Blow That Dough! - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

davebarnes

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I am thinking that I should go from once a month razor replacement to semi-monthly.
I use Schick Extreme 3 razors so this would increase my costs by 83¢/month or $10/year.
I would get smoother shaves at the cost of 1/2 bottle wine.
Sensible or not?

I use Schick Extreme 3 razors so this would increase my costs by 83¢/month or $10/year.
Sensible or not?

Definitely sensible.
If you use the Schick Extreme 3 razors on your legs, you'll have to replace about once a week.

Blow that dough! :D

I shave < 2X/week. I use the yellow Bics at about $3/dozen. I use each one for about a month (6-7 shaves). Total monthly cost holding steady at $.25/month.

I am thinking that I should go from once a month razor replacement to semi-monthly.
Sensible or not?

I was just thinking about shaving. Nice thing about retirement is that I only shave on Wednesdays and Sundays--before church.

Been so busy, I forgot to shave the last week, and it's time. I'd grow a beard, however gray/white beards make some people look so much older.

I just use the cheap bic's too. I have a very light beard so can use them 3 times or so.

I use an obsolete old Schick Injector I bought off ebay. Love it and good thing the blades aren't obsolete.

OMG - if you are going to start a new annual Blow that Dough thread, could you please start with some serious digits of expenditures! Like a few hundreds or thousands at least!

OMG - if you are going to start a new annual Blow that Dough thread, could you please start with some serious digits of expenditures! Like a few hundreds or thousands at least!

My thoughts exactly! Well I'll start. New landscaping work starts on Monday. Redoing everything including new patio, walkways and driveway, terracing back yard slope. Living in the SF Bay Area means big, big bucks.

Give us time, the year's just started!

Going out to the Sushi bar when wifey gets back - :)

Ah yes, landscaping. The lot and house has been measured and $845 (half) has been paid for the computer design. Should end up around 40 grand.

Ah yes, landscaping. The lot and house has been measured and $845 (half) has been paid for the computer design. Should end up around 40 grand.

That was our first installment payment :yuk:. Forgot about our new 16'x20' deck!

Planning on a one-time gifting of a considerable sum this year. Will be our highest blow that dough yet.

Last edited:
Planning on a on-time gifting of a considerable sum this year. Will be our highest blow that dough yet.

I assumed we all wanted to start slow on our blowing of dough so that we can save some dry powder to blow on much bigger stuff:LOL:

Also, what is a "on-time" gifting? Or do you mean a one-time gift??

I assumed we all wanted to start slow on our blowing of dough so that we can save some dry powder to blow on much bigger stuff:LOL:

Also, what is a "on-time" gifting? Or do you mean a one-time gift??
Thanks edited to correct.

It’s a one time distribution of multiple gifts. Decided to push it out to this year, but have already planned, reviewed and primed the pump so to speak, so no need to wait. With recent investment highs we feel this is timely.

We’ve been retired over 20 years and that much older, obviously. Doing some early estate planning in that we don’t want to wait to share with heirs until after we’re dead.

Last edited:
Our month trip to Europe should do it. We paid for the airfare in 2019 but nothing else.

Put a down payment on a three week vacation to Ecuador/Galapagos in 2021. One week on a catamaran and a week on either side of that in cloud/rain forests.

Blowing the Dough like never before!

Lipstick on the pig (shoe shine on current house) - $7000.
Updates to the money pit we just bought - $12000
The big schlep from her to there - $6000
VA loan of approx $250000
Forecast another $20K+ on the money pit, FY 2020
Full Disclosure - most activity occurred in Dec, but will hit P&L in 2020

I better stick with the el cheapo Bic razors for a long time.

I'm fine with the razors.

Razor wise, I switched to an epilator a few years back. More of an initial outlay, but no more razors and silky smooth legs for weeks at a time.

Removing some trees , cement slab in front of barn and a slab for another smaller garage. Next year build the garage . This years cement work around 7K

Not this year, but 12-31-19, we took the DD, and SIL out to Japan West restaurant where they hibachi in front of you. I actually thought of the thread about what level I was claiming to be when the bill came to $231, and an additional $40 for tip for a wonderful meal. I paid it, and didn't flinch, but can't seem to not be concerned with vacation expenses of our upcoming Jamaica trip.....Level 3 mastered, level 4 not so much !

Rented a Porsche Panamera GTS for a couple of days to have some fun in. It’s got solid power, but it’s surprisingly heavy in its handling. Renting sports cars occasionally is a lot cheaper than owning them.

On top of the deck project that got delayed from last year to this year, and the new project to replace the main floor stairway, we just signed to replace the 40 year old front bow window with a new bay window.

We are renting a 3 bedroom condo in Palm Springs for 10 weeks in less than 2 weeks. Friends and family are flying in at different times to stay with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom