- About W2R
- New Orleans
- Retired (federal) Physical Oceanographer, B.A., B.S.E.E., M.S., Ph.D
- Retirement Year
- (1) personal finance and investing. (AA 42:58, mostly Vanguard, debt free with no mortgage and retired)
(2) the JFK assassination
(3) iPad and Nintendo Switch (or 3DS) games, especially Animal Crossing.
(4) reading or listening to podcasts on a variety of topics, mostly non-fiction though
- I retired in 2009 at age 61 after a career as a senior oceanographer for the federal government. My companion, Frank, and I are not married and do not live together, but we have been devoted to one another for over two decades by now.
In 2015, I finally found and bought my dream home which happened to be right next door to Frank. So, we are next door neighbors now. Both of us like this somewhat unconventional setup so much! We are Katrina survivors and went through a lot together way back then, but it is a new day and things are looking up.
In May of 2018 I retired a second time, this time from my volunteer Admin duties here at the Early Retirement Forum. After 10 years of being on the team, and 40,000+ posts, the time just seemed right. It has been such fun to work with all of our Mods and Admins and I plan to stick around as a regular member.
- Happily retired since 2009, at age 61.