2019 tax software

Brat

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Fidelity has a discount posted for TT and H&R Block but it looks like these are single return programs and do not include state returns. I prepare 3 returns in addition to our own and live in a state with an income tax.

So, folks, what deals have you seen out there?

Folks with high balances at Fidelity will get the link to the free TurboTax Deluxe.

If you have to pay, generally Amazon is going to have the best price.

For the individual versions you're looking at, with the $20 Fidelity discount, Deluxe is $59.99, Premier is $79.99. On the Intuit site, for these it indicates that they are also going to additionally charge $44.99 for each state.

On Amazon right now Deluxe is $49.99 and Premier is $69.88 and each includes one state. Amazon indicates this is a limited time offer, so you should purchase quickly if you're thinking about it. Also, if you purchase the CD version, Amazon indicates you can return for free and they will pay shipping if unopened/unused. So you can always purchase now and if you find a better price later or change your mind you can return it, get full refund, and they will pay the return shipping.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=turbotax+2019+deluxe

Last edited:
TT Deluxe with 1 Free State Filing usually goes down to about $39 around Dec 31st.

I'm going to wait til then to click on the buy button :popcorn:.

I just checked online:

TurboTax Premier version at Amazon is $69.88 and includes 1 state software.

Deluxe version is $49.99 including 1 state or $39.99 w/o state.

Basic version is $29.99 w/o state

Those are pretty decent prices for this time of year.

I paid $49.99 for TT Deluxe from Amazon this time of year the last 2 years. I might go ahead again because it's a good way to help me decide how much to convert by the end of the year. I have a spreadsheet but if nothing else this is a good second check, plus I'm more likely to get something wrong like std deduction.

I went ahead and bought the download version. I got $2 off for an "Amazon Day" discount and $5 off for "no rush shipping" (more accurately, no shipping since I'll do a download). So TT Deluxe was $42.99 net. Not returnable but that's fine with me.

I paid $54 for Premier 2018 disk last January.

Yes, I would bet it'll be a little cheaper after the first of the year, but with the loss of Roth recharacterization I'd rather pay a few $ more ($3 more likely this year) and use the software for estimates. If you don't plan to use it before the first, you might as well wait.

Ordered and received disk version TT Premier from Amazon

On November 11th, I bought 2019 H&R Block Deluxe plus State for $29.95 directly from their website.

H&R Block Deluxe including one state, download version, is $35 from Walmart today.

I don't find Gumby's deal.

H&R Block Deluxe including one state, download version, is $35 from Walmart today.

I don't find Gumby's deal.
Last year it was on sale for $18 at Amazon about this time.

I usually do my proformas on taxact.com before the end of the year and file with free fillable forms, then use the state's PDF fill-in forms. Free except for the ink, paper, envelope, and two first class stamps for the state paper return (federal is e-filed through FFF).

I looked back and around December 2nd, Amazon put Turbo Tax Deluxe w/State on sale for $49.99 and gave you a gift card for $10 for a net cost of $39.99. I think that’s as good as it ever got. I’ll start looking out and looking for a heads up from the members here for the same deal this next week or two. I like to have my copy before the end of the year. Sooner is better.

Tried HR Block last year when theY had their $18 sale. It was good, but I just prefer TT too much and have been using it too long to change.

I believe the big Amazon sale on H&R Block was on Black Friday last year. I had already bought it and was sad that I spent $20 more the Black Friday. Waiting 'till Friday this year to see the deals.

I need H & R Block Premium as I still have business income 1099's coming in this year. I guess I'll have a shot at the lowest price on Black Friday, although Block is sending me offers of $25 off already.

TT Premier w Fed eFile & 1 state is $69.99 at Costco but it’s gone on sale for $54.99 every year, late Jan-early Feb IIRC. And if you need it sooner, they will refund the $15 difference if you buy within 30 days (IIRC). I think the discount is $10 on Deluxe.

Last edited:
I’ve had Camelcamelcamel set to watch Amazon for price drops on TT for the past month or so. So far, no joy. However, this week might bring some deals...

Don't forget that some Fidelity customers get offered TurboTax Premier for free. The offer usually comes some time in mid-December, and it's nearly impossible to predict whether it will be offered or who will be eligible for it, but I'm waiting to see if I can get it again so no interest in other sources for it right now.

Don't forget that some Fidelity customers get offered TurboTax Premier for free. The offer usually comes some time in mid-December, and it's nearly impossible to predict whether it will be offered or who will be eligible for it, but I'm waiting to see if I can get it again so no interest in other sources for it right now.

Same here. I also recall buying TT around this time only to find it was not yet functional, still too much updating was needed. For now, I’m doing my estimates based on last years TT.

Yeah, njhowie said something about that, but I've been a Premium Services customer for 3 years now and I've never seen that. Then again, I've been using the USAA discount for years, I might have not been paying attention and been using their discount link out of habit!

If I don't see it by Dec. 31, I'll email my advisor.

I need H & R Block Premium as I still have business income 1099's coming in this year. I guess I'll have a shot at the lowest price on Black Friday, although Block is sending me offers of $25 off already.

I use the H & R Block Deluxe + State, it has all the same forms as the premium.
Just doesn't do some parts of the hand hold interview.

I have self employment and rental, both of which hrblock suggest below premium is not the correct software.

Back
Top Bottom