One year away and the kids are all on their own

Breidenbrewer

Confused about dryer sheets
Hi!

So far so good: we are empty nesters now, no grand kids yet, and are both in good health. We both like to ski, hike, and backpack. My wife is more into biking, while I'm still hitting the weights (see Barbell Prescription, or any of the Starting Strength material). I am also an avid homebrewer, chaser of fish, and fly tier. Ich lerne Deutsch, aber ich ben nicht sehr gut. I'm engineer/manager with a background is fluid dynamics and systems engineering, working in and around expendable launch vehicles.

I'm 61 and less than a year away from "retirement". I'm no expert, but I do have a fairly good feel for what I don't know. Per Firecalc, I'm in the 97-100% target range. The only wild card I'm concerned about is the health care rate of inflation. I am assuming a margin above the CPI of 3 to 3.5%.

Welcome! Glad to have you posting - you'll find several other home brewers and fisher folks around here. Ich habe in 1995 gelearnt Deutsch wenn wir in Deutchland vier jahre gewohnt. (And I'm sure I butchered that sentence horribly! I can still read it reasonably well but the rest is quite rusty.)

Welcome fellow backpacker! I hope you will post pictures of your adventures. Colorado is a beautiful state. Will your wife be joining you in retirement? Any future travel plans?

Welcome. This is a great place to be. Hope to hear more from you!

Back
Top Bottom