What's next for hoarding?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got our first instacart order. We got 8 items as ordered and 8 more items which were substitutes. We did not get any cream of chicken soup. The shopper said there were 0 soups of any kind at the store.

I read an article today on how to stop people from hoarding.

The first bottle was priced: kr40

2 bottles were priced: kr1000

Twitter user _schuermann explained that the store priced one bottle of sanitiser at kr40 ($4.09), but sold two bottles at kr 1,000 ($95) each.

The math doesn't work, but I believe it would work to stop people from hoarding.

https://9gag.com/gag/aqgwO3Q?ICID=ref_fark

What is this battery for game controller that y'all speak of?

The Atari 2600, the only game console I ever bought, has controllers that plug in. No stinkin' batteries needed.

That Atari is still up in the attic.

NW, now everything works WITHOUT wires! (like magic, but needs battery).:D

If you were really lucky you wouldn't have received any cream of mushroom either. :sick:

I don't know why people knock Campell condensed cream of mushroom soup. Have you ever baked chicken breast with sauteed mushrooms, onions, white wine and some seasoning with it? Quite tasty IMO.

I don't know why people knock Campell condensed cream of mushroom soup. Have you ever baked chicken breast with sauteed mushrooms, onions, white wine and some seasoning with it? Quite tasty IMO.

In that recipe it wouldn't be the C of M soup that makes it tasty..:flowers:

Yes, cream of mushroom is an "always stock" item for me. Never eaten as soup, always in a recipe.

But the best one, and hardest to find sometimes, is cream of onion. So many yummy things you can make with that!

I'm already starting to reminisce about the days before the soup aisle was bare. And I rarely even eat (drink?) soup.

"back in my day we had to walk uphill both ways to play our games"
When I was a kid if I wanted a game I had to make it. Made my own scooter by scrounging old ball bearings and door hinge plus some scrap wood.
And old skates screwed to a pice of board to make ice sled.

What is this battery thing?

Yes, cream of mushroom is an "always stock" item for me.

"Different Strokes"...an' all that......DW & I don't like 'Cream' anything.

But then I've always been an outlier.......even the smell of buttered popcorn makes me want to hurl, whereas many many people view the stuff as some kind of 'treat'.

Last edited:
Went shopping at Whole Foods yesterday. They were out of the most popular hoarding items like everyone (sanitizer, TP, bottled water, etc.), but the shelves were half empty almost throughout the store. Hopefully hoarders will have all they can hold/afford and inventories will improve again soon. We're not hoarding anything and we're counting on the situation to improved before we run out...

Went shopping at Whole Foods yesterday. They were out of the most popular hoarding items like everyone (sanitizer, TP, bottled water, etc.), but the shelves were half empty almost throughout the store. Hopefully hoarders will have all they can hold/afford and inventories will improve again soon. We're not hoarding anything and we're counting on the situation to improved before we run out...
Our local Whole Foods is less well restocked than the Publix. I'm not sure why but my guess is the Publix has many more stores so it can more easily deal with the logistics of continuous stocking, and WFM suffers from lack of critical mass.

While are commenting here I want to add a big Thank You to everyone that is working to keep the grocery stores open. You have to deal with shortages, outside contact with people and everything else. Thank You!

While are commenting here I want to add a big Thank You to everyone that is working to keep the grocery stores open. You have to deal with shortages, outside contact with people and everything else. Thank You!

I'll pass along your thanks to our 17 year old grandson who is working on the front lines.

I feel really bad for all of them. At least when you enlist in the military you know in advance the dangers of fighting in a war. These grocery store employees had no idea what risks they were signing up for when they took the job. They may be more at risk than the military right now.

Not even a NY Egg Cream, which I understand has neither eggs or cream in it?

I'd rather have a chocolate milk shake..."hold the seltzer". :)

If things get as bad as some of the projections recently, you may want to start hoarding vegetable seeds and fertilizer for your victory garden.... :)

For all you old folks out there :) As the parent of a 17 year old male, on the gaming front:
- As already mentioned, all the game controllers are rechargeable (and portable - who wants to be tied to one place)
- He hasn't visited a Game Stop or Best Buy to buy a physical copy of a game in a few years - download only. This because we've had a couple games become unplayable due to physical issues with the disc.

A bigger hit will be if the ISP's have to prioritize traffic over the Internet (what - no net neutrality?) Then we will hear screams from the youth and future leaders of America. (On my home front, he doesn't really like to play over the network style games - prefers to just play by himself. He *will* be impacted (already complaining) about being able to stream movies/shows - as I not so patiently tell him to down load some over night.)

I still on't understand the drive to hoard TP.

After all, in all the residential bathrooms I've ever used, the toilet is right next to the bathtub...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom