I channeled Fred the Baker

Retire52

Recycles dryer sheets
I felt like the "time to make the donuts" every morning that I went to work for the last few years at work.

Got curious to see if he was still around. He isn't but nice to know he did get a few years of retirement. Here is his Wikipedia's entry:

"Michael Vale*(June 28, 1922 – December 24, 2005) was an*American*character*actorfamous for being the longtime sleepy-eyed*mascot*"Fred the Baker" for*donut*chain*Dunkin' Donuts, with his famous*catchphrase"Time to make the donuts." He was featured for 15 years until he retired in 1997, having done more than 1,300*television commercials. Vale also reprised the role for commercials for the short-lived Dunkin' Donuts Cereal. He died of complications from*diabetes*at age 83 in*Manhattan*at*New York-Presbyterian Hospital, and was cremated

In my pre-FIRE life I would have to arrive at w*rk @3am one day a week. It was a 17 hour day and that phrase would be heard at the top of every hour as other departments arrived.

I don't miss hearing/saying it.

Glad it was only once a week. Just thinking about being up to start the day at 0300 makes my eyes water.

Back when I was 15, about to begin my part time career in the retail hardware business, my Cubmaster offered me a job in his bakery/donut shop. I often wonder how that would have turned out; but I'm extremely happy with the path I took.

Back
Top Bottom