of not seeing each other enough leaves a lot of catching up to do. 😇

Nice post.

Most of our 25 years together has seen me working the night shift. She still seems nice.

I spend 21 hours a day with my wife.

The other 3 hours I spend with the neighbor's wife.

So.....not so bad.:LOL:

Doing just fine, we are both homebodies, so not much different. We both have work sheds, the yard/garden, and the house to spend time apart. We go for drives 1-2 times a week just to get out, along with walks when the weather is nicer.
Married 40+ years, and have enjoyed mostly every minute! :)

We are doing really good I only looked at the wood chipper ads I didn't order one .

Last edited:

You got me rollin on the ground! But so true, my wife updated me as well! :LOL:

We’re doing fine and I am so thankful to have a considerate DH to isolate with. It saddens me there are people who have to isolate at home alone; especially those who value or need in-person contact and interaction to be happy.

My wife and I were bored and I came up with the brilliant idea to go 4 wheeling. I have a 4 wd truck and we live close to a large wild area with unimproved roads.

Turns out the roads were pretty much impassible with large deep mud holes. Long story short our little jaunt took a lot longer than we anticipated, We damn near got stuck many times, had to turn around twice and take different routes. Along with getting my truck filthy dirty I ripped off the air deflector under the front bumper, and put a nice big hole in the rock guard under the truck engine. And now we're not bored.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom