TV, Movies and Covid19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enjoyed an old school Steve McQueen cops and robbers movie costarring Sally Struthers. Different cameras back then. And different scripting. Fun. It was on some generic cable 'movie channel' I get with the basic package. There's something about the old movies from 40's up to 70's that I like.

Enjoyed an old school Steve McQueen cops and robbers movie costarring Sally Struthers. Different cameras back then. And different scripting. Fun. It was on some generic cable 'movie channel' I get with the basic package. There's something about the old movies from 40's up to 70's that I like.
The Getaway. Really can't beat those old movies.

Just exchanged texts with a friend who's husband is a gaffer/best boy. There is *no* production of tv and movies. Some editing/cutting might be happening though for stuff that was already shot.

This may sound crazy, but I have been recording, and then watching "Good Eats" on the Food Channel. They have the old ones, the "re-boots" and some new ones. Old ones can be waaay corny, but I am not looking for some deep thought watching the food channel. Entertaining, and pick ups some cooking ideas.

I guess I am easily entertained.

Caught the whole of Three Days of the Condor (good spies/ bad spies) starring Robert Redford and Faye Dunnaway. I liked it. Old school. Redford is the hero and does all sorts of unbelievable stuff, but it works somehow. I must be really desperate for entertainment: I didn't even mind the commercials. I saw it on the movie channel I get with my basic cable. I think of any movie there as a 'free movie' even though I pay for it, since I'm not paying for Netflix, lol.

My Brilliant Friend on HBO. Subtitled, a coming of age saga from the novel of the same title. It's centered in Naples, Italy of two best friend from childhood (in the 1950's, early 60's). I enjoyed this series so much, I posted on the series thread too.

Call me stunned!

Last Sunday, CBS finally aired its Sunday Morning in its entirety, without interruption, but NYC Mayor DeBlasio yapping about the city's COVID-19 response. His response had been aired on several networks for the last month or so, pre-empting regular programming for 30-45 minutes. Then, a week or two ago, the networks began cutting back on the time they cut into their regular programming, some to as little as 15 minutes. Then, last Sunday, CBS announced that they were live-streaming DeBlasio elsewhere in the CBS online world. Other networks were showing little or none of his response, too.

And it looks like COZI-TV is finally airing at least some of its regular weekday shows between 9 AM and 11 AM instead of the third hour of The Today Show and an hour of Hoda Kotb. I had given up checking every day, so I am not sure when it began this week. My regular show at 10 AM has returned, finally! I'll have to check tomorrow morning to see if my 9 AM show has also returned. Maybe they were getting lots of complaints like mine? Or, they saw their ratings decline (which CBS and other networks probably saw when they cut to DeBlasio) way too much and finally responded to THAT!

Took them all long enough.

New Clarence Thomas documentary on PBS

During this lock down, I’m always looking for new content to watch. Just finished the new Clarence Thomas documentary called: Created Equal. Fascinating look into his life. It is amazing how far he was able to come given his difficult upbringing. You can find it on PBS on demand. Jmho

Really enjoyed Skid Row Marathon on Prime. Documentary about an LA judge who starts a running club. He trains homeless, addicted men and women to the point they are able to compete in international marathons. Very uplifting and inspirational.

The new "Midway" was at a reduced price for rental on Prime for Memorial Day weekend. I was really taken at the bravery of those men and women. Great movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom