Too sickened by coronavirus to continue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Covid is the word, the talk of the times. Nothing has changed life style like covid. The fear factor is huge and people are scared. It affects everything, jobs, real estate, investments, travel, dining and leisure activities.

It's the "talk of the times"

But do they still deliver your Wagyu Kobe Steaks?

Before you go, you should just know - Dr. Fauci is my new imaginary boyfriend. :D :LOL:

Oh, fine--I'll allow it :LOL:. Tell him I'm over in the "what series are you watching" thread when he wants to find me.

Who knew that the nerds would one day be popular? He gives hope to us all.

Does the OP realize he started a thread about coronavirus to complain there are too many threads about Coronavirus?

Why not "be the cure" and change the subject?

Does the OP realize he started a thread about coronavirus to complain there are too many threads about Coronavirus?

Why not "be the cure" and change the subject?

Because that would be different from what the OP intended. There is no irony in a smoker telling you to stop smoking or PSA's on TV telling you to stop watching so much TV.

And simply changing a subject is not a cure.

When I leave here I'll just go.

No whining, no reasons, no explanations.

Just gone.

I leave all the time because I get bored of one thing or another, and then I return a few months later. I'm kind of like a bird who migrates from forum to forum, depending on the season.

I like Mdlerth and think it's unfair and inaccurate to call him a whiner or passive-aggressive, simply because he posted that he's tired of the discussion and leaving for a while. My "take" is that he simply wanted to express how he felt about his experience of the forum right now, and that's all -- he wasn't trying to covertly punish or manipulate anyone, and he wasn't "whining." He was just saying, "I'm tired of it; it's ruining the enjoyment of the forum for me; I'm going to take a break." Maybe he thought some other people might feel the same or understand. Judging by the responses, he was right.

See you when the seasons change, Mdlerth. Be well.

Last edited:
NW-Bound was posting quite a bit about CV-19, and his last posts were 4-12.

Trombone-Al tends to disappear for long periods.

When I leave here I'll just go.

No whining, no reasons, no explanations.

Just gone.

I'm on a couple of other chat rooms where I did exactly this. Conversely, I left a Facebook group but did announce my departure, for the Moderator's benefit, because it had deteriorated into politics.This was a subject group that I had a keen interest in. Silly me, I thought maybe the Moderator would respond or rein in the non-subject posts but that didn't happen. Funny, though, I've managed to survive without that Group.

As does NW-bound.

FWIW, I had a PM conversation with T-Al late last month. He's just taking a break.

From a posting related concept, do they keep track of a list of the most frequent posters in terms of totals with current and past members, let's say posters with over 25k posts.

Just into stats and am curious.

From a posting related concept, do they keep track of a list of the most frequent posters in terms of totals with current and past members, let's say posters with over 25k posts.

Just into stats and am curious.

Yes! With mug shots, parole violations, outstanding warrants..it'd be great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom