Medscape Article Explains Rapid Deterioration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rianne

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
The insight from this article sheds new information, at least I did not understand. Not a long article but points out the urgency and misinformation out there.

"The Italian experience indicates it will take mass triage to determine who should get the ventilators, he said
"A lot of these individuals we actually saw or heard from on the outpatient side a week before. They were relatively doing well, they had a cold or cough, and they rapidly deteriorated in a second," Parodi said."

"Kaiser, which cares for 12 million patients nationally, has seen patients in their 30s and 40s who have required mechanical ventilation with COVID-19, in addition to people in their 70s and 80s.
"I've been surprised about that," Parodi said. "Twenty percent of the patients don't fit the classic cohort described in the Chinese data."
As for mortality rate estimates, he said that until more testing becomes available, he can't give accurate data on what they're seeing thus far."

My concern is: are they testing everyone that had any flu like symptoms at death for the virus?

https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/927283#vp_2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom