Wow, it’s getting really scary in Texas - and everywhere else!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live near the border of 2 counties in FLA and since the mandatory mask wearing is now in place for indoor places, I am seeing close to 100% compliance at the different grocery stores I have attended.
I expect that you are quite relieved.

Nevada’s cases are skyrocketing so we bought a month’s worth of food yesterday. I hope people comply with the masks because our economy is devastated already being tourist based.

Fingers crossed for Texas. Selfish reasons. We have a group 4 couples or so that do the Winter Texas thing in both greater Port Aransas and near Mission.

heh heh heh - Go Texas! Flatten that curve! We're pulling for ya! :greetings10:

After watching those rants from ignorant people in Palm Beach County Florida during the hearing where city officials were passing a mandatory mask rule, is it any wonder why the response to the coronavirus in this country has been so poor? I'm glad our condo association does background checks of owners and renters in our building. Unfortunately with ignorant people like these in the country, the vast majority of sane people are impacted and the the darkest days are yet to come.

8942 new cases in FL today, making it over 37k total for the past week. We are competing with Texas it seems.

Personal behavior is what will control the spread. People need to take things seriously.

Sadly we are both contestants on "The Biggest Loser".

Texas will end up in 3rd place with Florida in 4th place, but both are losers in these sweepstakes.:(

After watching those rants from ignorant people in Palm Beach County Florida during the hearing where city officials were passing a mandatory mask rule, is it any wonder why the response to the coronavirus in this country has been so poor? I'm glad our condo association does background checks of owners and renters in our building. Unfortunately with ignorant people like these in the country, the vast majority of sane people are impacted and the the darkest days are yet to come.
I saw that and was really amazed. I'm not sure how folks who think like this actually exist in the world. I've worked with ignorant uneducated people before, most didn't hold strong views like this. Wow!

Personal behavior is what will control the spread. People need to take things seriously.
It’s been incredibly difficult to convince people to behave responsibly. It’s like they prefer to give every possible excuse not to.

Last edited:
After watching those rants from ignorant people in Palm Beach County Florida during the hearing where city officials were passing a mandatory mask rule, is it any wonder why the response to the coronavirus in this country has been so poor? ... Unfortunately with ignorant people like these in the country, the vast majority of sane people are impacted and the the darkest days are yet to come.

+1000

Yep... ignorance (willful and otherwise) is dangerously widespread in our society. We are in the process of reaping what we sow here in the U.S., where a substantial plurality of people don't trust science or believe this virus is some sort of hoax or isn't dangerous, etc.

I'm glad our condo association does background checks of owners and renters in our building.

That is a good thing, but what does it have to do with ignorant people who angrily refuse to wear masks? I'm not aware of any kind of background check that will filter out all "mask deniers".

Not sure if I watched the same people (two women - one in her 50s and the other in her 20s during the hearing in Palm Beach County Florida) about why they shouldn't have to wear a mask but it was just surreal. They seem to look normal, and they seem to have enough intelligence to put together sentences and even convey their sentiments. Yet what they said made absolutely no sense. I was watching the clip with DH and we both looked at each other in sheer horror. I have absolutely no idea how you would effectively deal with people like that...

Last edited:
You don't. You just avoid them as much as possible.

Yes, now if I could only get some of our non believing friends to behave more responsibly.

Good luck to you. If I’m amazed at anything, it’s all these folks who keep expecting everyone else to behave to their own expectations. Seems most folks who’ve reached our senior level of age should’ve learned a long time ago, such desire to control others to meet our expectations is futile. And will only lead to hurting oneself. Do your family members all always behave as you would require? Anyway, like I said. Good luck in your pursuit.

Yes, now if I could only get some of our non believing friends to behave more responsibly.
I just don't befriend morons. It makes life easier.

I just don't befriend morons. It makes life easier.

Well they were not morons before the virus, just was our political differences.
Tougher now...

Good luck to you. If I’m amazed at anything, it’s all these folks who keep expecting everyone else to behave to their own expectations. Seems most folks who’ve reached our senior level of age should’ve learned a long time ago, such desire to control others to meet our expectations is futile. And will only lead to hurting oneself. Do your family members all always behave as you would require? Anyway, like I said. Good luck in your pursuit.

It was just a statement. There is no actions being taken. They are dug in.
No one likes admitting they were wrong.....

I saw that and was really amazed. I'm not sure how folks who think like this actually exist in the world. I've worked with ignorant uneducated people before, most didn't hold strong views like this. Wow!

The woman with the red top checked all the boxes for "certified wacko". Unfortunately those people have the loudest voice and many people outside this country see Americans in that light.

Texas, Florida, Arizona - all quite hot this time of year.
Didn’t the experts claim some time ago that the virus doesn’t spread as much in the heat?
That thesis was proved wrong by Brazil where the virus continued thru fall and in the amazon it is almost never cold.

+1000

That is a good thing, but what does it have to do with ignorant people who angrily refuse to wear masks? I'm not aware of any kind of background check that will filter out all "mask deniers".

Before you purchase or rent a unit in our condo, you have to pay a $200 fee for a background check. The $200 fee is the first gate that will keep people like that out. The second gate is any bad credit, arrests, or felony convictions will exclude you from purchasing or residing in a unit in the building. The building has a mandatory mask wear policy in all common areas.

This is why we are headed for trouble and the numbers keep going up. This is the type of person who would cross a closed railway crossing with a Brightline train approaching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom