We're moving North.

dm

Full time employment: Posting here.
We moved to SW Florida about 6 years ago. We are now moving North.

Same town, but it is a couple of miles north of our current house.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2041-Via-Seville-Punta-Punta-Gorda-FL-33950/43576425_zpid/

We close on the new to us house the first of April, and we close on our current home a couple of weeks later. So we will at least be able to move most of our stuff into the new home.

The wife does plan to have the bathrooms, and kitchen remodeled. Some walls are going to be removed, all new cabinets, appliances, and fixtures. All flooring replaced with tile. Paint inside and out. Maybe have pavers around the pool area and down to the dock. The dock will be removed and a new dock placed the length of the propert, and of coarse a new boat lift.

New landscaping, not sure what will be done with the brick, maybe paint, maybe removed.

The water heater and HVAC is new, so we are keeping that.

The season is pretty much over in April so we will be able to rent a vrbo for a reduced rate. Most are just happy to have someone there. Some snowbird friends have said we could stay at their place, but I think I’d just as soon rent and keep things friendly.

So wish me luck, hopefully I won’t be divorced and have to sell the house before the remodeling is done. I don’t think I’ll be saving anything from buying a house that was already updated, but this way the wife can get what she wants.

And I’m buying a boat, but I’ve been told I have to wait till our house closes.

Beautiful! Nothing to add but to say good for. When you said north I thought maybe you meant north snow country. Lol

Lovely!! It's really huge, too, so you will have plenty of space for projects or whatever you want to do. Also, perfect location for your new boat. :)

Nice house. Enjoy it.
I also thought you were giving up on FLA. Glad you are staying.

Wow, that is quite a project! But the home seems to have good bones with a quiet neighborhood, dock on a canal, pool enclosed in a lanai, large garage, ample sized rooms, etc. I watch all the Househunters episodes on HGTV and this reminds me of what many of the Floridians are looking for in a home. It will be beautiful after the remodel or even after just some wall paper removal, paint, and new flooring.

I really like the covered lanai, pool, and hot tub, I would spend most of my time out there.

What, no heliport?

I must not watch enough HGTV. The house already looks to me like a palace; I can't imagine what I would change that would be an upgrade.

Congratulations on the gorgeous new home.

A couple of silly questions if I may:

I looked at the property and there are a lot of waterways. Are those man-made waterways for housing development?

And do all the waterways lead to the gulf?

Access to the gulf, your own closed in pool and a nice size house--All for under $500K Not bad.

I can't imagine what I would change that would be an upgrade.

My thoughts exactly. The OP's DW would faint if she saw the kitchen & bathrooms in my house (think late '70s wallpaper, etc. :) ).

I googled Hurricane Charley (2004) and found a photo of the what looks like the OP's new neighborhood totally wasted. Charlotte County public records might indicate if the OP's new house needed any repair / reconstruction work back then. Fortunately, since lightning and hurricanes never strike twice the OP can settle into his new home without worry. :)

Last edited:
A couple of silly questions if I may:

I looked at the property and there are a lot of waterways. Are those man-made waterways for housing development?

And do all the waterways lead to the gulf?

Access to the gulf, your own closed in pool and a nice size house--All for under $500K Not bad.

Yes the waterways , or canals, are manmade and lead to the Gulf.

Hurricane Charlie took off the roof of the house I’m buying. Most homes had new roofs installed after Charlie.

Hopefully by the end of the summer I’ll be able to post some after pics.

Back
Top Bottom